Originally Posted by Goingfast
where's Mark Dawson?
Lost inside his massive pit box!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Jaybee,

I got to run the Griffin 1/12th this past season at my local track and the car was very easy to setup and drive.
The first day I got it within a few runs the car was Dialed!!!

Cant wait to run this car next season!!!

Hope this helps
Mike
Right On!!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Lost inside his massive pit box!

Oh Gosh..not again....lol
Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Oh Gosh..not again....lol
That is where I hide the Evos. They travel first class.

Greg - thanks for sharing my transport secrets. Cya in the AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MDawson
That is where I hide the Evos. They travel first class.

Greg - thanks for sharing my transport secrets. Cya in the AM.
Right on
Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Bump....
Old 06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tried the Photon donor for the first time and tq'ed with it..its excellent. To be honest I would have stopped there as I thought it was all I need but this package arrived from the States and I just had to build it up. This is an amazingly clever design..really impressed with Josh's work. I'm sure it will go well

Last edited by hana166; 10-11-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

Whoops just realised its a bit heavier than the xray
Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Better. 1351g balanced no weights..except for the two in the middle used to locate lipo

Last edited by hana166; 10-11-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
Better. 1351g balanced no weights..except for the two in the middle used to locate lipo
Very nice looking ride brah
Old 06-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default going to nor cal hobbies for firs time

bigbank66 - I'll get a set-up posted asap. Working on new set-up sheets as I am not going to post anything using a Photon sheet.

Going to nor cal hobbies for first time and would love to have a clue on set up! Ran evo first time sat, same set up from photon car was awsome won first heat 2nd was 1/2 track back. day turned to night track cooled and my speed and set up went bye bye! my local club races in a rough med. bite parking lot preped with soda any set up tips would be great.

next time you race at nor cal ill go as the anti hater & give them a nice mid day nap caus thats what stupid haters deserve i hate haters hate them!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hi here are some observations, I could be completely wrong about all this I'm not an expert please chip in if you feel different.

I run on carpet, rubber, with a T3 and CEFX. I used the photon donor last week, and have been using an Mi4LP for the last 7 months, which I recently sold as when I tried the T3. Didn't realise the car can make so much difference so I'm in the process of trying out different rides.

I use xray springs on all cars, I like them most on carpet so far.

The Schumacher and Photon have similar amounts of flex and both produce a lot of grip, but it seems they can be slower mid corner because of this. Both seem really quick outside on asphalt.

The T3 is stiffer, seems to have less grip. Floats on the surface so to speak. but doesn't seem to load up as much on initial entry and appears to lose less speed in the corner.

I've noticed that on carpet, later at race meetings that my times were slower with the Mi4 (and the Photon) than at the beginning even though the cars felt really good.

It was just the opposite with the T3. I reckon it happens when the grip comes up - the stiffer car comes into its own. Its quite odd really..the car did not feel good (felt a lack of grip) but the lap times said otherwise, the car was actually really quick.

CEFX feels quite stiff, like the T3, and first impressions were that the rear was not as planted as the Photon but more than the T3. Felt amazing on power but i haven't found the best off power characteristic. Will take a little while to understand this car, its so different.

I'm getting the feeling that a stiffer car is actually faster but less forgiving both in set up and to the driver. If you set it for good turn in the rear snaps and if you set it up safe there is a lack of initial steering.

The flexible cars felt better all round but I question if they are actually faster.

So maybe the window for ideal set up is smaller for a stiffer car but great if you get it perfect. But if conditions change, there it goes..
Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hana166
Hi here are some observations, I could be completely wrong about all this I'm not an expert please chip in if you feel different.

I run on carpet, rubber, with a T3 and CEFX. I used the photon donor last week, and have been using an Mi4LP for the last 7 months, which I recently sold as when I tried the T3. Didn't realise the car can make so much difference so I'm in the process of trying out different rides.

I use xray springs on all cars, I like them most on carpet so far.

The Schumacher and Photon have similar amounts of flex and both produce a lot of grip, but it seems they can be slower mid corner because of this. Both seem really quick outside on asphalt.

The T3 is stiffer, seems to have less grip. Floats on the surface so to speak. but doesn't seem to load up as much on initial entry and appears to lose less speed in the corner.

I've noticed that on carpet, later at race meetings that my times were slower with the Mi4 (and the Photon) than at the beginning even though the cars felt really good.

It was just the opposite with the T3. I reckon it happens when the grip comes up - the stiffer car comes into its own. Its quite odd really..the car did not feel good (felt a lack of grip) but the lap times said otherwise, the car was actually really quick.

CEFX feels quite stiff, like the T3, and first impressions were that the rear was not as planted as the Photon but more than the T3. Felt amazing on power but i haven't found the best off power characteristic. Will take a little while to understand this car, its so different.

I'm getting the feeling that a stiffer car is actually faster but less forgiving both in set up and to the driver. If you set it for good turn in the rear snaps and if you set it up safe there is a lack of initial steering.

The flexible cars felt better all round but I question if they are actually faster.

So maybe the window for ideal set up is smaller for a stiffer car but great if you get it perfect. But if conditions change, there it goes..
Great feedback...
I alway thought that the CEFX would be great on crapet..
I've decided to run my CEFX outdoor yesterday and so far so good....I'm trying to match the setting perfect like my Photon....The Cefx is very quick and you are right .the rear end rotated round very fast...almost like racing on carpet...
I will let you know more later...
Old 06-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

I know I've disapeared a bit here lately but it's been because I've had my head down working on stuff for the WC. I have another long day ahead finishing things but I just wanted to let you know I am around and checking in on things for a few seconds here and there. I'll try to post again before I fly out to Germany tommorow......

Later,

Josh
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck, Josh !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.