Search
Like Tree220Likes

Tamiya FF03

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Damn!!!

Bugger it!! now i have buy another Tamiya car but you know what?...........................I DONT CARE!!!

I too have been awe struck by tamiya cars since the early 80's when i bought my first car - the Wild One.

But i loved the FF01 that i had and i cant wait to get an FF03. Central battery placement, motor in front and low in the chassis, IFS setup but the most impressive thing about this car, and a big reason why i race all tamiya, is they used the same suspension parts as the 416. Tamiya are so on to it when it comes to compatibility.

I changed all my cars to 416 arms and hub carriers. Even the old TA05MS

Go Tamiya - i hope they re-release the Volvo 850
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by junn
Bugger it!! now i have buy another Tamiya car but you know what?...........................I DONT CARE!!!

I too have been awe struck by tamiya cars since the early 80's when i bought my first car - the Wild One.

But i loved the FF01 that i had and i cant wait to get an FF03. Central battery placement, motor in front and low in the chassis, IFS setup but the most impressive thing about this car, and a big reason why i race all tamiya, is they used the same suspension parts as the 416. Tamiya are so on to it when it comes to compatibility.

I changed all my cars to 416 arms and hub carriers. Even the old TA05MS

Go Tamiya - i hope they re-release the Volvo 850
yup, that's why my cars are all tamiya. Same spare parts for my entire fleet. How sweet it that. But yeah, I am caught in that Tamiya magic.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Barry White
Tamiya Shizuoka News – Castrol Honda Civic

The fifth generation Honda Civic (EG) was first released in 1991. It featured larger dimensions and a more aerodynamic body than its predessors.

About the Model
This is a 1:10 R/C assembly kit model of Team Castrol’s Honda Civic VTi which competed in the British National Saloon Car Cup in 1993.
Polycarbonate body captures the sporty form of the Civic.
The newly designed FF-03 chassis features horizontally-placed front-motor and front wheel drive 2WD setup.
Front-motor layout provides unique cornering characteristics specific to front wheel drive chassis.
Short reversible suspension arms with inboard front suspension setup.
Equipped with 1050 ball bearing specification uprights, front ball differential, and CVA shock units.
Medium narrow 5-Spoke white wheels included.
A wide variety of Option Parts is available for you to further customise your machine:
54230 FF-03 Stabilizer Set (Front & Rear)
54233 FF-03 Aluminium Diff Joint Set
54234 FF-03 Aluminium Spur Gear Mount
58467 1:10 R/C Castrol Honda CIVIC VTi (FF-03 Chassis)

Availability: June

this is going to piss off the guys trying to sell their Tamiya Honda Civic VTi bodyshells on ebay at jacked up prices... hehehehehehe
Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Good to see it's the Castrol version they are selling with the kit this time around.
Last time it was that horrid dayglow pink Japanese markings thing, and the castrol was only available as an expensive option shell.

Would love to have the Opel (Chevy/Vauxhall/Holden) Vectra shell again, as I found that to suit the chassis the best, and was the only LWB version that could beat the many SWB Renault Clio's used in the Tamiya Cup.

Actually the Vauxhall version of the Vectra was called the Cavalier
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
Good to see it's the Castrol version they are selling with the kit this time around.
Last time it was that horrid dayglow pink Japanese markings thing, and the castrol was only available as an expensive option shell.

Would love to have the Opel (Chevy/Vauxhall/Holden) Vectra shell again, as I found that to suit the chassis the best, and was the only LWB version that could beat the many SWB Renault Clio's used in the Tamiya Cup.

Actually the Vauxhall version of the Vectra was called the Cavalier
beg to differ the Volvo 850 rocked the Vectra's locally
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedemall
x2!!! I have every release that came on the FF01 chassis and it would be great to be able to run those bodies again without fear of damaging them. I don't run any of them for fear of breaking the chassis parts either. One thing I do not miss was that JAACS decal set. Hands down has to be thee most difficult decal set ever by Tamiya. Took me a week to finish my Accord and even longer to finish my civic.

These come in a close second,wasn't fun but they came out badass.

That Toyota Exiv I like alot. Very nice. I think it was one of the most realistic of the mid 90's bodies Tamiya made.
For one year I've been thinking of buying a NIB FF-01 from ebay but they have always been so expensive. A month ago we said now the time feels right for a FF03 from Tamiya, and now it is here. And the FF03 seems more impressive than I would have expected.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razzor
beg to differ the Volvo 850 rocked the Vectra's locally
Is that indoor or outdoor?
I only raced it outdoor, and the 850 (like the Exiv) didn't like the fast bits
Old 04-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by moonman
That Toyota Exiv I like alot. Very nice. I think it was one of the most realistic of the mid 90's bodies Tamiya made.
For one year I've been thinking of buying a NIB FF-01 from ebay but they have always been so expensive. A month ago we said now the time feels right for a FF03 from Tamiya, and now it is here. And the FF03 seems more impressive than I would have expected.
They where nice but not a favourite as many guys found the wheels to rub the front arches so you had to run the body a bit higher.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

May i ask what is the MOST ideal body to be use in coming new ff03? In term of look and aero handling...
Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by colt1402
May i ask what is the MOST ideal body to be use in coming new ff03? In term of look and aero handling...
HK racers have been running the FF01/02 cars alot recently, the body of choice was the Honda Integra previously....but now East Coast Bodies Tuned has just release the Honda Civic Type R body, which is very nice...
Old 04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alana07
HK racers have been running the FF01/02 cars alot recently, the body of choice was the Honda Integra previously....but now East Coast Bodies Tuned has just release the Honda Civic Type R body, which is very nice...
Tell me where to get the East Coast Bodies Tuned CTR boDy?! Can't seem too find any pictures online...
Old 04-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by colt1402
Tell me where to get the East Coast Bodies Tuned CTR boDy?! Can't seem too find any pictures online...
maybe u can try East Coast's web site?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

I have a Dodge 3 body already painted, but in need of a car to run it on.
Then their are the PF Mazda's, same with the East Coast ones.

Has to be a FWD shell for a FWD chassis. Correct?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Nimo we only race outdoor here in SA.
All this talk has motivated me to get all my FF01 chassis rebuilt. will hopefully finish them all tomorrow but will need to shop for some bodies .
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Want to know which FWD I found the best, and lapped 2nd and 3rd twice on a twisty technical track at a National meeting?
(West London WLRC track to be precise)

Tamiya TA03F (FRP version) in front wheel drive mode only.
The roll bars made a huge difference on that car even though it was much heavier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.