Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can som1 help me with rb ws7 lll

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default can som1 help me with rb ws7 lll

hi i brought a rb ws7 lll second hand not uesd alot but having trouble setting it up . ive ajusted mixture out 7 turns witch 2 me seems alot . the car runs well at this but theres still no trail of smoke only at low speed
Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gazzahyper
hi i brought a rb ws7 lll second hand not uesd alot but having trouble setting it up . ive ajusted mixture out 7 turns witch 2 me seems alot . the car runs well at this but theres still no trail of smoke only at low speed
I am not sure what you mean by 7 turns but if you are referring to the high speed needle 7 turns out from closed would be almost pulling the HSN it's self out of the carb. The HSN should be 3.5 full turns out from closed. The LSN should be close to flush. You can set that back to factory setting by opening the carb up to full throttle and tighten the LSN all the way, they back it out 5 full turns. This will be rich so once tuned you should be back to almost flush on the LSN.

If those settings are too lean then there is an air leak or something.

What pipe setup are you using on the engine?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

im using jammin p1
Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You may also want to back-flush your fuel filter. Check for bubbles in the fuel line. Check for good fuel flow by disconnecting both lines from the engine and pipe, blow into the pressure line and observe the fuel flowing out of the other tube. It's also possable there is some crud inside the carb partially blocking fuel flow.

Is the fuel inlet on the carb loose or leaking?

If everything checks out, then I would suspect a leak on the block, carb backplate, bearing...
Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks il check all that un see how it goes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best engine I've seen...

You got a super fast engine. The high speed needle should just pop out the top of the brass sleeve. It's a high speed engine and likes to run a little rich on the top. If it's running aroud 220-245 it should be fine.