Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
What is that thing for?

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
to adjust the brakes on the Cirtix Stock Club Race speed control?
asked and answered
Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
asked and answered
so, no brake adjustment at all on the speedo itself?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No, programmer lets you adjust braking strength, and drag brake. Out of the box it's 0% drag brake, and 50% braking. I set mine to 100% braking, huge difference especially with 3.5ish FD.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Solara
For me....TRUE SPEC RACING is....1 brand/model of ESC, then 1 brand/model of MOTOR....leave the chassis open, options on the car open....setup is always open, and driving skill.....absolutely open. And if that day finally come, the fun of true RC racing will start.
All esc’s with a ‘spec’ mode should perform the same. With a zero timing advance ‘spec’ mode they are absolutely more the same than motors will ever be. Since there is no unfair advantage people should have choices.

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
You would think that the likes of Novak, Tekin, Epic, Reedy, etc would take notice of how well these Cirtix Stock Club combos are selling and come out with there own versions at the same price point. I mean that Speedtech, and TQ Racing can't keep them in stock because they no sooner get them in than they are sold out again! It is so painfully obvious that there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE market for a $70-80 spec brushless esc/motor combo, especially in this lousy economy; yet it seems that those other companies are too arrogant to step up to the plate and offer their own low cost spec version.

It amazes me that they just don't seem to get it, or should I say care!

Kudos to Speed Passion for thinking of the average "Joe" and producing an excellent product at an affordable price. They deserve to profit from this!

Keep it up Speed Passion!! I know that personally I won't be buying ANY of the competitions products!
It is not arrogance. If everyone is forced to operate on low margins there will be few choices and no competition driving innovation, market growth and ultimately better products at lower prices. Be careful what you wish for……

Since there is no real advantage other than cost, it is arrogant to exclude the companies that have supported RC racing from the beginning and continue to today. Buy what you choose, but do not take the freedom of choice from everyone.

Tekin Prez
Old 07-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Well said.

I think the current Citrix esc's are a great ADDITION to the hobby (even though I don't own one), but it will be a sad day when the lowest common denominator in performance is the only option.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can get my hands on the Citrix 13.5 combo?

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...asp?p=12280135

I have the 17.5 combo and love the simplicity of it so now I want the 13.5. Anyone have this and could give me some feedback. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by js058515
Anyone know where I can get my hands on the Citrix 13.5 combo?

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...asp?p=12280135

I have the 17.5 combo and love the simplicity of it so now I want the 13.5. Anyone have this and could give me some feedback. Thanks.
Just have your local hobbyshop order one for you.

TQ Hobbies
Speedtech RC
Ultimate Hobbies

they all carry Speedpassion and will gladly order one for you.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Cool, I will work on that then. Thanks again Charlie B!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by js058515
Cool, I will work on that then. Thanks again Charlie B!
No worries...hope to see u at the track soon.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by charlie_b
No worries...hope to see u at the track soon.
almost there Charlie!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Here in Europe the Citrix is a real hit. In the ETS series it´s handout together with a SP 13.5t motor. The price for the ESC is around 60 dollars at the races and if you just wanna race one race you can borrow one for 6 dollars. A great concept and very popular too. Every race draws 100-130 stock drivers and everyone enjoys the level playing field.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
All esc’s with a ‘spec’ mode should perform the same. With a zero timing advance ‘spec’ mode they are absolutely more the same than motors will ever be. Since there is no unfair advantage people should have choices.

It is not arrogance. If everyone is forced to operate on low margins there will be few choices and no competition driving innovation, market growth and ultimately better products at lower prices. Be careful what you wish for……

Since there is no real advantage other than cost, it is arrogant to exclude the companies that have supported RC racing from the beginning and continue to today. Buy what you choose, but do not take the freedom of choice from everyone.

Tekin Prez
Jim,

Its a two way street though.... The technology of advanced timing ESC's sure put this hobby into a pickle. "Be careful what you wish for" can apply to either situation.

Note, being an old EE myself I LOVE the innovation the new ESC's have provided but I also remember when I thought a 13.5 connected to a GTB was fast .

Take Care,
Jimmy
Old 08-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Yes, but it's not the manufacturer that made the ESC's with turbo on a whim. It was a lot of lobbying from racers that wanted more straight-line speed to catch the SPX, and then, well, we all know where it went from there!
I think the development has been a logical progression, it's just been a LOT faster than most racers have been able to keep up with. Thankfully there are physical limits on what the cars can do, or who knows how fast they would be in a few years!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Where can I get the necessary hardware (USB or programming card) to adjust the brakes on the Cirtix Stock Club Race speed control?
Sorry, USB programmer is NOT for Cirtix Stock Club Spec ESC. It cannot be used. It is for other CIRTIX series ESC, just not Club Spec.

The programmer box you need is SPESCPB01, your local hobby store or online has it instock already. Ask arround. If not, contact Speed Passion USA.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Sorry, USB programmer is NOT for Cirtix Stock Club Spec ESC. It cannot be used. It is for other CIRTIX series ESC, just not Club Spec.

The programmer box you need is SPESCPB01, your local hobby store or online has it instock already. Ask arround. If not, contact Speed Passion USA.
we have them hanging on the hook here at the shop.

Howard- you have email

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.