Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team PRP racing components

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i ran my losi with the new towers and they are as stuff/durable as the stock graphite towers. this was on a med/high traction carpet surface.

one note also is depending on the ballcups you run the rear camber link turnbuckle may rub the MT2 tower depending on the setup. it did not bind or slow down the movement but i shaved a bit off my ball cups just to be sure....i run the schumaker ones on that car.

unfortunately i have decided to sell my losi and will not be able to test it out any further.

On another note....I'm buying a Pro4....so I'll be looking out for the PRP Pro4 chassis!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nexus
On another note....I'm buying a Pro4....so I'll be looking out for the PRP Pro4 chassis!
So it has been written and so it has been said....it was only a matter of time.

Ben I raced the HTS chassis on Sunday and it was just great. Cant wait to get my hands on a production one. E-mail me sometime if your back from your Vacation.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

PROOOOOOOOOOOOO 444444444444!!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Make sure to think about the TruSpin plate as well. I am still running the stock spur gear after several months of racing! In addition I have had NO front gear failures after installing the backing plate. Mod or stock it does not matter. Great work Ben!! Keep the cool products a coming!
Old 07-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Anthony, cool to hear you'll be running a Pro 4!!!

I've got more plans for Pro 4 option parts, it's just a matter of time and money to see what I can get done

On the Losi towers, what do you guys think about running a spacer in front of the REAR tower so the tower sits 2mm further back to allow for better turnbuckle clearance? And the shock tower mounting holes could be countersunk to better hold them in place...
Old 07-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you space it back, that may mess with the roll center geometry as well as upper shock mount angles. Of course I hade to mess with that anyways to get them just right. On the countersinking, I rather have them like they are and do like I did with flat head screws and counter sunk washers. I think counter sinking the tower itself may create a thin/week point on the tower. I think using the countersunk washers will spread the stress over a larger area.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Good points, Jon.

How was it placing the M3 hardware into the towers? Would you guys like me to drill the holes very slightly larger, or keep them as they are for tighter tolerance?

I'm going to be drilling the center mounting tab holes a little bigger so they fit a little easier over the chassis "locking tabs".

Any of you other guys that are using the pre production towers, please feel free to comment.

Thank you!
Ben
Old 07-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

The M3 hardware I was able to "thread" into the holes without drilling them out. Makes for a very nice tight fit. No slop- always a good thing. I'd say leave them as they are. Not everyone buying these towers are going to be running Tamiya shocks. Drilling them larger may make it too big for those using standard hardware. Guys running M3 can either do like I did or slightly ream them out themselves. Most people I know who are willing to try someting like running totally different shocks aren't afraid of making small adjustments to make things fit.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

I agree, Jon. Tighter hole tolerance is one of the "little" things I like to do with the parts I make. Thanks for the great feedback!
Old 07-31-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any word on when we can get some xxx-s towers? i want to try to get the tamiya shocks on my xxx-s sometime soon so I can start playing arround with setups and all before Worlds...
Old 07-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

I had a few guys ask me about the towers today at the Hitec Race. It seems like there's a lot of people wnat to get their hands on these. So far, I'm very pleased. I had to make some major setup changes today but nothing due to the towers. I'm using a few of the addtional mounting holes and I'm thinking of using the top row on the rear tower for the shocks to see how they work.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Worlds is late October, right? I think they'll be out the day before, so you'll need overnight FEd Ex.

JUST KIDDING!

I'm trying to get them out this month, but I've been so busy with some other projects. But I think I can do it for this month. I'm working on it!

Thanks, Jon- great news once again! Now just find that sweet setup for next time
Old 08-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I had a few guys ask me about the towers today at the Hitec Race. It seems like there's a lot of people wnat to get their hands on these. So far, I'm very pleased. I had to make some major setup changes today but nothing due to the towers. I'm using a few of the addtional mounting holes and I'm thinking of using the top row on the rear tower for the shocks to see how they work.
Are Tamiya shocks needed to run these towers? Thanks.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by forty6
Are Tamiya shocks needed to run these towers? Thanks.
Nope.....the towers offer another set of holes that will let you use the longer Tamiya shocks easier then with the stock towers. But thats just one of the options that these towers offer to a XXXS owner. The New PRP towers work just fine with the Losi shocks
Old 08-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, it's the other way around. These twoers have more mounting holes for the camber links. Other than letting me run the Tamiya shocks, I like that option better than any other. I ran the Speedtech ones for awhile. I like Steve and he carrys good products, but the rear tower seemed to flex a lot. It was pretty week too. I broke two of them That's to only shock tower I've ever broke. The PRP ones are much beefier and have much less flex to them, allowing the suspension to work properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.