Search

Even Drake gets hit by the SOB Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher
Hey Andy, Thanks for watching my stuff!

Everybody always gets me and my little bro mixed up. I'm the older one who was convincing Micheal to buy your buggy.

I didn't believe it when Andy and my pops told me about it. Once I saw Adam walking with Dana and the note card in his hand I knew that they weren't kidding. It's total BS that we now have to be watching our stuff or locking them in the car while we pit for friends.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by M Chambers
That is really surprising to me that they would go into a trailer and take his truggy. I guess I wouldn't have been as surprised if someone just swiped it off a table out in the open but going in to the trailer and taking it... WOW
seriously! that takes some serious cahonas... And from what i hear Adam is one of the nicest most helpful guys out there... what a shame..
Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It would be nice to have some cameras over the parking lot now with monitor that everyone can see because this has gotten out of hand, the freakin crackheads from before when the junkyard was there now we have I think are spectators bringing lookouts on what they can grab and scoot out with before driver comes back, the hard part of this that you want to hepl a buddy pit for you and that already takes two away and when you know there's a good race then more leave the pits to watch. My thing now is you want to help when newbies comeby and ask but involves them in being in the pits and you feel proud when someone admires your stuff but what do we do to prevent this, do we have info pit passes into the pit area like the worlds, I would favor it so when some thing comes up missing you check camera along with driver's lic. info/pit pass that way it gives them a sense that they have onfo on them, the other thing I learned back in my clothing retail days is when a person comes into a store and you greet them they know you've made an eye to eye contact with them and if they were trying to lift something they know somone know what they look like. Sounds a lil silly to greet everyone that comes to the track but it would sure make them think.

Adam hope your ride comes back around somewhere along with others, I've been looking on Craigslist and E-bay just by chance and other should also they could be that stupid.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

revelation needs to fence off the rear pit section and have drivers only in pit area. if everyone has to funnel through the gate, i think it would deter thief's.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Man I leave my $h!t all spread out under my tent. iphone in the bose dock, tools everywhere parts NIP in the roller bags 2 chargers on the table and usually 300-400 worth of lipo batteries charging or on the table. That just plain sucks I would be pissed if someone else stole from me at a race. I guess I need to be more cautious. Stealing is just plain wrong. I am the type that gives back change when the teller gives me too much...

They will get what is coming to them there is no way around it.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Man I leave my $h!t all spread out under my tent. iphone in the bose dock, tools everywhere parts NIP in the roller bags 2 chargers on the table and usually 300-400 worth of lipo batteries charging or on the table. That just plain sucks I would be pissed if someone else stole from me at a race. I guess I need to be more cautious. Stealing is just plain wrong. I am the type that gives back change when the teller gives me too much...

They will get what is coming to them there is no way around it.
i agree with ya 100% Frank

i am pretty sure the thievery is coming from little punks that dont race but watch the races and want to race also .

i have no tolerance for thievery in any form , whether it be at the track or on the internet with customers or designs

we wanted this hobby to get bigger ???? be careful what you wish for , with more people involved there is more chance that there might be a few bad eggs out there
Old 04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i hate thieves ....the race track is like brotherhood we try to trust everyone like they are family...for now on fellas with wives don't like the hobby drag thier a$$ for gaurd duty..lol...one reason my wife go to races she watches the tent for the team
Old 04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
i hate thieves ....the race track is like brotherhood we try to trust everyone like they are family...for now on fellas with wives don't like the hobby drag thier a$$ for gaurd duty..lol...one reason my wife go to races she watches the tent for the team
my wife doesnt even like me racing let alone go to the track with me

its really getting tough now that it has became a hobby/business
Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
my wife doesnt even like me racing let alone go to the track with me

its really getting tough now that it has became a hobby/business
well i count myself lucky my rottweiler sits at my pit table and i haven't loss anything but no one puts there tent near me either. this is common with comments on drake that he is one of the nicest ppl to talk to but scumbag theifs dont stand and talk to him it happens to the best of us and im sorry this has happened
Old 04-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

sucks this happens. seems to happent to drake alot. I think his 1/10 truck was stolen at RCX a few years back. Shame because he really is one of the coolest most helpful guys in the biz.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Just put up signs that say video monitored. You don't even have to buy a camera. The threat alone should scare off bums.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
It would be nice to have some cameras over the parking lot now with monitor that everyone can see because this has gotten out of hand, the freakin crackheads from before when the junkyard was there now we have I think are spectators bringing lookouts on what they can grab and scoot out with before driver comes back, the hard part of this that you want to hepl a buddy pit for you and that already takes two away and when you know there's a good race then more leave the pits to watch. My thing now is you want to help when newbies comeby and ask but involves them in being in the pits and you feel proud when someone admires your stuff but what do we do to prevent this, do we have info pit passes into the pit area like the worlds, I would favor it so when some thing comes up missing you check camera along with driver's lic. info/pit pass that way it gives them a sense that they have onfo on them, the other thing I learned back in my clothing retail days is when a person comes into a store and you greet them they know you've made an eye to eye contact with them and if they were trying to lift something they know somone know what they look like. Sounds a lil silly to greet everyone that comes to the track but it would sure make them think.

Adam hope your ride comes back around somewhere along with others, I've been looking on Craigslist and E-bay just by chance and other should also they could be that stupid.
+1

It would really be nice if there were some cameras around to catch someone in the act. Also Dana should only have the front parking lot gate open. That way no one is able to drive away behind the hobby shop. If something dose go missing and is reported in time, Dana will be able to control the traffic flow and could check exiting cars. There is no outside parking, so it could be feasible to control the flow of traffic.

I hope Adam's and Darren's stuff is found. It's sad that something like that happened to such cool guys. They never did anything wrong to deserve that.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

These people are stealing in broad daylight with people around. Fake warnings wont do the trick. imo.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i cant believe this. wow.

a local driver was tellin me when he went to silver state he had a whole box of stuff stolen from him. ive been lucky and me and my dad have left our exergen temp gun at pit lane a couple times but every time someones returned it. its a shame people do this, i know the economy sucks but damn,
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smracer31
revelation needs to fence off the rear pit section and have drivers only in pit area. if everyone has to funnel through the gate, i think it would deter thief's.
You got that right but if they go there to rip you off, they are not going to leave empty handed....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.