Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pic`s are on redrc if you guys want to take a look.

LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what i`m gonna be racing this year.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Pic`s are om redrc if you guys want to take a look.

LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what i`m gonna be racing this year.
Another sweet shell from PF. I'll be picking up a couple of these when they're released.

Now how about some love for us Ford fans, Mr. Epp....a Taurus SHO, maybe??
Old 05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Lets wait and see...

This is the same hype that was written about the PF RS-N, which personally I think was a flop
+1

The understeer on the R5 is terrible, it's even more useless as the dna, which is quite an achievement.
I'll keep it with the stratus and the Blitz RS4 for a while, this P56 looks too much like an Altis if you ask me, which I really disliked.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
+1

The understeer on the R5 is terrible, it's even more useless as the dna, which is quite an achievement.
I'll keep it with the stratus and the Blitz RS4 for a while, this P56 looks too much like an Altis if you ask me, which I really disliked.
I have nevery run an altis, but I can tell you the roofline and rear are noticably different. This body also has the small rear wing supports to keep the wing from flexing downward at high speed.

It is a really good body.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally i don`t think the P-56N looks anything like the Altis.

To me it looks like a stratus on steroids which is a good thing of course.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have nevery run an altis, but I can tell you the roofline and rear are noticably different. This body also has the small rear wing supports to keep the wing from flexing downward at high speed.

It is a really good body.
I know quite a bit about aerodynamics, especially how it applies to racing cars.

The front and the cab basically determine how a body handles on our cars.
If I look at the front and the cab of this body I immediately think of the Altis.

The rear and the sides don't do much for a body, for the rear/bootlid your only objective is to make it flex as less as possible to maximize wing performance. The bootlid can also be used to create downforce but the only body who has that is the Xceed A5 if I'm not mistaken.

I would also like to know why they didn't use the same side windows as they used on the R5N, this was a great feature of that body if you ask me. Greatly reduces drag.

Btw. the little holes on the wing sides, endplates, are they actual holes or are they just unpainted?.
If they are actual holes this sucks because I've been running something similar for a while and was planning to post some pictures in the body thread, but now Protoform has caught me out on that part.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I know quite a bit about aerodynamics, especially how it applies to racing cars.

The front and the cab basically determine how a body handles on our cars.
If I look at the front and the cab of this body I immediately think of the Altis.

The rear and the sides don't do much for a body, for the rear/bootlid your only objective is to make it flex as less as possible to maximize wing performance. The bootlid can also be used to create downforce but the only body who has that is the Xceed A5 if I'm not mistaken.

I would also like to know why they didn't use the same side windows as they used on the R5N, this was a great feature of that body if you ask me. Greatly reduces drag

Btw. the little holes on the wing sides, endplates, are they actual holes or are they just unpainted?.
If they are actual holes this sucks because I've been running something similar for a while and was planning to post some pictures in the body thread, but now Protoform has caught me out on that part.
Well, I am not an expert on aerodynamics but I can tell you from actual testing on the R5N that the shape of the roofline does have some effect on the handling of the body. Once again I say that us racers will decide if its good or not after it gets used. I have used it and I think its the best body that Dale has created.

The front of the body does have a more significant rake to it and I can see why you think of the Altis..

The rear wing has markings for those holes. It comes as a solid wing like you are used to seeing and we have used a dremel or other tools to make actual holes in the rear wing.

Give it a try and decide for yourself.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 05-03-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

this P56 looks too much like an Altis
and if it would handle like this it would be great for me and many of the kyosho users

Really crazy how many bodies we already have seen this year.
I was really looking forward to the R5N...but was extremly disappointed by it's lack of high speed steering. Low speed it's o.k. but somewhen it just looses anything that keeps the frontwheels down. Even if you cut out the traditional way (what I was told adds some steering) it is not suitable for highspeed corners.

If PF have realized that and changed it with the P56 I will give them another try. Maybe it's because of that or just for easier production that the side windows look standard again.

Any news about the rear wing cut-outs...
What do they do...?? Create some kind of dirty air behind the rear wing that maybe affects the air below the body similar to 1/8...hmm, interesting detail.
Hope it was tested to avoid "desasters" like the 1/8 shaddow or 1/10 R5N.

Well...at least PF now has made the two most beautiful scale bodies...hopefully the P56 is the fastest too.

--- MARTIN ---
Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Look at the A5 lines on the side and behind the rear wheels and the rear panel where the wing mounts come down, all A5 smh
Old 05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Nice

Hopefully we here in florida will find out real soon, for now the Chevy is the fastest.The traction at Fort was crazy high like 55mm /57mm rears no tire wear.Hope to try this body at our Region 4 race.When will it be ready to buy.Sup Scott how you been,Bobby here hope things are going well.The Fort is so smoooth dude no ripples at all.So when coming to Florida,you doing the Winternats.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

saw something here
http://www.redrc.net/2010/05/exclusi...dy/#more-31005
Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Hopefully we here in florida will find out real soon, for now the Chevy is the fastest.The traction at Fort was crazy high like 55mm /57mm rears no tire wear.Hope to try this body at our Region 4 race.When will it be ready to buy.Sup Scott how you been,Bobby here hope things are going well.The Fort is so smoooth dude no ripples at all.So when coming to Florida,you doing the Winternats.
Hey Bobby:

Not doing the fort. It just isn't my cup of tea. Thinking about the race in Kissimmee (sp?) in November.

Looks like the body will be available on Wednesday.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Saw the body this pass weekend at the silverbowl Motonica Race in Vegas. The body has awsome steering and stability! I ran the Chevy Cruzer body and it sucked @ss. Great steering but not good on stability in low bite track conditions! The Stratus was better for myself this past weekend.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Another 200mm touring car body to choice from!!!! I am glad that we now have more bodies to choose from as compared to what we have had the last couple of years. What some guys don't realize is that some bodies will work well on speed tracks, some will work better on short/medium course tracks, and the same holds true for free-flowing or technical tracks. With my current set-up, I have bodies designated for use on certain style tracks (the one that works aerodynamically better). I never limit myself to just one type/style. I look forward to getting a M56 and trying it out.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Now how about some love for us Ford fans, Mr. Epp....a Taurus SHO, maybe??
HELL TO THE YEAH!!! Have spent the last year and a half @ the plant making the SHO and had never thought about it but it would b the perfect sedan body with a couple of aero tweaks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.