Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2010 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS >

2010 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS

2010 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS

Old 05-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Amateur class

What does the amateur class entail TC, 1/12th any other stipulations.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yo Scotty,

I see you've added the Poker Tournament but what happened to Go-Karting. This was an absolute blast last year and was really looking forward to it again this year.

Do you plan on adding this as the Monday night activity?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Yo Scotty,

I see you've added the Poker Tournament but what happened to Go-Karting. This was an absolute blast last year and was really looking forward to it again this year.

Do you plan on adding this as the Monday night activity?
Scotty probably has not worked out the details on the karting yet. Give him some time and I am sure he will have all the info for that at a later date.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Viva LasVegas

Hey Scotty,

I had so much fun last year thought I'd try again. I'm brining more spur gears!

Tom...
Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Scotty,

Any thought to lowering the weight limit on the TC's??? 1425g is pretty high being that I think most people are adding at least 80-150g to their cars. I know Xray, Tamiya, TOP, Hot Bodies and more have Lipo specific cars out now with everything relocated to improve the balance of the car so it's not really like you have to add so much weight to keep the cars balanced. I know the BRCA is down to 1350g and I've heard other talk of more of Europe going to this as well. I'm also looking at my Evolution sitting here at only 1290g, perfectly balanced so of course it would be really nice not to have to strap 140g worth of weight in the car...

Looking forward to another great IIC!!

Thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Scotty,

Any thought to lowering the weight limit on the TC's??? 1425g is pretty high being that I think most people are adding at least 80-150g to their cars. I know Xray, Tamiya, TOP, Hot Bodies and more have Lipo specific cars out now with everything relocated to improve the balance of the car so it's not really like you have to add so much weight to keep the cars balanced. I know the BRCA is down to 1350g and I've heard other talk of more of Europe going to this as well. I'm also looking at my Evolution sitting here at only 1290g, perfectly balanced so of course it would be really nice not to have to strap 140g worth of weight in the car...

Thanks
I agree with Josh but think that 1350 is too low. Perhaps somewhere like 1385 - 1390 would reduce the need to for as much ballast on the newer cars but still give drivers with older cars a chance to get down to the limit. Or you could go with 1350 for non -Sportsman classes and use a higher limit for Sportsman.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Scotty,

Thanks
I have a T3 and I am only adding 20g additional to what is required to balance the car (30g on the battery side with the belts flipped). That is with all lightweight electronics. I'm not sure I've seen someone run with 80-150g extra. Which cars require that much besides your new car or those with batteries down the center?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I have a T3 and I am only adding 20g additional to what is required to balance the car (30g on the battery side with the belts flipped). That is with all lightweight electronics. I'm not sure I've seen someone run with 80-150g extra. Which cars require that much besides your new car or those with batteries down the center?
I just bought a 416X and with no lead at all my car weighs in at 1273g. I can balance it with about another 60g of lead. And that leaves me with 90+ grams just to make weight....this is with the belts in the standard configuration. If they were flipped I could balance with less weight....just the stock chassis doesn't allow for that.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rick - That doesn't sound like a bad idea... Keep in mind that the sportsman classes may be using these newer spec speedos that will probably be smaller or lighter than current speedos (depending on the rules). Maybe 1350g for the Mod class and 1400g (just picking nice/easy #) for the other classes to give racers a chance to use old cars without a handicap??

or8ital - I think the only car that may have trouble with this weight/balance would be the Xray or AE but I could be really wrong. I'm sure they both have new cars or parts at least for the coming WC as both companies have been quiet while all the others have released all their new parts/cars. I know Tamiya, TOP, Schumacher, CEFX and I'm sure the new Hot Bodies can all easily hit this weight balanced. Honestly, I think most of those cars could hit 1300g but the 50g leaves a tolerance for electronics, motors, batteries. If I put a large servo and Thunder Power battery rather than SP in my car it's about 1320g still balanced. Also, keep in mind that I made our motor plate, mount plate and top deck mount out of steel so racers didn't have to add quite as much. If we would have produced these from aluminum the car would have been another 20g+ lighter and still balanced.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I double checked my T3 tonight. I added 100g or so to get the car to 1425 +/-.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikel33
I double checked my T3 tonight. I added 100g or so to get the car to 1425 +/-.
From the T3s I have seen, virtually every bit of added weight goes on the battery side to balance the car at all four corners.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
From the T3s I have seen, virtually every bit of added weight goes on the battery side to balance the car at all four corners.
I used (2) 40g plates under the battery to balance. The rest (28g) was put on the chassis as close to the centerline as I could get it.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
HI Everyone,

Well as we are full swing into Spring here in Wisconsin, my mind is on Vegas! We are about 1 month away from entries online and I know it will be another great IIC.

All the details of the classes will be forthcoming soon, but I wanted to give everyone some info about Speed Control Rules. For those of you that were at the IIC last year, you saw first hand the change that the timing advance/boost did to stock racing and that was only the beginning. It has advanced many times since the IIC and has taken things in my opinion from the stock class it should be for beginners and intermediate drivers to something far closer to an advanced racers class. As a race promoter and hobby shop owner, this is obviously a major concern for me. I want to ensure we have classes for all abilities and right now Stock racing.... Is not Stock! And it needs to get back to a speed that is controllable for the beginner and intermediate drivers.

In talking with some of the major ESC companies, they are all in agreement that there needs to be some limits or controls put into the ESC to bring back a true Stock level of racing. Many of the ESC companies are already making adjustments to their current profiles and their new products will come with profiles that are designed for Stock racing. No timing, No boost and easy to tech to ensure that the racer is in these Stock Profiles.

NOVAK, TEKIN, LRP have all confirmed that they all have this in their products coming to market soon.

I just wanted everyone to know that for this years IIC we will have parameters and restrictions in the stock classes to what Speedos and what profiles you will be able to use in the Stock Classes. This will ensure as always for the IIC the fairest event possible for both the amature as well as the expert.

Class information and other info will be coming out soon. and we all look forward to seeing everyone in September for another great IIC.

Thanks
Scotty
Woohoo.... Sign me up. Working on running working brake lights this year
Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB Moose
Woohoo.... Sign me up. Working on running working brake lights this year
Uhhhhhh...You brake on carpet??? Not!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

blowing the dust off my car! i think im ready to breathe carpetfibers for a week

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.