Wiki Posts
Search

AKA Tires with LPR Rims???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NuthinFancy91

I called AKA, they said they have been having problems with the truggy wheels cracking, and are still working on getting it fixed. They also said that if a set of AKA wheels cracked, you could send them in and they would replace them, if they are still reasonably new. But since my Dad's cracked, and he kept running them they can't do anything about those, which is understandable. Now I wish I had sent them in after they cracked his second race. lol But all I did was hit the crack with some CA, and they have held fine since and haven't cracked anymore.

Sorry for the thread jack.

-Bo
yeah my dad got a set of pre-mounts at dalton and he cracked them later that day but we have ran them that way ever since then, without any glue or anything, the tires are about junk now so im not worried about it.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On second thought...won't the hex extenders add quite a bit of additional rotating mass? I have not held one in my hand, but I would imagine that they would be fairly heavy.

Does anyone out there have a set of regular and extended wheel hexes so we could see a difference in weight?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

I race an STRR, when they revised from the R to the RR they extended the chassis and extended the hubs by 14mm (which equals the 1/2 offset). When I raced MT and Truggy at the same time I converted my hubs back to standard so I could run the same tire on both trucks which was the 1/2 offs. When I switch back and forth on hubs I can't tell the difference in mass. I have standard, 9mm, 11mm and 14mm but always seem to run the 14's. I don't think you will have a problem either way you go.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sholler
It works just fine and doesnt hurt the foams or the tire. Just gotta cut the inner bead out of the tire and your set.

Give it a try, makes a very good AKA tire even better
Yep, that's what I ended up doing. It's somewhat of a pain in the rear end to cut them right with dull lexan scissors, but it is soooo worth it. I got to try them out last week, and I'm hooked on that setup.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default AKA Wheels on Jammin X1-CRT

Hey all,

What a thread! This is exactly what I wanted to do, is it still viable to use AKA wheels on a Jammin X1-CRT? If so what size extenders do I use? I have read through the thread, and i see members using between 12mm and 14mm extenders. But I only see 12mm, 13mm and 15mm as my options these days?

I guess i need to be educated or re-educated? An offset is the measurement of the difference between Dead Center (DC) and the back of the wheel. Am I correct?
Meaning if a wheel is 58mm, Zero offset means the hex hub of the wheel would be at ~29mm (DC of the wheel)? Take AKA wheels for example. So a "1/2 offset" wheel (a non-AKA 58mm wheel for example) would be half of 29mm (the difference between DC and the back), which would be around ~14mm offset? Which would also equal the size of the extender needed? If i needed to run 1/2 offset wheels, which is the case if I remember correctly with Jammin X1-crt. So 15's or 13's would you go with? Or not at all?

Or was the just a load of words, that don't mean anything? lol If so, what do i need to know?

Thanks for your time and help,
Nick