Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sidewinder new fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sidewinder new fuel

I seen my local hobby store has new purple color sidewinder team strike fuel. Does anyone know anything about it like oil %. Has anyone used it yet
Old 04-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
I seen my local hobby store has new purple color sidewinder team strike fuel. Does anyone know anything about it like oil %. Has anyone used it yet
Not sure about the oil content but it does smoke very heavy like the other sidewinder blends. Not knocking the fuel because I like Morgan fuel products but I tried the prototype blend and was not happy with it. I did not see any increase in fuel mileage and I felt the fuel was not as crisp on the bottom as my previous fuel. Just my experience with it.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I've had a friend that ran the new "purple" formula.

It tunes nicely and runs well.

Supposedly the oil content is 8%; we're not hard-set on that figure; but it seems to be 8-9% (low).

I don't see that it's any "better" than the Byron Gen-2 Pro-driver formula @ 9%.

Personally I think the Byron's has a better 'sweet spot' tune wise; where the Sidewinder just kind of stays 'flat' once your pretty close on your tune...BUT if you take the time to get it right, you're rewarded with extra mileage; but minimal---if any, performance increase.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Honestly

I think it's got too low oil content. A few of the local guys started running it and have run through engines more often, not that it's all the fuels fault. hehe...Try the gen2 25%. It has 11% oil that just about perfect....
Old 04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

The Sidewinder purple color fuel (in my experience when tuned properly) increases power, runtime, and lower running temps. On an OS Speed engine tuned 'right' with the pink Worlds blend 30% fuel going to the purple 30% fuel leaning the top 1/8 turn and bottom 1/4 - 1/2 of a turn was good for the engine to be tuned well.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

plus 1 to everything Jesse said..

it makes more power, and run time than any other fuel ive tried especially OD
Old 04-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

I have a few friends that run the prototype blend and they really like.They been trying to get me to run it bt I'm running eb fuels now and it's great.I
ve just always loved the byrons
Old 04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, I currently run sidewinder 30% pro. I have a full gal left but I did buy a gal of the new fuel.

I understand everyone has a opinion on fuel. But when someone asks about certain fuel please don't tell them use this other fuel. I really don't care for byrons fuel and it's light color. It's even made in my state.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default wellll

You asked about oil content. I'm not sponsored by a fuel company so I will tell you what I think. If you want to know your oil content you might run fuel that tells you on the label......
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's not marked on the label that why I asked here. If someone who runs it and that is a member here would tell me. Like one of the testers of the new fuel who like it give alittle more info out if for us
Old 04-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Just ran about 9 tanks of this stuff. I LIKED it. I got about 30-45 seconds more run time. Temps were the same as Byrons.I did not notice any kind of lag is throttle. Will stick with Bryons cause its like 10 bucks cheaper than the Sidewinder
Old 04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Thanks, I currently run sidewinder 30% pro. I have a full gal left but I did buy a gal of the new fuel.

I understand everyone has a opinion on fuel. But when someone asks about certain fuel please don't tell them use this other fuel. I really don't care for byrons fuel and it's light color. It's even made in my state.
Is that the only reason why you dislike Byrons?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i had 1 jx ninja with 14 gallons of team stryke purple. oil content is perfect just the right amount of lubrication to allow the engine to create maximum power maximum runtime and LOWER temps. this blend was tested by myself and degani for months and months before any of our team guys were even made aware of the blend.

Morgan fuels has been making fuel for the rc industry for over 35 yrs multiple WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and way to many NATIONAL TITLES to even count. we know what were doing, if not we wouldnt still be in business.

TEAM STRYKE fuel has won almost every major nitro race this year and more than its share late last year.

yes i said almost.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmperformance1
i had 1 jx ninja with 14 gallons of team stryke purple. oil content is perfect just the right amount of lubrication to allow the engine to create maximum power maximum runtime and LOWER temps. this blend was tested by myself and degani for months and months before any of our team guys were even made aware of the blend.

Morgan fuels has been making fuel for the rc industry for over 35 yrs multiple WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and way to many NATIONAL TITLES to even count. we know what were doing, if not we wouldnt still be in business.

TEAM STRYKE fuel has won almost every major nitro race this year and more than its share late last year.

yes i said almost.
matt i have had great luck with the team stryke ...a bit better than the 30 worlds ...any comment ont he actual oil content ..i have been hereing 8-9% ...it runs great just looking for clarification ..you going to the rebel classic at whitehouse ????
Old 04-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

He could tell you Zixxer, but he would have to kill you. I've heard rumors, and the 8-9% isn't far off.
I have switched over to the EB Mods fuel since I got some sponsorship with them, but I ran a couple of gallons of the purple stuff at the end of last year with good results. That was well before it had a real name. I also had to lean the needles some going from the 30% worlds blend. I will say the temp was lower with it, and still had a nice crisp throttle and top end.

Stephen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.