Wiki Posts
Search

NEW TRACK AT PITTSBURGH RACEWAY PARK IN NEW ALEXANDRIA PA

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Oh ok good. Im gonna try this thursday if the weather holds up!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Chris - I ran on the track for a little on the 3rd before you guys got there, and the track was pretty fun. I did, however, find one major problem: my truck couldn't clear the jumps! I was running a T4 with a 7.5 which is way more power than needed, but the way the jumps are, they just aren't clear-able with a 1/10 scale car. All that really needs to be done to remedy it is to cut out the faces of the launch camps so that it will put the cars into the air (making a transition in the ramp) because right now it's like driving up a long hill and just falling off the edge of a cliff, which doesn't set you up for any kind of controllable landing at all. I tore up a BUNCH of parts just trying to clear the small gaps and it's going to make it very tough for anything other than 1/8 Buggy and Truggy. I think the jumps could all be dug out within an hour with the equipment so it I don't see it being a huge issue. Can't wait to bring my D8 down and try some laps in the next few weeks!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yeah thanks Matt I resurfaced the 3 jumps In the middle they are real smooth now and the stock CORR truck had no problem making them
Originally Posted by carcrusher46
Chris - I ran on the track for a little on the 3rd before you guys got there, and the track was pretty fun. I did, however, find one major problem: my truck couldn't clear the jumps! I was running a T4 with a 7.5 which is way more power than needed, but the way the jumps are, they just aren't clear-able with a 1/10 scale car. All that really needs to be done to remedy it is to cut out the faces of the launch camps so that it will put the cars into the air (making a transition in the ramp) because right now it's like driving up a long hill and just falling off the edge of a cliff, which doesn't set you up for any kind of controllable landing at all. I tore up a BUNCH of parts just trying to clear the small gaps and it's going to make it very tough for anything other than 1/8 Buggy and Truggy. I think the jumps could all be dug out within an hour with the equipment so it I don't see it being a huge issue. Can't wait to bring my D8 down and try some laps in the next few weeks!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys....just wanted to say what a great bunch of guys you all are.....I appreciate all the help on my outtakontroll revo as well. This track is awesome. Here are some videos I took of some of the shananegenz last Saturday as well as today. The vendor has been there both times I was and he is an awesome asset. He helped me out a bunch today which I really appreciate. And I just cant say enough about Chris.....Incredible dude !
Enjoy!
Outta

Ok I can not post links until I have enough posts here. I emailed the links to Chris and maybe he will post them for me.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

ME and my bro stopped out today the track looks amazing and i cant wait to get the losi on it. I only saw a few guys there but they seemed like a cool bunch of dudes. Cant wait to finally throw down some laps with the 8ight.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here are some videos from our last couple of practices.
This is Mfal, Rcscotty & me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXOzLFRo6QQ
Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BIG HOP
Here are some videos from our last couple of practices.
This is Mfal, Rcscotty & me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXOzLFRo6QQ
and here is a video of Jason Lapay and his MP9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-L1_Jr7NVc
Old 07-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

From that video it looks as though you look down into the track from a elevated area. I take the stand is near that but what Im wondering is the elevated area high enough for a person in a wheel chair to see the entire track? Any photo's from in front of the stand where a person in a wheeelchair may use?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
From that video it looks as though you look down into the track from a elevated area. I take the stand is near that but what Im wondering is the elevated area high enough for a person in a wheel chair to see the entire track? Any photo's from in front of the stand where a person in a wheeelchair may use?
Yes I will take some pics tomorrow and PM them to you.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I uploaded two gopro hg videos on my youtube page. make sure to suscribe to it because I turn this camera on everytime the truck fires up!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/wishmasstir

This was my first time with the rc on an actual track, I have to dial in the steering and practice for a while so my videos of it wont be great by any means but I told Jason next time we're both there to take my truck around so we have a FAST lap on tape.

oh and some of my gopro videos are good quality and some aren't ... I need to get some editing software yet

make sure to watch brutus sliding down the hill too ... my dog is freaking crazy

Last edited by wishmasstir; 07-23-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Visit to Pitsburgh Raceway Park

I had to run to Monroeville yesterday afternoon so while I was in the area I stopped at the track to take a look. The track looked awesome!!! I plan on coming back over on Saturday to try it out. You'll know which truck is mine, it will be the one off the track more than on as I have never driven it on a track before. I bought the truck in January when I was told there was an off-road course being built at Rt. 281 Speedway in Friedens Pa. which is about a 1/2 hour east of where I live. Well, I guess that plan was scratched as when I went to see how it was progressing all evidence of the off-road course had been leveled. Bummer! The next closest tracks I had heard of were Altoona(1-1/2 Hr. trip NE) or Sarver(1-1/2 Hr. NW), a little far to make practice sessions after work. New Alex. is very Do-able hope to see you guys soon!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jimj
I had to run to Monroeville yesterday afternoon so while I was in the area I stopped at the track to take a look. The track looked awesome!!! I plan on coming back over on Saturday to try it out. You'll know which truck is mine, it will be the one off the track more than on as I have never driven it on a track before. I bought the truck in January when I was told there was an off-road course being built at Rt. 281 Speedway in Friedens Pa. which is about a 1/2 hour east of where I live. Well, I guess that plan was scratched as when I went to see how it was progressing all evidence of the off-road course had been leveled. Bummer! The next closest tracks I had heard of were Altoona(1-1/2 Hr. trip NE) or Sarver(1-1/2 Hr. NW), a little far to make practice sessions after work. New Alex. is very Do-able hope to see you guys soon!
Sounds like you and I will have some exciting racing.....on and off the track lol. Here is the link to my youtube channel with some wicked videos of some of us practicing. I still cant post links until I have made a certain amount of posts I guess. Just search for my name outtakontroll on youtube.
Hope to see you there.
Outta
Old 07-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll return once I get my buggy situation straightened out. I'm torn between fixing the rc8, (either staying nitro or converting to an e buggy) or getting a short course so I have something for the winter.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New 1/10 Track

Hey BIGHOP,
How's it goin' with the 1/10 Track? My parts should be in tomorrow so I'll see ya on Thursday weather permitting.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jimj
Hey BIGHOP,
How's it goin' with the 1/10 Track? My parts should be in tomorrow so I'll see ya on Thursday weather permitting.
Pretty good Jim I started moving dirt yesterday. I'll see ya Thursday my friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.