Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I make this????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

another:

the only real rubbing I have at this point is because I never trimmed how low the body goes so it scrapes the ground well before I bottom out. also the front catches the grass and it gets sucked under the front of the truck. OH and when racing around and hitting a puddle at WOT the nose acts as a big parachute/plow thingy.
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-hpim0251.jpg  
Old 06-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Hmmmmm!

Originally posted by corvettecrazy
here is a picture of a 200mm touring car body (more specifically, the HPI S15 Silvia) mounted onto a HPI RS4 nitro MT. (1/10th scale truck)

PS. the paint didn't adher for some reason so most of it flaked off which is why the body looks like I beat it with a bat.
LOL..... your CHIPPED body is the same as my FIRST body... i painted it using normal paint coz at that time i never knew i have to use LEXAN paint!!!! i laugh when i saw your pic...LOL... cant stop laughing until now !!!

by theway... the truck with touring car body.. is cool! looks like a MONTER TRUCK wannabe!!! LOL.

i bet hellion body on your truck will be a CROWD PLEAZERRRRR...

mop
Old 06-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Default FUEL VALVE

last time i did mentioned i want to ask HELLION about his intention on having RE-FUELING VALVE on his body.

his answer is.... he will concentrate to let go this first design and also at the same time trying to get ROAR to approve the design.

He will definitely continue to design more bodies and surely he will proceed to find a better solution on his idea to have the re-fueling valve.

I think... as a supporter on this thread.... we need to give some input to HELLION on how to go about on his re-fueling valve.... although i think HELLION might already have a certain idea on how to do the re-fueling valve.... but hey... we also can always give ideas and even comments for him ..... am i correct? MORE HEADS are better than one....

mop
Old 06-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Default REFUELLING VALVE.. brain storming

just do a brain storming..

emmm actually not a brain storming... just a simple search in the net.

EXTERNAL REFUELLING VALVE
This device is installed flush with the bodywork and is directly connected to the natural gas tank. It includes the connection to the refuelling system, a built-in check valve, and a second check valve to be fitted on the cylinder valve. It allows refuelling with natural gas without needing to open the bonnet.

mop

taken from here
Old 06-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Valve!

I have already designed it! but I need to find time to make it. It works like a real race car fast fill. You just shove the tube on the fuel bottle into the slot and squeeze. It's full when it trickels out the overflow
Old 06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Taaa Daaaaa!

Ok guys I will take orders for my bodies next week and I really hope you enjoy them! they are designed to keep the unburnt fuel off the rear tire, the rear wing is mounted to a inlay of the body and it will bend down at high speeds reducing drag,the wind shield has been designed to help the center downforce and it has a few other neat tricks! I have spent many hours testing changing modifying and I am very proud of this design. It's wind tunnel tests where amazing and I think it looks cool too! However It is important to know a body can only do so much. A veteran driver will feel the diffrence but it's not going to turn a beginner into a pro or even make a ill handleing car handle but so far the test bodies I gave out have been doing very well and they seem to love them! And like I said earlier I'm sending a few to ROAR to get them aproved LOL I forgot about the hood scoops! They are funcitional and are a big help with cooling the engine but if you are racing ROAR rules then you should just paint them I'm hoping to work with ROAR to except the scoops
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-imga3291.psd.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Taaa Daaaaa!

Originally posted by HELLION
Ok guys I will take orders for my bodies next week and I really hope you enjoy them! they are designed to keep the unburnt fuel off the rear tire, the rear wing is mounted to a inlay of the body and it will bend down at high speeds reducing drag,the wind shield has been designed to help the center downforce and it has a few other neat tricks! I have spent many hours testing changing modifying and I am very proud of this design. It's wind tunnel tests where amazing and I think it looks cool too! However It is important to know a body can only do so much. A veteran driver will feel the diffrence but it's not going to turn a beginner into a pro or even make a ill handleing car handle but so far the test bodies I gave out have been doing very well and they seem to love them! And like I said earlier I'm sending a few to ROAR to get them aproved LOL I forgot about the hood scoops! They are funcitional and are a big help with cooling the engine but if you are racing ROAR rules then you should just paint them I'm hoping to work with ROAR to except the scoops

WOW! proud to know that u finally realeasing it to public and taking orders....

do u have www for ur online ordering?

or u can create a thread in this forum ...is it?

mop
Old 06-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Re: Taaa Daaaaa!

Now thats the news I have been waiting for. just let me know howwhen and how to order.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:24 PM
ade
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Cool

Nice design!

I hope to see them on ebay. Maybe you can open an ebay store or something.....I just hope you accept paypal
Old 06-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default E bay huh?

Thats a good Idea! Hey does anyone know a wholesaler for shipping boxes??? Man there expensive
Old 06-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Default SHIPPING BOX WHOLESALE

Thats a good Idea! Hey does anyone know a wholesaler for shipping boxes??? Man there expensive
try search in EBAY also....

good luck on that!

mop
Old 06-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default This is cool!

Look at the picture and you will see how I channeled the bod! You don't have to use one of my bodies to do this. I think you can do this to most bodies. It gives it a real clean look
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-imga3502.jpg  
Old 06-13-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: This is cool!

Look at the picture and you will see how I channeled the bod! You don't have to use one of my bodies to do this. I think you can do this to most bodies. It gives it a real clean look
what do you mean by 'CHANNELED" the body?

u mean the 'angle' at the side skirting?

how to make those angled skirting? heat the lexan and carefully bend it to 90degree towards inside of the car?

mop
Old 06-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default NO HEAT!

No you do not need to use heat ! The best thing to use is a pair of sheet metal vicegrips with 3 or 4 inch blades on them. You can fold it by hand but it is difficult to make the seem straight. If you look at the picture you will see that I cut a small slit so I could box it. Then just put a staple in it. Sometimes when you get a dent in a body you can use heat to get it out but be careful and do it slowly. If you do it to much or get it to hot it will wrinkle and also blister the paint so do this from the out side of the body. I would advise trying this on a old body first. I use a heat gun but you might try a hair dryer!
Old 06-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Default i got the SPY pic of the first batch

i got the spy pic of the FIRST BATCH of HELLION BODIES....

straight from hellion himself...LOL

enjoy....

faster go and order yours!!!!

mop
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-mass-production-begins01.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.