Venom Gambler Thread >

Venom Gambler Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Venom Gambler Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Venom Gambler Thread

I just took a "Gamble" and pre ordered the new truck from Venom Rc the Gambler. Has anyone ever seen video or review of this truck? I like the fact that it can be switched from mid to rear motor. I know that Venoms track record aint what it should be, but who know? Any thoughts?

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=8500
Old 04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Venom seems to be building an alright name for themselves in the budget RC category. People tend to talk bad about budget line vehicles, but really in many cases they are all someone wants or needs. Should be interesting to see how these perform. I think the standard rear mount motor will prove superior, Losi went with mid in the Strike and look what happened there.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-milz
I just took a "Gamble" and pre ordered the new truck from Venom Rc the Gambler. Has anyone ever seen video or review of this truck? I like the fact that it can be switched from mid to rear motor. I know that Venoms track record aint what it should be, but who know? Any thoughts?

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=8500
you pre-ordered something that has not been tested?has no release date? no clue of what type of support it will have? ....yeap sounds like something I would do too----work hard to make my money and then send it to a company that everybody talks trash about....????You know that some hobby stores cant even give their batteries away? always use caution, I hope it works out for you. As far as the mid motor set up, that may be the only thing that would make me buy it. I have a strike and once set up right it tracks like a touring car ...(I'm sure others may not agree but it works for me)
Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

... or you could be like Peter and dislike products you know nothing about based on an opinion you couldn't form for yourself.

The Sheeple of the Industry... "it only works if a pro uses it"
anmars73 likes this.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I don't have anything against Venom, but I would have waited for a review or two. At least a release date.

I can't believe they don't have a video of it yet.

The mid motor thing should be good. I don't like the color, but assume there will be choices for that too. It sure would be funny if this thing somehow ends up dominating the RTR class...

ben
Old 04-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Substance
... or you could be like Peter and dislike products you know nothing about based on an opinion you couldn't form for yourself.

The Sheeple of the Industry... "it only works if a pro uses it"
were do I say that I dislike the product ? I was stating a only fact that I know: that people 9 out of ten times prefer other manufacturers batt's...... Yea I do see them sitting on the shelves while the others get sold and YES have spoken to people who have used them. I DID say that I would buy it , did I not? You sound like you need to be hugged... so go find a monkey to hug you. I did try myself to find out about the release date of this truck BUT no info was available.......so I gave up and moved on . And you should too.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I think what would make or break this item is a strong after market parts line, it's durability. That Is what makes the slash so good. Losi screwed up because, like Associated they should have based the Strike on a proven line the xxx. Who knew the blitz would be this great? HPI is not exactly on the forefront of racing innovation. I'm gonna take the "Gamble". If not there is always Eb@y....
Old 04-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J-milz
I think what would make or break this item is a strong after market parts line, it's durability. That Is what makes the slash so good. Losi screwed up because, like Associated they should have based the Strike on a proven line the xxx. Who knew the blitz would be this great? HPI is not exactly on the forefront of racing innovation. I'm gonna take the "Gamble". If not there is always Eb@y....
When I first saw the add, I fell in love with it. I was ready to order as well but what ticked me off was the lack of info and their not responding to any e-mails I send them regarding this truck.....who knows it might be great but you are right about the parts availability and strength .....parts support always help the line. Good luck again.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armourbl
I don't have anything against Venom, but I would have waited for a review or two. At least a release date.

I can't believe they don't have a video of it yet.

The mid motor thing should be good. I don't like the color, but assume there will be choices for that too. It sure would be funny if this thing somehow ends up dominating the RTR class...

ben

I hope it does. Mines on order aswell
Old 04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The name says it all, its a "gamble"
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have run venom batteries for YEARS, never had an issue, we ran the receiver packs, and the stick packs for starter boxes. I am now running a lipo pack in my short course truck and had good luck with it as well. I am thinking about getting a pair of these for my daughters, the 2.4 radio and the cost under $200 is a big selling point. I see on Tower there are at least 2 color variations. venom is usually good about standing behind their products, there was a point in time a few years back where they got a bad name, but they have been building their reputation up very well as of late.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

i always say can you get parts easy or do you have to wait a week or two or three, thats a big one for me when im buying a new truck.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:53 PM
MDB
Suspended

I'm waiting to order it till someone reviews it. I won't take the gamble of putting money down on something that won't pay out.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I talked to a gentleman at venom yesterday, (I called in right before closing the evening before, and they called before or shortly after opening) and we discussed the Gambler. From what he was telling me it will have 12mm rear drive hubs, and is supposed to be very durable. They had not even received any for testing at that time. I (of course), volunteered for test duty when they got them in stock (LOL). He was telling me that as soon as they got some in they would have more answers, and try to get some test videos up. He did say there was supposed to be good parts support available.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I really like the looks of this truck. But I just cant help thinking it may end being less than we hope. Parts quality and parts support will be CRUCIAL! At least they already have a pipeline to the LHS's. Now wether or not they decide to put them on their shelves...........

I do hope it lives up to what it LOOKS like it could be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.