Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Helicopter turbine oil!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:54 PM
BG
Tech Addict

Why are they using so little oil? Is there any point?

What would 2% oil lubricate at 45,000rpm. But then again we dont know what oil they are using. It might have a special chemistry that it bonds itself to metal and alluminium better then oils like klotz etc.

Seriously those guys are never going to tell what they use in their fuel. After the World championships in France rumours were flying around that every second driver had illegal additives in their fuel. Drivers and mechanics were saying that its so obvious that there eyes were watering just walking past others cars as they were being revd.

Cheers

Bill Giannitis
Old 04-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2% oil???

If you run 2%oil you will need three things to bring to the track on race day! #1 a small broom #2 a dustpan #3 a trash bag! But even if you got lucky and didn't blow your engine The heat generated by friction do to lack of oil will cause a nice flameout. Not smart!!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

The Fantom crew as for Ralph,Jared and Chris at the worlds did not run 2% the ran 6% castrol and 3% syntheic the total being 9% and Salveen and the serpeat team did the same accpeat they went 7%castrol and 2% syntheic and for Josh I do belive that they meaning sirio did run the same, the thing that is so great is the oil that they used it made very little smoke.....Later
Old 04-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BG
Why are they using so little oil? Is there any point?
Since nitro content is fixed, the only way to boost performance is to alter the lube content lower.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i used odonnel and switched to byron. byron makle mugen fuel which i find to be the best on the market
Old 04-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I preferd at list 12% oil content and from my little expirience in RC cars I found that O'Donnel is the best. I don't ow someone found oil residu after O'Donnel, I found nothing but just clean engine inside after 1.5 gallons.
Altering oil content in fuel to smaller amount is attempt to gain run time and little bit performance. On winternats in Florida I didn't see any fast top notch guys were running 5 minuts straight, everybody came to refuelng, so there was no run time gain ( exsept Michael Salven-he run 6 min 15 second)
Engine needs lubricant-period! It is my opinion ( 10 years preventive maintenance manager )
I stay with O'Donnel!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It seems that everybody has 2 cents to toss into a hat, so here is mine . I have ran just about everything that is on the market. Used up motors in no time and tossed a few away even before being broke in. The BEST fuel I have ever found is SIDEWINDER. I run 30% or 20%nitro and nothing but 10%oil. This gives me enough lube to keep a motor running strong for a long time and all the punch I need. I could talk about other fuels, but that would not be correct. If you havn't tried it, just do yourself a favor and get a quart and try it, you won't be sorry you did. and for the dye that is in it, if the motor parts turn red, you know that its working correctly.

Sidewinder Team Driver
Old 04-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

You should give Fantom's new fuel a chance Ralph Burch Jr and Josh Cyrul are running it now and Ralph and Josh ran it at the Winter Nats that Ralph tq'ed and Ralph made the top 5 at the worlds with it and is the national champ...
i know someone who is a sponsored trinity driver, and he said that they mix the fuel right there at the track. so all the team drivers dont use what we can use. they are just special like that
Old 04-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We are no sponsored by anybody by anyway and I will not promote anything, I run a lot of different fuels here and back in Russia, een one time by soe guy mistake we run whole week on regular drinking alchole. I am standing with O'Donnell. His oil just greate. All my engines were lay down for 5 weeks and open todat to look inside-everything is shiny and clean. I never use after run stuf or clean engines ( now I do it in purpose-to see what can happen with my stuff).
So O'Donnell all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!