Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Turbo software for HW XERUN Speedos anyone? >

Turbo software for HW XERUN Speedos anyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turbo software for HW XERUN Speedos anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All PM's replied to so far sorry for the delay was teaching today.

46 sent so far
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Programmers?

Can anyone post a picture or a link to the programmer you need to do this? Do you need the old card and a programmer or can you get away with just one?
Also links to where I can buy one!
Many thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mark barford
Can anyone post a picture or a link to the programmer you need to do this? Do you need the old card and a programmer or can you get away with just one?
Also links to where I can buy one!
Many thanks

WARNING!!!
This is a BETA software and any self upgrades that are put onto your Hobbywing are entirely at your own risk you may blow up Speedo's and Motors etc etc etc.

Now for the additional Supercharger settings....... Here you will need to use an old style LED program card to do this no idea why, butone assumes that the new Program card will have the new options built into it.

Plug it in and wait for the two numbers to appear.

Setting 12 is for the Turbo boost level, controlling the overall power being delivered by the Turbo function. Keeping this setting lower will reduce both top speed and heat

Setting 13 allows for the adjustment to the RPM level at which the Turbo Function ‘kicks in’. The Turbo will not start up until this motor speed has been achieved.

Setting 14 allows you to adjust the amount of time ‘full throttle’ must be held BEFORE the turbo function engages this can be fine tuned along with setting 13 to allow best use of the turbo function of the Hobbywing ESC.

Setting 15 on your Hobbywing LED programmer is for Turbo function Punch: This controls the timing advance at RPMs below the level that has been set in Setting 13. The higher you set this the punchier the motor will be but conversely the hotter the motor will get.

Having run this up on the bench the REVS are off the scale the Turbo kicks-in in an absolutely vicious fashion and it managed to rip my Sorex pre glued tires off the rims lol.

Happy HobbyWinging guys but Please Please remember you do these things AT YOUR OWN Risk, this is non standard BETA software not meant for our versions of these fine Speedos.
Enjoy!

Cherry xx

All PM's answered up to now.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Have uploaded a PDF to my hosting, feel free to ask for the link.

Am in the process of making a video about the whole process from updating LCD all the way to installing the Supercharger software, should be ready at the weekend.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Have uploaded a PDF to my hosting, feel free to ask for the link.

Am in the process of making a video about the whole process from updating LCD all the way to installing the Supercharger software, should be ready at the weekend.
Cherry, thanks for doing this for the community. Not many people go through this much effort to help others out.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Top man cherry, thanks for all your help. Could you pm me with a link if you do the video?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Hi again, latest update........

Raced last night and gradually built the setting up to this

1: 2
2: 3
3: 5
4: 8
5: 4
6: 4
7: 4
8: 1
9: 4
10:1
11:-
12:4
13:1
14:2
15:4

The car was super quick, masses of grunt from the start, started 10th made 5th by the end of the first straight, finished 3rd, up against Tekins and SXX's, motor temped at 128 degrees Fahrenheit !!!!

Am going to try to push up the DDRS to 9 for the next meeting as going from 7 to 8 made a world of difference, so far no downsides to this software as far as I can see.

This is the track size.

Hope it helps !!

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-26-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

We (me and son) ran the SC today with mixed feelings. We tested at the same track that tomorrow will be our next RCGT race. The track was open for free practice but no lap counting system was active.

We both run HPI's on our local RCGT, I run a MK1 Sprint GTI with Nosram 17.5T and SP LPF1.1 which is not upgradeable.

My son runs a Sprint 2, with Nosram 17.5T, HW120A V2.0, which we upgraded with our LCD, exactly according to Cherry2blost's directions. I set the ESC at first with exactly the very last settings C2BL posted for his 10.5T... Of course, we're running a 17.5T so we geared it as low as 5.25 FDR (I didn't have any bigger 48DP pinions, silly me!) and it SEEMED (and was, finally) slower than my GTI (see above) on 5.53 FDR...

I had him bring his notebook (XP Home) with him so we played a bit with the SC program, we can definitely hear the motor get in SC mode when in the pits, but we didn't see any good on the track... I played around with the RPM delay settings and the aggressivenes but still nothing visually better than the GTI... Now that I think of it, there's one parameter we left untouched: The timing! We set it at 11.25 (or 11.5? not sure) and left it there... Do you think it would make any difference?
The motor temps after every 5-minute session were such that you could grab the car by the motor and bring it back to the pits...

We finally reverted back to the previous FW (I think it is 205g) and my son was quicker AND faster than me in most parts of the track, bar for driving mistakes...

EDIT: It was huge fun for others to watch us work with the netbook on the pit table! Haha! They were full of questions, like... "what are you guys doing there?"
"We're... overclocking the ESC"!!!! haha!

Last edited by steliosh; 03-27-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: one more thought!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Right..... Just to settle things I ran the new 318 and 324 profiles last night and wasn't overly impressed with them, may be more use for an outdoor (Large) track but not for our indoor track.

Went back to 231 and was much happier, now maybe this is because I have spent more time with 231 but it just seems to work.

Settings for last night:

1:2
2:3
3:5
4:9
5:3
6:4
7:2
8:1
9:4
10:1
12:7
13:1
14:2
15:3

Motor temp at 130 Degrees F
Novak 10.5 SS Pro with 13mm Rotor
FDR 7.44:1
Indoor carpet Rubber

Lots of punch in the infield, masses of top end on straight, could possibly do with dropping gearing back towards 8 but am struggling with the limitations of the Cyclone and 7.44 seems to be the lowest I can get the gearing without dropping back to 16 tooth pulleys, probably a job for next week !
Old 04-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default turbo boost!

hi Cherry,

thanks for making this available to the community.

pm sent.

excitedly standing by,

-Jon
Old 04-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Cherry. Any reason as to why your running 13 so low? effectively just using the time delay for the SC. Our straight has a sweeper on entry - i may try this tomorrow, but i assume it may come on to soon and unsettle the car onto the straight?

Ive been running mine at setting 4 (7000 RPM) and Delay on 0.2.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by geubes
Cherry. Any reason as to why your running 13 so low? effectively just using the time delay for the SC. Our straight has a sweeper on entry - i may try this tomorrow, but i assume it may come on to soon and unsettle the car onto the straight?

Ive been running mine at setting 4 (7000 RPM) and Delay on 0.2.
For my driving style and the good quality sweeper coming onto the straight, it works better, running any more just delayed the turbo kick further up the straight, now I can hit the turbo as soon as the car is coming off the sweeper, stonkingly quick like it though lol.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
Top man cherry, thanks for all your help. Could you pm me with a link if you do the video?
mr cherry

Pm me to the video link..
Old 04-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Please guys remember that this is ONLY for the XERUN SENSORED Hobbywing speedos, NOT the EZRUNS.

Models supported are the Xerun 120SD and the Xerun 60SD.

sorry to disappoint.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Initiate

nothing for ezrun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.