Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the best entry level 1/8th nitro buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the guy won't be racing the car in organized racing. from what i read, he is going to be ramming around a track with buddies and bashing. an OFNA car in my opinion is the way to go. they can be had for pretty cheap new and the money he saves he can get replacement parts with. the lx one, ravager, picco and even the hyper 7 black all can be had for around $300. then he caN get some replacement parts and glow plugs. The only drawback with these, other than the hyper is that they are not the best suited for racing. if he gets into it and decides that he wants to race, one of the other makes may be better suited for him. if it is a basher and a fun run car, the OFNA if perfect for that.

Ben
Old 04-02-2010, 08:40 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Definitely an ofna rtr. I don't think anyone is reading the thread. The losi rtr is very expensive to some people. I think he did say he wasn't doing any serious racing. $400.00 is his range!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

For an entry level car you can't beat the losi 2.0 rtr it comes with everything that you need minus fuel and it is very competitive at the track. I have seen 2.0t's tq and win races at my local track. The vest part is it includes everything you need. There's no guessing do I have everything and nickel dime bs.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sounds like the ofna is the way to go.

We started building our track this weekend. 90X90. We finished our 20 foot table top, and a huge rythem section. Hopefully the ofna will be able to make the jumps because you have to hit them pretty good with my rc8 and my buddies losi 8 2.0.

I'll probably start a track build thread with some pictures whenever I get some.
Track building is alot harder work then I thought. Jumps don't come easy and are pretty hard to get packed right. We might have to go rent one of those vibrating tampers once everything is done.

So far the first 2 sections are awsome, but the size of the jumps might turn some people off.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Bodies-D8-Bu...item19bb10f59a
Old 04-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
ofna picco will be perfect for that kind of use.
+2
Best Bang for the buck at that price!

I don't recall the D8 being rtr so why do people reccomend it RTR he is looking for Luv how everyone just throws something out there