Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hiro san has never led me astray. Everything he has told me to do has made my car faster and me a better driver. In short, I trust his opinion. You would be smart to do the same.

Art
Old 08-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Will amainhobbies carry parts for the tcx x
Old 08-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Fred Hubbard;11107973]I'm not sure what you are interpeting to be a design flaw??? I can tell you that I had the chance to take this car for a few laps on the rug in the beginning of the year and on asphalt a couple of months ago and I assure you it's not flawed in any way QUOTE]

maybe design flaw was a bad choice of words for me to use since Ive been happy with the car. how about durability.

Im just saying with steel front driveshafts it would save me money in the long run. With aluminum shafts and a spool I was always worrying how many more runs can I take the car out before the axles grind down in the axle cup and break.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bukil
x1000. I was given a chance to drive it as well.

They left the front aluminum drive shaft for performance purposes. You ask how I know this? I race with Hiro-san almost every two weeks.

I honestly think if they were given the option to what to include in the kit, they would most likely choose the DCJs over the aluminum ones. Unfortunately, they want to keep the kit cost down.
It may keep the cost of the kit down, but sorry front aluminum drive shafts are not ideal for the majority of racers, put steel in for durability, the aluminum ones wear out far too quick for the average racer.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bukil
x1000. I was given a chance to drive it as well.

They left the front aluminum drive shaft for performance purposes. You ask how I know this? I race with Hiro-san almost every two weeks.

I honestly think if they were given the option to what to include in the kit, they would most likely choose the DCJs over the aluminum ones. Unfortunately, they want to keep the kit cost down.
I can see the where the performance gain would come from if you wanted to save 4 grams in the front end of the car using alumunim .

DCJ would be great option since I always use them, but I have issues with them also.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goots
I can see the where the performance gain would come from if you wanted to save 4 grams in the front end of the car using alumunim .

DCJ would be great option since I always use them, but I have issues with them also.
I am using Spec R DCJ's so far so good
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
I am using Spec R DCJ's so far so good
+1

Spec-R DCJ's have excellent performance and very durable
Old 08-19-2012, 03:19 AM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 yeah why bother bringing out the car with steel front driveshafts when most people will just change out to dcj's anyway. Also split blocks make changing the rear belt much faster too
Old 08-19-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ark
Also split blocks make changing the rear belt much faster too
never thought about that. I always hated changing worn out belts split blocks in the front will just make changing the front belt easier also lol
Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
It may keep the cost of the kit down, but sorry front aluminum drive shafts are not ideal for the majority of racers, put steel in for durability, the aluminum ones wear out far too quick for the average racer.
I still have my ali driveshafts in a bag with the axles from when I first built the kit, as I used the 46mm steel shafts joined to the Spec R axles, reason being, is the hole for the pin is smaller in the Spec R axle, so NO slop at all, and have had this set up in my car from new, and only now do I have a tad amount of wear, but that is tge pin in the steel driveshaft wearing a slight groove in the outdrives, this is how I will build my TCXX when it arrives :-)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Brand new spec r gear diff for tcx for sale ...pm me
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Just bought a used TCX, its in great condition, and other then not getting servo mounting hardware am pleased.

Questions abound though so hopefully people here can help.

1. Are there front and rear gear diffs for this?
2. The hex hubs have no screws to hold them in tight, is this normal?
3. He sent a ton of parts, well for me that is, Im new to racing. Is there a list of things that break all the time on these?
4. I race on a tight carpet track, kinda small, what kinda setup sheets are available?

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For sale Never been used.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ed-roller.html
Old 08-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

see my responses, below

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Just bought a used TCX, its in great condition, and other then not getting servo mounting hardware am pleased.

1. Are there front and rear gear diffs for this? Spec-R makes one, they are universal front/rear. HPI has their own coming out shortly
2. The hex hubs have no screws to hold them in tight, is this normal?no, there should be a screw on the outter portion of the wheel hex, that squeezes the hex onto the axle
3. He sent a ton of parts, well for me that is, Im new to racing. Is there a list of things that break all the time on these? if you have the aluminum front drive shafts, they are known to break...as well as knuckles and hubs (wear and tear/crashing) and might wanna invest in some extra arms - but everything else is solid...maybe a spare spur gear or 2
4. I race on a tight carpet track, kinda small, what kinda setup sheets are available? there are a bunch, you can check here and browse for TCX -- http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/hotb...tBodiesTCX.htm --

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974

1. Are there front and rear gear diffs for this?
2. The hex hubs have no screws to hold them in tight, is this normal?
3. He sent a ton of parts, well for me that is, Im new to racing. Is there a list of things that break all the time on these?
4. I race on a tight carpet track, kinda small, what kinda setup sheets are available?

Thanks for any help!
Get yourself the spec r spool/spool outdrives and tamiya Trf 46mm drive shafts. That will solve any front drive problems.
If you hit alot of things like I do then you might want to run it with pro4 front arms, these do not have such a high graphite content and are less brittle.
Car will be pretty well bullet proof after these few mods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.