gt 7 or quantum competiton 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gt 7 or quantum competiton 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

ANyone need a Keyence Zero Extreme 2002?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
ANyone need a Keyence Zero Extreme 2002?
new, used, what condition, cheap, what up, WHY
Old 05-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

i made up my mind and got the Keyence ZVExtr.; in the very near future i'm gonna pick up the QC2 so then i can compare all the three brands that i have. should prove interesting.

YOKOMO-- simply put-- THEE BEST!!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

I have a Novak TC Cycone version #1, and when my basement got flooded, the speedo was on the floor, and was found floating near my furnace, i let it dry, and to this day, i run it, works without any problems....B
-Buddy B
Old 05-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had two first generation GT7's blow up on me before I switched to a Keyence Zero V Extreme. I ran a GT7 at the Novak race in Milwaukee this year and it's been bulletproof since Charlie (Suangka, of Novak) yanked the internal Schotky out of it for me. I love the ease of programming of my Keyence (I despise counting blinking LED's) but I prefer the "feel" of the GT7. If the GT7 worked with a PitWizard / Milenium Pro charger for programming, I'd run nothing by orange ESC's in my cars.

Charlie, are you listening?

Rob
Old 05-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by losirob
I had two first generation GT7's blow up on me before I switched to a Keyence Zero V Extreme. I ran a GT7 at the Novak race in Milwaukee this year and it's been bulletproof since Charlie (Suangka, of Novak) yanked the internal Schotky out of it for me. I love the ease of programming of my Keyence (I despise counting blinking LED's) but I prefer the "feel" of the GT7. If the GT7 worked with a PitWizard / Milenium Pro charger for programming, I'd run nothing by orange ESC's in my cars.

Charlie, are you listening?

Rob
losirob, what makes the GT-7 'smoother' than the seemingly bulletproof Keyence Zero V Extr., in your humble opinion.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Don't get me wrong, I love my Keyence (and the LED display is sure to draw a comment every race night.)

And, you're right about the durability of the Keyence. It just keeps on taking whatever I can throw at it.

As for the 'feel' thing, it's hard to say. I prefer the way MY car drives with the GT7. Your car may feel better with the Keyence.

(How's that for dancing around the issue?)

Rob
Old 05-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

if anyone still cares, i have run both the novak and lrp products i prefer the quantum i have had both models, the first compition and the second, people were saying that " the tend to blow up" i ran the origanal quantum for more than 2 years and never had a problem, the novak product is also good, but the lrp has more bottom end, but a couple capacitors would fix that. i would recomend the lrp for size, performance, and not needing the capacitor. the lifetime warrenty is a bonus not a real need, ive never blowen any up! also, im one of the worst spellers so dont bug me about it!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

As for me I still stay with the GT7 for the reason the it doesn't give me any headache for 8 months of although I bought it 2nd hand but only used by the 1 owner for 3 runs in 2 months. He sold all his rc stuff to me for a reasonable price coz he is changing hobby... He also has a LRP its a month old but it looks too old to me coz 50% of its appearance is not looking good I mean its body paint is detaching flakes by flakes as well as the one on the heat sink...
Old 05-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by losirob
Don't get me wrong, I love my Keyence (and the LED display is sure to draw a comment every race night.)

And, you're right about the durability of the Keyence. It just keeps on taking whatever I can throw at it.

As for the 'feel' thing, it's hard to say. I prefer the way MY car drives with the GT7. Your car may feel better with the Keyence.

(How's that for dancing around the issue?)

Rob

that's a pretty nice dance bro; what color are those dancing shoes, not blue suede are they?
after my wife is settled down , I'm gonna get the GT-7 and the LRP QC2; that way I can FEEL the difference for myself

YOKOMO-- let's take it to another notch!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Does anybody know what you would do with a Keyence if you needed service on it? Where would you send it? Has anybody had any trouble with them?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've not had problems with mine, but Schumacher is the American distributor for them and handles returns. According to my LHS, Schumacher has been incredbly helpful with any issues.

Rob
Old 05-27-2004, 08:19 PM
tornado

Has anyone used GM speedos ? V12/V12XC/SX9/SX12 ? thinking of getting a used V12.

Old 05-28-2004, 01:50 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

I´ve had used a GM V12xc for two years without a single problem. Is one of he most reliable ESC I ever used. I even used it in a wet round and after a good cleaning it was perfet again.
I missed it so much because the guy who bought me is very happy with it and my QC2 is in that life time warranty for 3 months. What a dum I was
Old 05-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Angry

Originally posted by MSB my QC2 is in that life time warranty for 3 months. What a dum I was [/B]
Let me guess, you used it in the wet?

I just bought one but first I am going to see whether it _really_ is waterproof....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.