Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hpi sport 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hpi sport 2

Hi all. I have an old hpi sport 2 rolling chasis with just a servo. It's completely stock. I want to use it for parking lot bashing and drifting. Is anyone familiar with the sport 2? If you had to build one what components would you use? Just for fun I would like to hear some setups. I think It's a really well-built belt driven car that has a lot of potentia. Your thoughts?

Edit: I can't link to a pic but it has a plastic battery holder that I wonder what kind and size lipo I could squeeze in there without modding the holder or chassis. Any idea what kind of brushless power this can put down?

Last edited by alfredoR23; 03-30-2010 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Just adding
Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been running an HPI Sport 2 and Pro 2 for many years. I still run them in stock classes. They are great cars. I believe you can still find old setup sheets on HPI's website. If not, I have them all printed out. You can usually still find parts on ebay. I've upgraded a few things on the Sport 2. I think the most important upgrade is install ball diffs. As for lipos, the chassis can take saddle or stick packs. I'm running the reedy 4800 saddle pack lipos in my car. It's a tight fit, but it works well. PM me if you have any other questions about the car.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks spidar. Would you mind posting or linking to some pics of your setup? Especially the lipos. I really want to do as much learning as I can on the sport 2 and then when I'm competent in lipo and esc tech and then upgrade to hot bodies cyclone tcx when it comes out :-D

I'm going to start researching gearing ratios too. What's your opinion on what won't make this car explode under power?