Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Cd-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

ohh thanks That reminds me I must bend my bumper back up before next race day lol..
Old 06-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yup. I plan on taking the old one and putting it in the oven to flatten it. Use it as a backup.

I need to find a p/s for an RB X12. May as well have a good backup motor.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey just wondering how do you actually straighten a bumper. Mine's bent up and want to straighten it but not sure what's the best way? Any other tools needed? Thanks for any reply.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

I was planning on putting the bumper in between 2 bricks any weights and placing in the oven at a lowish temp for a few minutes then letting it cool. Almost like flattening a warped record. It should work for the meantime.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh my goodness, there are people that still own the CD3's

Kekekekekeke...

BB
Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Heh...I still have one that I use for street bashing...works mint. Slapped a .18 OS Cvr Pull start in there.....RIppps

Good cars IMHO.

Cheers,
Old 06-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

BB, not everyone is cursed with noobisim.

I'll be keeping my CD3 for some time I think, I've got no reason to change. Receiver is now powered by a Lipo 1000mah pack.

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Oh my goodness, there are people that still own the CD3's
Kekekekekeke...
BB
Old 06-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think CD3s are fine. Over here it's MTX4 country. Nice cars and I wouldn't mind switching in the future to belt drives. For now, it suits me just fine. I got 3 by the way.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by au_Nightmare
BB, not everyone is cursed with noobisim.

I'll be keeping my CD3 for some time I think, I've got no reason to change. Receiver is now powered by a Lipo 1000mah pack.
au_Nightmare: noobism... WTF!

CD3 has been on down wards spiral, Ofna have thrown all there eggs into the Hyper GPX4 basket and all the HK online stores have pretty much stopped stocking parts by the looks.

MTX4, V1RRR, S720 etc are all the flavours of the month...

BB
Old 06-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

It's a trend. At one point everybody knew belts were the way to go. Then there was a whole lotof emphesis on shaft drive. Now the tide is turning back to belts. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages. If one of the big 3 decide to come out with a shaft drive and have one of their drivers put their support behind it, it will be back to shafts.

Ofna will still support the car, even if they don't have a pressence in on road racing (they never really did, anyway). Condidering they import from Hong Nor (CD3, LD3) and Ho Bao (GPX4), they will carry parts for both. Kyosho has a belt and a shaft platform in both nitro and electric and supports both (the support is better overseas, I will say). Statewise, you will see more belts, though.

Besides, it's not necessarily the car as the driver. If you can set the car up properly and drive a good line, you can put the car on the podium right next to that MTX-17 of 745v.2 or whatever the flavor of the month car is. If the car works for you and you can get parts for it, drive it until the wheels come off. The only reason I would switch to either a Mugen or Serpent right now is that the parts support in my area is great for them, since more than 1/2 the racers in the DC/MD/VA area drive them. But for now, I'm keeping my CD3.

Which lipo pack did you put in there? I've been thinking about getting one at some point, but wanted to make sure it would fit in that little box.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

BB - lol, you eat 1/10 and 1/8 kits faster then any one I know.

spenzalii - Went the VXR one. LRX-211000 1000Mah battery and LVR-5000 5A Regulator (For Spectrum 2.4GHz & Futaba PCM only). I'll get some pics..
Old 06-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spenzalii
It's a trend. At one point everybody knew belts were the way to go. Then there was a whole lotof emphesis on shaft drive. Now the tide is turning back to belts. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages. If one of the big 3 decide to come out with a shaft drive and have one of their drivers put their support behind it, it will be back to shafts.

Ofna will still support the car, even if they don't have a pressence in on road racing (they never really did, anyway). Condidering they import from Hong Nor (CD3, LD3) and Ho Bao (GPX4), they will carry parts for both. Kyosho has a belt and a shaft platform in both nitro and electric and supports both (the support is better overseas, I will say). Statewise, you will see more belts, though.

Besides, it's not necessarily the car as the driver. If you can set the car up properly and drive a good line, you can put the car on the podium right next to that MTX-17 of 745v.2 or whatever the flavor of the month car is. If the car works for you and you can get parts for it, drive it until the wheels come off. The only reason I would switch to either a Mugen or Serpent right now is that the parts support in my area is great for them, since more than 1/2 the racers in the DC/MD/VA area drive them. But for now, I'm keeping my CD3.

Which lipo pack did you put in there? I've been thinking about getting one at some point, but wanted to make sure it would fit in that little box.

I know it is driver/setup over the chassis itself, but first you need a reliable ride to finish. Parts here are almost none existent apart from an online store on the opposite side of the country to me. I geed things quicker from HK, but as i said earlier they are ditching it as it has lost it flavour appeal.

Anyway i stirred the pot

BB
Old 06-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Eh. I've found the car pretty reliable, honestly. It helps keeping it on 4 wheels instead of on the roof or parked in the boards. Fortunatelly the last 2 years the shops around me have carried parts for it. Being on the East Coast (US) I can order whatever I need from Nitrohouse and get it in 3 days. So push comes to shove, I break on Saturday, order on Monday, parts delivered to the job on Thursday. No real problems there.

Keep stirring the pot. I'll keep racing in the meantime
Old 06-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Default CD3

Once I settled in on a chassis setup that worked for my driving style the car has been great.
Durability is good. I use the alloy rear A-arm holders and wide protection front bumper. Mechanically the car has been very reliable. The shaft drive and gear diffs have performed well.
I could have benefitted from starting off with the suspension setup that I am using now, it would have saved me time.

Last weekend at the RC Pro Series race at IRP I discovered a leak in my fuel tank. That has been the biggest setback because it has probably been affecting my engine tuning for quite a while.

I have two chassis setups, one for smaller, lower traction tracks and another for high traction tracks. On the second setup I am trying to reduce the understeer.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy shocker

Hey andy i can't believe what you sold it for on ebay.
Just the quick drive i had proved to me that cd3 in pullstart class easily as fast as my old bmi tc3 on concrete ..... some one got a bargain...please note i was prepared to help with setup if you asked....nevermind i'm happy to run over the hyper with my slow unstable losi truck...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.