Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You are going to be pleasantly surprised with the performance......

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I got my Cirtix/17.5T Combo yesterday. I will be racing this weekend in a fairly small track I would say 90x40... What's the starting FDR you guys are suggesting? This will be a test run for our club and see how Cirtix Stock Club ESC performs I will be racing it against Timing Advance ESC it will be fun if I can keep up with them

It's pretty cool the motor looks like silver can but it's brushless.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
You are going to be pleasantly surprised with the performance......
What are your suggetion on gearing to start with?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Follow the suggestions here... I started with a 3.5 and it was perfect... did not change it. We will tweek it here and there, but was right on for our Track.. 140x70 fast track..
Old 05-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

I'll start at around 4.5 FDR and go from there since it's a small track.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I'm bummed; the local hobby shop/indoor track owner where I live in upstate New York is'nt very interested in getting us the Cirtix Stock Club esc/17.5 motor combo. He is being cheap and won't commit to the 10 units required to get the special pricing from Speed Passion. He claims his profit margin would be too low to make it worthwhile. He wants to wait and see if the other manufacturers like Novak, Reedy, Tekin, LRP, etc., come out with something similar. He might reconsider when Fall rolls around in September; that's our only hope at this point.

Meanwhile in the last couple of years I have seen attendance at his races decrease, and the only people who are running brushless are the "hard core" 1/10 NASCAR pan car guys who all use the $230-$250+ Novak esc/motor combos.

My friends and I have tried to explain that we cannot afford those expensive systems and that there are many more who feel the same way, and that he would be able to sell many more of the Cirtix Stock club combos if he got on board with this and as a result would see the attendance go up at the races, as well as sales of cars and parts; but he just does'nt seem to get it!

He says you get what you pay for and that you need to pay more for the brushless technology.

So for now we are "dead in the water" regarding this awesome deal from Speed Passion where I live.

Thanks anyway Shawn
Old 05-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Well I'm bummed; the local hobby shop/indoor track owner where I live in upstate New York is'nt very interested in getting us the Cirtix Stock Club esc/17.5 motor combo. He is being cheap and won't commit to the 10 units required to get the special pricing from Speed Passion. He claims his profit margin would be too low to make it worthwhile. He wants to wait and see if the other manufacturers like Novak, Reedy, Tekin, LRP, etc., come out with something similar. He might reconsider when Fall rolls around in September; that's our only hope at this point.

Meanwhile in the last couple of years I have seen attendance at his races decrease, and the only people who are running brushless are the "hard core" 1/10 NASCAR pan car guys who all use the $230-$250+ Novak esc/motor combos.

My friends and I have tried to explain that we cannot afford those expensive systems and that there are many more who feel the same way, and that he would be able to sell many more of the Cirtix Stock club combos if he got on board with this and as a result would see the attendance go up at the races, as well as sales of cars and parts; but he just does'nt seem to get it!

He says you get what you pay for and that you need to pay more for the brushless technology.

So for now we are "dead in the water" regarding this awesome deal from Speed Passion where I live.

Thanks anyway Shawn
Sounds like you gave your LHS more than a fair chance and he doesn't want your business. I'm sure someone else does and hopefully you find them.

You could either get enough racers on board to pre-pay the LHS so there's no risk for him or take your business elsewhere.

I have owned small businesses and believe me I know how tough it can be, but you don't turn away eager customers with money in their hands, slim margins or not. Sometimes you even sell certain items at a loss in order to build customer loyalty that most often comes back to you many times over in the future.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

reenmachine, you hit the nail on the head! My thoughts exactly!

Unfortunately, where I live there are no other tracks nearby; so his is the "only game in town" as they say. Nowhere else to go to "give my business to".

Part of the problem is that this is his slow season with no indoor racing other than my small class. His general racing season runs from September-April so he's not inclined to spend any money right now. But as I said previously, his regular season racing attendance has been dropping the last couple of years, and I feel that a big part of the problem is his reluctance to try anything different, and many of the people who race are being driven away by the high costs involved to compete. They would welcome a true stock spec-type brushless esc/motor combo like the Cirtix Stock Club.

He(the owner) likes to deal only with the big national distributors like Horizon, etc, and if they don't offer a program like the one Speed passion does, then he's not inclined to give it a try. Very narrowminded! That's his "comfort zone" and he does'nt like to stray out of it.

Hopefully in the fall he will try this out. I only hope that Speed Passion will still have the Cirtix Stock Club combo at the same prices if/when he decides to get on board.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Why don't you and your buddies pre pay the systems so he has a very limited amount out of his pocket.

reenmachine, you hit the nail on the head! My thoughts exactly!

Unfortunately, where I live there are no other tracks nearby; so his is the "only game in town" as they say. Nowhere else to go to "give my business to".

Part of the problem is that this is his slow season with no indoor racing other than my small class. His general racing season runs from September-April so he's not inclined to spend any money right now. But as I said previously, his regular season racing attendance has been dropping the last couple of years, and I feel that a big part of the problem is his reluctance to try anything different, and many of the people who race are being driven away by the high costs involved to compete. They would welcome a true stock spec-type brushless esc/motor combo like the Cirtix Stock Club.

He(the owner) likes to deal only with the big national distributors like Horizon, etc, and if they don't offer a program like the one Speed passion does, then he's not inclined to give it a try. Very narrowminded! That's his "comfort zone" and he does'nt like to stray out of it.

Hopefully in the fall he will try this out. I only hope that Speed Passion will still have the Cirtix Stock Club combo at the same prices if/when he decides to get on board.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

TimPotter, we offered him that, and he's still hesitant to do anything! He wants to wait and see if the likes of Novak, Reedy, LRP, etc come out with something similar. Notice that they are all sold through Horizon! Get the idea?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys SP Cirtix did really well today for the first time out. I got it geared at 3.6 FDR temp got only about 110 on the ESC/Motor I run it on expert stock class with all the guys running Timing advance ESC. It was sure lacking speed on the straight but the punch is their. I manage to put the SP Cirtix on the A-main today and finish 3rd overall. I also won the 3rd hit sure it was fun with all the guys running with tekin and LRP are trying to catch me I got the same speed on the in-field and I manage to put a really clean run.

Overall it was a really good ESC/Motor Combo and for true Spec Racing I highly reccommed it. Our club is trying to get this class going hopefully when we start our Point series.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

TimPotter, we offered him that, and he's still hesitant to do anything! He wants to wait and see if the likes of Novak, Reedy, LRP, etc come out with something similar. Notice that they are all sold through Horizon! Get the idea?
Why don't you just see if SP USA can help you directly. If not, just buy the stuff somewhere else, since this guy doesn't seem to need the money
Old 05-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got to test the system today(Thankyou TQRCRACING.COM).
AWESOME. Esc had great Rip. Geared a 3.5 at a track `100x50. Mid/top was really good too. There was plenty of torque and top end. I ran with a fellow HB driver Joe Mac and it was comparable in speeds with his Tekin. Obviously the Tekin has more top end, but with a track this small, it worked pretty well.

2 thumbs up for a system performing like it is 2 or even 3 times the price.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

robk, the problem is there are not 10 of us in our class,and there needs to be a minimum order of 10 combos to qualify for the special pricing from Speed Passion. Plus there is nowhere else to go in our area to race indoors and have enough people to make the minimum. So, we are kinda stuck!
His indoor track really is the only game around.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
We either have in place already, or are actively working on almost a dozen clubs, and spanning almost 40 tracks to start up spec classes in the USA. On road, off road, and even dirt oval!

I'm getting new clubs, tracks, and series organizer inquiries every day, so if it's not being worked on in your particular area yet, I'm sure it will be soon :-)

Any news from Mike's in Porter (Houston) Texas?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl
Govert,

You're talking about a Cirtix sensorless with 26,5 degrees of timing. As far as i know the ETS-Cirtix will be a sensored low timing ESC. When you do 3.5 on the MACH-Cirtix it will burn; the ETS-Cirtix can really handle the 3.5 in tests they went down to 2.5 without burning!!

greetz,

Eric
My bad!
Indeed there seems to be a huge difference between the sensorless and sensor combo. But the one I was talking about was geared 4.5 and not 3.5. Doesn't really matter what gearing, the sensorless combo is flammable .
I don't expect any problems with the sensor combo, since I hear some good feedback from people that are using it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.