Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friday Night SC Racing at HCR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alright Guys and Girls Friday is coming! this week we will have a faster program to ensure that you guys get home at a decent hour! I will be running the show all night and enforcing some new rules to help the program run smoother and easier for us all. We will still be enforcing the 1 minute rule between rounds as this seems to work out well. This week when race 1 is called race 2 will be called to stage at the bottom of the drivers stand as well. There will be no more working on cars while marshalling as well as having a few of the 14 and under parents marshall for their turn at marshalling. This is due to some of the other drivers complaining that they are not getting a fair marshal from the kids. In all fairness they are young and they are learning. I think with their parent along side to show or guide them this could help out. If you guys have any other suggestions please feel free to ask. Thank you for your continued support of HCR.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tech5
Alright Guys and Girls Friday is coming! this week we will have a faster program to ensure that you guys get home at a decent hour! I will be running the show all night and enforcing some new rules to help the program run smoother and easier for us all. We will still be enforcing the 1 minute rule between rounds as this seems to work out well. This week when race 1 is called race 2 will be called to stage at the bottom of the drivers stand as well. There will be no more working on cars while marshalling as well as having a few of the 14 and under parents marshall for their turn at marshalling. This is due to some of the other drivers complaining that they are not getting a fair marshal from the kids. In all fairness they are young and they are learning. I think with their parent along side to show or guide them this could help out. If you guys have any other suggestions please feel free to ask. Thank you for your continued support of HCR.
Awesome. I ended up leaving early this Friday because of how late the program was running. To speed it up would be great. Look forward to see everyone next Friday.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Good to know Kyle. I know it ran pretty late. We didnt stay either. This week and for the remainder of this race season I will be the race director at Hemet. Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Calling up 2 classes would be great, maybe have them stage all in pit lane to help get the program rolling one after another.

Anyway to get the other water hose working?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

I agree on the water hose deal! I will speak to the track owner this week!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nice job Chris on getting the program done early this last friday.. I think we were done shortly after 11:00
Old 09-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

HCR would like to also give a HUGE thanks to Chris for the great program he ran on Friday! Chris did an awesome job of moving the program along. We would also like to thank all the racers for their cooperation with this. Without the racers cooperation, it is really tough to keep things rolling.

As for the water hose deal, the truth is HCR does have 2 functioning hoses, but unfortunately, we believe the problem is under ground. The plumbing is VERY old. As most of you know the track has been here for decades, and so has the pluming. The water supply just is not there, to be able to run both hoses at the same time, with any real advantage. This is something we have talked about, and are still considering options. We know this adds to the length of our program, and will continue to try to remedy this issue. Anyone have a water tank!?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for all of your help guys and gals! I am going to push for an even faster program this week! If we all pitch in and do our part it can happen! Thank you and see you on race night!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default ** Breaking News**

ATTN RACERS! HCR is very sad to say that this weekends race programs are canceled due to a very unfortunate accident, involving our facility tonight. HCR sustained some pretty severe damage to our facility, thanks to a suspected drunk driver. Luckily no one was hurt, but our facility took a pretty good hit. See our website for more details! Please pass the word on to our fellow racers!
Old 09-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Here is some photos of what has happened. This is a real bummer.
Attached Thumbnails Friday Night SC Racing at HCR!-bummer.jpg   Friday Night SC Racing at HCR!-bummer1.jpg   Friday Night SC Racing at HCR!-bummer2.jpg  
Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I wouldn't let a torn down fence and some broken pit tables ruin your program unless it was shut down by a higher authority (ie valley wide or the school)

Just my $.02
Old 09-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, this really stinks. I got the call last night about midnight. Went down to meet Mike, and the cops were still wrestling with the driver in the ambulance. He wasn't very cooperative! Lol.. the cops were having fun handling him though!

Anyways, the hold up is going to be a couple things really. They are going to need to contact insurance company before the clean-up can begin, to see if they are going to come take their own pictures of the damage. Also, we cant really flip the switch on for the electricity, since 2 poles are down, and 1 of the main boxes for the power to the tables was leveled. There are wires exposed, and stuff.

Cleaning the mess up will just be a time killer, which is no big deal, but getting the electricity safe, will require a little bit of some professional help before the switches can be safely flipped. Once those things are done, then racing can resume, and the rest can be done later.

Hopefully they will get some info from the insurance company today, so we can better plan the next move, so to get the the racing going again ASAP.

I know we are looking to get things going again, by next week. That's our hope anyways.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Let me know when the clean up and rebuilding will commence, i will pm you my cell number. I will bring up all the help i can to get this program back up asap.

John
Old 09-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

thats wild. When I heard about this I though, "how could one get that far off of the main street to hit HCR". Now I see the pics and it looks like he was doing doughnuts in the pit area.

Either way, this sucks.

Best of luck with the clean up guys

TB
Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

HCR would like to thank EVERYONE that has contacted us, offering their assistance in getting HCR back up and running. We feel we have the best racing community, and at times like this it proves it. At this time, we are waiting for some information from the insurance companies, before we move forward with the clean-up. Once we have the OK, and a plan, we will let you know if assistance will be needed.

Please see our website for more detailed information.

Thanks again from us here at HCR!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.