Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Official ROAR Festivus Thread >

The Official ROAR Festivus Thread

The Official ROAR Festivus Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In the carpet nats thread, I noticed a lot of talk of something that could replace roar. Why replace Roar? Can't you replace the people?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

this like being at work, when the supervisors are gone we talk about how great things are, they get new hours and are gone more, now we bitch "hey wheres the supervisors, they don't care about us"

we bitched when roar didn't show for big events, now we bitch when they do.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by munrath
We really don't get to vote on much of anything. We get handed the info after the fact. When we send emails, we don't get responses, or we get mixed responses or if multiple people email the same exact question we've gotten different responses.

Is it possible that if we don't use our ROAR membership in the next 3 months that we can get a refund?

After Rich made his grand entrance I don't plan on renewing my membership with ROAR.

Mark

Okay "munrath" (is it Mark?) - I have stepped into the firestorm at your request.

I have joined the Festivus thread. Since I seem to be the cause of this thread and I have been the chief D.CK. I am here to have conversations with you if you will allow a pompous ass to join the discussion. Feel free to beat on me - I deserve it after my not-so-grand pr.ckish entrance.

Plus, I'll even pay your ROAR fees for next year - how's that for a start.

Last edited by Rich Browne; 03-17-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: offer to pay munrath's ROAR fee's
Old 03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munrath

After Rich made his grand entrance I don't plan on renewing my membership with ROAR.

Mark

Who is in charge of the on road side of roar. How come there not here answering questions and putting out fires.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Okay "munrath" (is it Mark?) - I have stepped into the firestorm at your request.

I have joined the Festivus thread. Since I seem to be the cause of this thread and I have been the chief D.CK. I am here to have conversations with you if you will allow a pompous ass to join the discussion. Feel free to beat on me - I deserve it after my not-so-grand pr.ckish entrance.
Welcome to the jungle....
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs

Who is in charge of the on road side of roar. How come there not here answering questions and putting out fires.
I'm here to put out fires and answer questions or to get questions answered.

I am also here to listen to ideas on how we make ROAR better for you the racer.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Welcome to the jungle....
Ah, hello Mr. Arluck! How's tricks?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

In all seriousness Rich, if you dont have a background in this, you're probably not the right person to be fielding questions or understanding where people are coming from.

If I were making a suggestion to you and ROAR, it would be to have someone with a signifigant understanding/background in this to liason with ROAR.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
In all seriousness Rich, if you dont have a background in this, you're probably not the right person to be fielding questions or understanding where people are coming from.

If I were making a suggestion to you and ROAR, it would be to have someone with a signifigant understanding/background in this to liason with ROAR.

I second what the other Tall guy says.

Roar should have someone with great knowledge and background in each of the RC disciplines that Roar oversees.

As far as I know none of the Excom or Cabinet are Electric onroad racers but I could be wrong.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

I'm here to put out fires and answer questions or to get questions answered.

I am also here to listen to ideas on how we make ROAR better for you the racer.

Whats your experiences in electric on road
Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rich - I hope it's not a firestorm but rather a way to communicate and have people listen. Thanks for the apology and taking the time to listen.

I'm not here to bash, but would like to help as I think many of us racers want to do. On-Road is declining and we all have to pull together to make a positive change.

I would really like for you to look at the entry fee's. Do we really need 3 - 4 officials at the races? Maybe we do at some of the larger events maybe we don't. If we reduced the amount of officials how much could we lower the entry fee?

I know we are trying to attract more racers to the event's and that's a good thing. My question is why mess with the largest class we have (17.5). Why not just introduce sportsman class as a test case to see how things go? The 13.5 and Mod have had the smallest turnouts in the past couple of years. Yet 17.5 is one of the largest and most competitive classes we have to race.

If you look at On-Road gas racing we don't have this problem. We have .12 and .21 We don't have an issue with non-sponsored or sponsored racing in either of these classes. Why do we have this issue in Electric On-Road? Not all .12 or .21 motors are created equal, just like not all speedo's are created equal, yet we worry about sponsored and non-sponsored drivers racing together. We don't tell the guy who won his first Nitro sedan nationals that he has to move to .21.

I'd like to see some of the money from entry fee's or membership fee's go to advertising. How hard would it be for the regional director to make a few phone calls or to send a flyer to the local hobby shops advertising the Nats and or Regionals. You don't have to make a 1,000 copies. A simply flyer that the local hobby shops in or around the area could post on a wall would be better then nothing.

Scheduling races within a week or two year after year would be great. So if 2010 the Carpet Nats is held on March 25, 26, 27 then you should shoot for that same time frame for 2011, so that people can schedule leave around the races and they know from year to year when each of the nationals are going to be and or that matter the regional.

Like you I don't have all of the answers, but I'm sure if we all put some thoughts together we can come up with some ideas and test the water to see if things are moving in the right or wrong direction before making law.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Old 03-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Suspended

I agree that official ROAR's answers to member's questions should be posted in a public forum like this one, instead of via email.

Why?

Well the major reason is that it allows everyone else to read the member's question/comment as well as ROAR's answer. Think about it...other people might have the same exact question. If the question/ROAR's answer is posted for public viewing, then there is no need for repetitive emails that ask and answer the same question.

Post the question/comment once on a forum, and answer the question once on a forum.

Sounds like the easier solution to me.
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank

I do agree with you. My background is 1/8th Fuel On Road. I have limited electric knowledge. Mainly 1/10 Touring Car.

The ExCom as three knowledgeable on road electric guys. Andrew Mowrey, Ruben Benitez and Shawn Palmer. New Section Chairman, Fuel, Steve Pond and Electric Ron Schuur.

I can explain the workings of ROAR I can give suggestions on how to get your ideas heard. I know the who's to make this all work.

Give me a shot - I'll help as much as I can
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ruben Benitez races on road electric.

Ron Schuur is the electric section head, don't know what he races now. I could have sworn i have seen his name in the magazines for 1/10 pan in the old days
Old 03-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

I do agree with you. My background is 1/8th Fuel On Road. I have limited electric knowledge. Mainly 1/10 Touring Car.

The ExCom as three knowledgeable on road electric guys. Andrew Mowrey, Ruben Benitez and Shawn Palmer. New Section Chairman, Fuel, Steve Pond and Electric Ron Schuur.

I can explain the workings of ROAR I can give suggestions on how to get your ideas heard. I know the who's to make this all work.

Give me a shot - I'll help as much as I can
I really would like to hear from these guys to see what direction roar is going in and maybe even hear from Dawn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.