Ofna Cd-3

Old 09-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Spenzalii!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Two must must haves are the alloy lower arm holders and the alloy sway bar holders - these act as a brace for the arms.

The alloy steering contains a plastic part, I've replaced mine with a alloy part I made up, locked it up and use a tamiya servo saver.

The mono mount (I love it!) - not a must have but it does make life easier.

For me the no go upgrades are the shock towers - they seem a step backwards. I also can't see the positive in the center alloy housing unless its lighter?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Why do the shock towers seem like a step back?
I also like the mono engine mount, apart from making the mesh easier it also looks really good.
any pics on the alloy piece you made up for the alloy steering? sounds interesting.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delta9
Why do the shock towers seem like a step back?
I also like the mono engine mount, apart from making the mesh easier it also looks really good.
any pics on the alloy piece you made up for the alloy steering? sounds interesting.
I guess you give up durability and ease of maintainance for adjustability, looks and (possibly) weight with the carbon shock towers. Your call.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

just checked weight difference in shock towers
carbon=21 grams
plastic=23 grams

and havent weighed the center housing, but know someone who has and they said the alloy is 1 gram lighter
Old 09-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

So its basically a looks thing then, well if they ever break i can always swop back to the originals, thanks for all the info guys
Old 09-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default pics

HOW do you post pics

Last edited by serpentrush; 09-06-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

While writing the message scroll down and click "Manage Attachments"
Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

i did i did i did an nothing
Old 09-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Note to self: do NOT squeeze too tightly on clutch bell if you want it to keep shape. Trying to get the pinion gears off, I clamped down on the edge of the clutch bell and bent it slightly. Not very good. So I have one on order. I should have just used the jig on the centax clutch tool. Live and learn, I suppose.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

The HN/OFNA clutch tool rocks I keep mine in my parts box all the time & use it so I don't have those problems.

When I used multigrips & leather I was always worried about damaging the pinion or bell.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm looking to upgrade servos from the JR ones that come with the radio. I have had problems with both and now the Z270 is being rebuilt and the Z590 is very tight and VERY slow response. What servos are you guys running? I'm bidding on this KO Propo Do you think this is a good one? Hopfully! I really need something better than what I have because it has been nothing but problems on the track. Out of three heats yesterday I only got in 10 laps total. Other than the steering, the new CRF is running like mad, once it gets up to temp. When it's cold out, she sure doesn't like to start and stay idle.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

All but one of my servos on my R/C are KO. I run digitals on steering and analog on throttle (apparantly you shouldn't run digital on throttle)

Not had one die yet and they are years old. I did have one go a little strange after running around in the rain but all cool when it dried out.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I guess I don't know the reason why you shouldn't run digital on throttle, could you please explain? I was planning on running the KO on steering anyway, but why not throttle? I didn't win the auction, I fell asleep before the auction was over and I was outbid by one dollar.
Oh well, I'm watching some JR digital servos.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

The JRs should work. A lot of people around here swear by their Futaba digital servos as well. Can't say why some don't run digital on the throttle. I know I read it somewhere, but I know some people (myself included) run them for steering and throttle. I figure the extra holding power you get from digital would work well with the brakes. But to each his own.

I'd almost like to throw Hitec as a decent servo, but I know too many people that say they're utter crap (like you, nightmare!). Their customer service and warranty are great, but I'd rather have a servo where I didn't have to use the warranty after all. I have heard good things about their titanium gear line of servos, though.

On an aside, driving with a radio with expo and then switching to one without it is difficult! I have the Aggressor CRX with my CD3 and have the expo set at 30% to take some of the dartiness off center out of the steering. Switched to the LD3 with my XR3 radio without expo and was all over the place with the car. Since it had some tuning issues (and some very fast 1/8 scale cars battling on the track), I decided to pull it last weekend rather than being a rolling obstacle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.