Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Ok, I know from experience this esc will not work with LRP motors.

Wish I would have known before you put your's in Steve and I would have told you.

We have gotten them to work with Duo 1's and 2's as well as Orion's, Novak's, but only if they have the USVTA sticker on the box.
Ahh ok. I tried it with the LRP, D3 and the Speed Passion V3 17.5...but the same results with all of them. I'll try my old 17.5R I have and I also have a Nemesis I could try. And the box does have the USVTA sticker on it...

Oh and since I tried the other motors does that mean I ruined the ESC? Guess I'll find out soon enough

Last edited by PitNamedGordie; 12-05-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Please clarify: Our SS Pro and Ballistic 25.5s for USVTA are built the same as our other wind motors.
The first gen of the Cirtix would not work with the Ballistic line of motors, but for some reason they would work, most of the time, with the SS line of motors. I don't know why, and have never been given a reason or explanation from SP.

So, now we just try to make sure the customer knows, much like the Havoc series is, with only being "intended" to work with brand specific motors.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Ahh ok. I tried it with the LRP, D3 and the Speed Passion V3 17.5...but the same results with all of them. I'll try my old 17.5R I have and I also have a Nemesis I could try. And the box does have the USVTA sticker on it...

Oh and since I tried the other motors does that mean I ruined the ESC? Guess I'll find out soon enough
We thought Blake had blown his up to in Cleveland, but when we got back and re-installed the V2 motor it was ok.

DO NOT try the Nemesis, it WILL let any remaining smoke out.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok, I know from experience this esc will not work with LRP motors.

Wish I would have known before you put your's in Steve and I would have told you.

We have gotten them to work with Duo 1's and 2's as well as Orion's, Novak's, but only if they have the USVTA sticker on the box.
Worked with my 17.5 LRP X12 just fine in RCGT all summer.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If my esc doesn't work with a certain motor and therefore causes the esc to puff a bunch of smoke, shouldn't SP replace the esc at no cost since no where does the manual say the esc will only work with certain motors?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Ed...if you are going to make it out to the Series Race on saturday swing by and I will show you how I had mine mounted in my TA05.
Kevin-Thanks for the offer. As you know I was not at the Series Race. Wish I could have gone. Hope everyboby from IL made it home safe. I was at The Track this Sunday for some practice. Man oh man- My SP ESC is awesome!! I read some of the negative threads about it. I can't figure out why people are having problems with it. I just read the directions, watched video, called Eric for some advice, pluged in and played. At the Track my car was good- not great but good. Eric and I did some practice racing. On our first run I was able to stay with him. I could chase and I could stay away, but I could not pull away if I was in the front. The cars looked fairly equal. The second run I could not shake him and when he got passed me he was gone. Maybe he was just playing with me on our first run!? Anyway, I had some good practices. I highly recomend this Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ECS to anybody!!!
See you at the races...Ed
Old 12-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
So I bought one of these instead of getting my Tekin fixed.

Installed it with an LRP x12 17.5. Reversed the throttle on my DX3R..set EPA to 100%. Calibrated the ESC; neutral - button - one beep, full throttle - button - two beeps, brake - button - three beeps. I then reset the ESC and I get a solid yellow with a flashing red LED and I get no throttle response whatsoever. I've tried this with two other motors...Trinity D3 17.5 and SP V3 17.5. Did I buy a dud???
May I know where you purchased your ESC..?
You have 90 days warranty period...contact Albert @ SP Chicago office and he will get that replaced for you....make sure you have your receipt attached for warranty services...and follow the RMA process. Thanks.

BTW...Jimmy and I ran the club spec with X12 LRP motor the whole summer, along with the Novak SS 21.5, then later the Novak Ballistic 25.5 motor......all working fine.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
May I know where you purchased your ESC..?
From his LHS
Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

From his LHS
OK...then would you please do my job and get that TAKE CARE of...LOL.

Thanks Eric....and let me know what is your finding.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes I support my LHS

Eric I'll be up there tomorrow night...I'll bring my car...maybe I'm being and idiot and doing something wrong. lol
Old 12-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I finally solved the problem with the Cirtix 17.5 club combo. When I got it there was a problem and the motor would only stutter and not go. Found out the sensor wire was broken off in a few places where it goes into the connector. Replaced that, still stutters a little on startup and has a significantly lower top end than other guys running the same combo and it would also get very hot running the same rollout as everyone else. When I contacted Speed Passion they said they couldn't do anything if the motor smelt any bit burnt (not my fault). So I ordered a used novak 17.5 motor on here, put that in today and it runs perfectly. Thankfully the problem was the motor and not the esc.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

For those who race Tamiya Champion Series (TCS)....Speed Passion Cirtix Club Spec is one of the legal ESC for the only brushless class, GT1. And the Speed Passion V2 ultra sportsman 17.5 motor is being consider as one of the legal motor as well (but is under review, not allow yet)....

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...rules%20V4.pdf
Old 12-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For those who race Tamiya Champion Series (TCS)....Speed Passion Cirtix Club Spec is one of the legal ESC for the only brushless class, GT1. And the Speed Passion V2 ultra sportsman 17.5 motor is being consider as one of the legal motor as well (but is under review, not allow yet)....

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...rules%20V4.pdf
True... And thanks for giving him your input. There is really no reason for the v2 motor not to be included. It is actually at a disadvantage since you can't change the physical timing. Any other 17.5 motor you carry that would be appropriate to the rules should be suggested to Fred (FMW). Thanks! Btw any tracking on my replacement motor?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by izzyracer
True... And thanks for giving him your input. There is really no reason for the v2 motor not to be included. It is actually at a disadvantage since you can't change the physical timing. Any other 17.5 motor you carry that would be appropriate to the rules should be suggested to Fred (FMW). Thanks! Btw any tracking on my replacement motor?
Please check PM...thanks.

V2 motor can adjust timing.....it is the owner choice to do it or not. Also, your club race manager decision. Not recommanded but it can be adjusted.

Last edited by Solara; 12-16-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

V2 motor can adjust timing.....it is the owner choice to do it or not. Not recommanded but it can be adjusted.
Shhhhh about the timing!

Singapore??? patience patience patience - thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.