Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Touring Car Masters 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default LRP Touring Car Masters 2010

Next weekend is that time of the year again, the time when one of the world's biggest Touring Car races is held: the LRP Touring Car Masters.

The 2010 edition will be the 13th edition of this big race. And more top drivers than ever will attend, here are a few of them:

Ronald Völker, Shin Adachi, Marc Rheinard, Jilles Groskamp, Viktor Wilck, Andy Moore, Atsushi Hara, Elliot Harper, Teemu Leino, Juho Levanen, Christer Andersson, Alexander Hagberg, Martin Hudy and many many more.

Will the 5-time winner and reigning LRP Master Marc Rheinard be able to claim his 3rd consecutive title, or will the brand new European indoor Touring Car champion Ronald Völker claim his first LRP TCM title. We will find out next weekend!

The race will start next friday will news will be live at tcm2010.lrp.cc

When the internet connection at the track allows it, we will also post news here on RC Tech, and you can the latest news on the spot through Twitter at twitter.com/rickthomson

For more info about the race click here.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cool~~

I think it'll be very competitive race. All brand is there with their new design car....HB, Yokomo, Tamiya, Kyosho, Corally, AE, Xray and schumarcher...

Go go Ronald Volker !

Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

this thread was stuck by me. hope you have a great race
Old 03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I know I really enjoy reading about this race every year.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

@Rick: looking forward to see you Friday and I hope you had some german lessons in the meantime too... lol
I'm sure it will be a great event with you as the announcer!

@Drivers: looking forward to welcome all of you in Eppelheim for the LRP TCM 2010 on Friday. Keep in mind practice starts 13 o'clock this year and is controlled for all classes.
Also please don't show up with RC-gear too early in the morning as this stuff is usually in our way during build-up process (banners, etc). Before 10.30am or so no RC-stuff inside the building allowed, but you can obviously enter the hall before...

@Online Spectators: we'll have live coverage with reports and pictures on website Rick mentioned above and full detailed results at www.myrcm.ch too.
To answer the next question upfront... unfortunately no live video or audio as building is fairly old, doesn't even have good telephone line and 3G connection is extremely poor too!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks ,have a nice day
Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@ burito
see you at the weekend
Old 03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Just got back from the track. Unfortunately I was not able to keep you updated on this site about the race. Luckily live updates can be found on the official website TCM 2010 - LRP

So far Ronald Völker was the fastest guy on the track. I'll try to keep you updated trough out the weekend.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ronald's car might be the best on the track I've ever seen.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Unfortunately the internetconnection was bad once again today. So it was difficult to keep you updated with live timing and live updates on the official TCM site. And impossible to keep you informed either here or on twitter. I'm afraid it won't be much better tomorrow, but here is the update after qualifiying.

Modified

In modified Ronald Völker was clearly dominating, by winning all 5 rounds. Behind him it was close between Tamiya's top drivers Marc and Jilles. In the end it was Marc finishing in second and Jilles in third.

Stock

In stock it was one of the most exciting and close qualifications I have ever seen. After the first 3 rounds of qualifiying it seemd to be between Daniel Wohlgemuth and Matthias Lang. But in the 4th round of qualifiying it was Tobias Wiebach who came out of nothing winning round number 4. Than in the fifth round it was Tobias setting a provisional TQ with a new best overal time, with one more heat to go (the heat with Daniel and Matthias) and even after some intense pushing Daniel wasn't fast enough with Matthias retiring after a few minutes.

With equal point between Daniel and Tobias, the best result was the tie-breaker. And it was Tobias being faster than Tobias over a 5 minute run. The gap between Daniel and Tobias? 0,009 seconds.

---

So far the qualifications for the 2010 LRP Touring Car Masters.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Ronald Volker + Yukijiro Umino = Win No. 3 this year (DHI, Indoor Euros, LRP TCM). What a great combo!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

next world champion ???

Ronald Völker ???

i think it is his year , he is on fire so far , we will see what happens when everything moves outdoors
Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

good to see volker in winning form ... again. and umino is half of that winning combo - great mechanic indeed. the support they are giving volker at yokomo is well deserved as he as already proven so early that he can deliver the wins consistently! if things go well, hopefully he can be blessed to take home the worlds as well - he would be very deserving because he is not only a great driver but a great racer as well, very humble and approachable person.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Well done Ronald!!!

Are there any pictures/galleries for the race?? esp Ronalds car.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bryan D
Well done Ronald!!!

Are there any pictures/galleries for the race?? esp Ronalds car.

Thanks
There are some pictures on http://tcm2010.lrp.cc/de/news/ I think that's about it.