200mm 1/10th Scale Bodies >

200mm 1/10th Scale Bodies

200mm 1/10th Scale Bodies

Old 08-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
any feed back about the blitz isf body?
Very stable like the xceed Audi but with more steering. I feel it to be a little more stable than the chevy too. I moved the wing a lil forward as it was taking some steering away and the back was too planted
Old 08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

great thanx, i will try it, from what you are telling me it's a great body so lets see what happened.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

I`m new to RC cars but i`m a very experienced RC aerobatics pilot.

I have a new Tamiya TG10 MK2 touring car and i want to start racing in local touring races.

I`m in the process of ordering bodies for my car and i will be buying the Protoform P37-N and P56-N.

But the HPI Toureza painted body is the one i will be using first.

Is this a good choice that i made about bodies?.

Any suggestion?.

I was reading on the forum and saw that the discontinued Protoform Stratus 3.1 was also a very praised body and i`m tempted to getting one too.

Can some one tell me what were the top 5 bodies at the IFMAR worlds last year in Texas? name of the body and manufacture?.

Thanks all.

Greg.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FASTGIMS
Hi all,

I`m new to RC cars but i`m a very experienced RC aerobatics pilot.

I have a new Tamiya TG10 MK2 touring car and i want to start racing in local touring races.

I`m in the process of ordering bodies for my car and i will be buying the Protoform P37-N and P56-N.

But the HPI Toureza painted body is the one i will be using first.

Is this a good choice that i made about bodies?.

Any suggestion?.

I was reading on the forum and saw that the discontinued Protoform Stratus 3.1 was also a very praised body and i`m tempted to getting one too.

Can some one tell me what were the top 5 bodies at the IFMAR worlds last year in Texas? name of the body and manufacture?.

Thanks all.

Greg.
The most popular body was the Xceed (now by SRC/RCAmerica) Chevy Kruzer. But I believe this was because the track had many chicanes and 180 close turns.

I think the most successful bodies up today are:

-Protoform P37/P56
-SRC Chevy
-Blitz Kruze
-Blitz Audi RS4

No specific order... There is also two new bodies that should be around the corner... the Xceed Chevy V2 and the Bittydesign Striker...

The Stratus a few years ago was the body to have... Its reign lasted a while, thats why everyone praises it.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone try the blitz cruze?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

DS Motorsport wrote a nice summary in the Capricorn thread from some of the new bodies.

Originally Posted by rias5037
Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rias5037
Originally Posted by Gergely
DS Motorsport wrote a nice summary in the Capricorn thread from some of the new bodies.

So I decided to test some of the new body's with the benchmark being the Blitz RS4.
I tested the Blitz Cruze, P37 and P56. Didn't had time to test the new Kruzer.

With the Blitz Cruze I was 0.28 seconds a lap slower then with the RS4. On turn in they felt pretty much the same but on on-throttle corner exit the Cruze had a lot more steering, actually too much since the traction was low and the track is a very open and fast track. On a tight technical track with some hairpins the Cruze should work very well. In the highspeed corner it was a bit understeering compared to the RS4 but this is down to the wing position, with the RS4 I have the wing all the way to the front and with the Cruze it was still in the middle.
Update: I tested some more with the Cruze and even with the wing all the way forward it still lacks steering in the high speed corners. Defiantly a body more suited for the smaller, technical tracks.

The P37 didn't handled very well and lacked overall downforce, the car was spinning out in the highspeed corner and understeering in the low speed corners. I was around 0.5 seconds slower with this shell. It was cut out using the cutting lines. I will test it some more but just like the R5N it just didn't feel good.

The P56 handled very good and was positioned exactly like the P37. Very stable in the highspeed but plenty of cornerspeed in the low speed stuff.
Really liked how this body handled, I was 0.18 seconds slower as with the RS4 but the tires were already worn down to 53.8mm (Yes I always run them to the rim )
With a good set of tires like I had on the RS4 and some more finetuning I think this will be the shell to run on an open high speed track.

Update: Did some more testing with the P56 with a proper set of tires.
In the high speed corners it's very good, it also has very good straight line speed. It feels a bit to neutral to my liking in the slower, technical stuff. The RS4 really attacks the corner, something which really suites my driving style.

I mount all of my body's 3mm in front of the front axle, seems to be the magic number for me. Gives a very neutral feeling with the wing in medium position.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Helllo,

Thank you very much for the update.

3mm means that the imaginary vertical axle of the front wheel arc on the body is 3mm more forward than the middle of your wheel axle?

What does "Medium position" means on your P56? Could you please tell the overhang in mm? Did you cut out the rear window on the manufacturer's line or opened completely?

Have you tried the lightweight versions from both?

Thanks,
Gergely

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

Update: Did some more testing with the P56 with a proper set of tires.
In the high speed corners it's very good, it also has very good straight line speed. It feels a bit to neutral to my liking in the slower, technical stuff. The RS4 really attacks the corner, something which really suites my driving style.

I mount all of my body's 3mm in front of the front axle, seems to be the magic number for me. Gives a very neutral feeling with the wing in medium position.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

While we are on bodys whats the general consences on were to place the hole in the window i see some of the mentioned body go quiet high but ive seen a lot quiet low
Old 03-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Questions??

thanks DS, got a blitz cruze on the way, we have a tight technical track, im sure it wil work well at our track.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Helllo,

Thank you very much for the update.

3mm means that the imaginary vertical axle of the front wheel arc on the body is 3mm more forward than the middle of your wheel axle?

What does "Medium position" means on your P56? Could you please tell the overhang in mm? Did you cut out the rear window on the manufacturer's line or opened completely?

Have you tried the lightweight versions from both?

Thanks,
Gergely
Yes 0mm would be exactly in the middle of the wheelaxle.

The new protoform body's come with a slot for mounting the wing, just like the Blitz body's. The middle of this slot I call the medium position. Middle position would probably be a better name.
Rear window is opened up completely for fast refueling.

The P56 I have is the pro light version. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because it already started cracking around the rear end during the cutting of the shell.
Also the plastic has warped on the exhaust side badly.
It does save 20 grams compared to the standard version.

Overall the quality of Protoform shells is just poor compared to Blitz.
Protoform aren't symmetrical, with the P56 the rear wheels won't fit in the shell completely, they are sticking out at both sides. Also the masking never fits perfectly and starts wrinkling around the edges as soon as you start applying paint.
And most importantly, the Blitz shells last a lot longer.

Originally Posted by rufazz
While we are on bodys whats the general consences on were to place the hole in the window i see some of the mentioned body go quiet high but ive seen a lot quiet low
I position the center of the front hole 2mm in front of the center of the fueltank hole. This gives enough cooling and proper alignment for the fuel gun.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Xceed 1/10 Chevy CRUZE V2 TC 200mm
Attached Thumbnails 200mm 1/10th Scale Bodies-xc-104054.jpg  
Old 03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Yes 0mm would be exactly in the middle of the wheelaxle...