Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Chicagoland Tracks >

Chicagoland Tracks

Chicagoland Tracks

Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Chicagoland Tracks

Are there any good tracks off or on road in or near Chicago besides Leisure Hours Raceway. I want to get back into racing and will base my decision on what class to race based on the nearest track with good participation. Leisure hours is great, but its a good hour away without any traffic since I live in downtown Chicago. I work like a dog and simply wouldn't be able to get away to LH as often as I would like, hence im looking for alternates. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob020880
Are there any good tracks off or on road in or near Chicago besides Leisure Hours Raceway. I want to get back into racing and will base my decision on what class to race based on the nearest track with good participation. Leisure hours is great, but its a good hour away without any traffic since I live in downtown Chicago. I work like a dog and simply wouldn't be able to get away to LH as often as I would like, hence im looking for alternates. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Hard to believe that there is only one track you can go to in the Chicagoland area! I am sure that something will pop up.

I live in North Central Indiana and there is 4 tracks within one hour. I am new to hobby and am excited to race as well.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I sure hope so, but its not looking promising.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

I know at HobbyTown St. Charles they had races last year in the parking lot every other saturday, but i dont think thats too close to you either. look for hobby shops beacause they sometimes setup tracks for the summer
Old 05-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Now that spring is here there are a couple of parking lot (on road) tracks opening. You can find them in the Wisconsin-Illinois thread. If you need any help PM me.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Rookie

stewsxtremercracing streator il,61364
1800 w.main st. rt.18 815-674-3982
Old 05-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks interesting but stews is twice as far as Leisure hours, im looking for something closer to chicago.