Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Jason's Store on Ebay

Originally posted by hierog
wow, i've bought a TON of stuff from this guy and he has been nothing but quick with shipment, and great with prices. I wonder why we have 2 different experience? E-bay is a weird place to deal with sometimes

vic
He wouldn't give me any logical reason as to why I was banned. He is therefore potentially an as***le and is obviously very touchy and unreasonable, with no interest whatever in customer observations or complaints.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: kmodels-kai Evol4

Originally posted by dawgmeat
They must have tested it, but I don't think it will work that well. It simply adds thin carbon arms and extends the bottom deck to cope.

We don't have a flex problem, or at least we don't think we have. Anything beyond countersinking might be a waste of time, and, in this case, a lot of money.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default best way to upgrade?

is there an upgrade kit (evo3->evo4) or am I better off with a new kit? mine is the standard evo3 setup.
thanks,
Ken
Old 11-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: best way to upgrade?

Originally posted by KenSmith
is there an upgrade kit (evo3->evo4) or am I better off with a new kit? mine is the standard evo3 setup.
thanks,
Ken
no upgrade kit. the two are quite different and it's not upgradable.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

can I assume that most of the suspension parts are shared (arms, carriers)? What about the drivetrain...other than the improved oneway are gears/etc same?
Old 11-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KenSmith
can I assume that most of the suspension parts are shared (arms, carriers)? What about the drivetrain...other than the improved oneway are gears/etc same?
Nope. The suspensions are all different, so is the drivetrain. They might share the one way gear actually but nothing else. The only useful thing you can really take from the Evo3 other than the screws, ball ends, trun buckles, are the shocks, suspension blocks and servo mount.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Xenon & Square new parts

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
OPT-0302 Alloy center post. 980 Yen Each
-Dave
Dave, does Xenon have a website? I looked for that part on R10 but they don't have it yet. they also don't have the spur gear holder either, but I do see it on Square's website

thanks

vic
Old 11-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

I just ran my Evo IV today on carpet with foams. 19t class. Didn't do too bad. Just gotta work on a few things. Get the ESC working right. Couldn't get the profile/programming working. I used BSR 28mm foams with the Pro4 spindles and stock (blue) hexes. No rubbing at all. The front width is right at 190mm with C/A blocks up front. I also used 415 suspension blocks instead of the EvoIV blocks. This is because the 415 blocks sit lower. This is what you want for carpet racing. AE Yellow front springs with AE Copper rears. Blah blah blah. I'll try more out next weekend. I was using the 4 degree caster blocks. But I wanna try out TC4 6degree blocks next time out. They will fit perfect except you have to ream/drill out the hinge pin hole slightly. You need it 2.6mm I believe.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post web links

hierog, here you go

Xenon:

http://www.xenon.ne.jp/xenon.html

Square:

http://www.rc-square.com/parts0023.htm

enjoy

Old 11-27-2004, 09:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran my EVO tonight for the first time on asphalt with 28mm foams. After 4 runs the car was really getting fast and I went 2 tenths quicker than I did with my other car on the layout we ran the last few weeks. Car was very fast and smooth. Very happy with the EVO IV. Fastest I have been in a year so I will be working really hard on the car to make it run even better.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Brian, I'll let ya know when we do have our asphalt season planned out. But that won't be til maybe March or April of next year. I should know more by the TCS up at RCO.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Nope. The suspensions are all different, so is the drivetrain. They might share the one way gear actually but nothing else. The only useful thing you can really take from the Evo3 other than the screws, ball ends, trun buckles, are the shocks, suspension blocks and servo mount.
Plus, you can use your diff cups too, so you won't need to be another set of reinforced diff cups for the Evo IV.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Xenon & Square new parts

Originally posted by hierog
Dave, does Xenon have a website? I looked for that part on R10 but they don't have it yet. they also don't have the spur gear holder either, but I do see it on Square's website

thanks

vic

Hi Vic,

We should see that on our next shipment. The square and Xenon part

Steve Wang
Old 11-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ran my Evo IV tonight, too... first full night with it, really.

ran very good, indoor concrete sprayed with VHT. best ive done in a while, actually... TQ and win in Pro-stock. dont ask about the 19T runs, tho... the extra power showed the poor condition of my tires!

mainly the kit setup, with a diff in the front. yellow springs all around, no swaybars.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, I ran my Evo IV at my first full 2 day race meet and I was VERY happy with the performance, especially since I am VERY inexperienced with touring car racing. I usually race in the F1 class but I have since got this Evo IV and I was stoked with the results, especially given the classy field that I was up against.

I qualified 2nd out of 19 runners. I had a bad race due to nerves, another race ended due to an optimistic driver ramming my car a bit too hard (breaking 4-5 components and causing me to miss the next heat due to damage). But after I rebuilt the ENTIRE car practically, the car was still great. I won the next race and I got taken out again early on in the last race but I still did as best as I could have gone. I set the fastest lap on every race except for 1 so I just love this car, it was great today. Shame about my driving, and my competitors driving, but that's racing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.