Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Josh R - Jr. and Ron Rossetti have been running that car quite a bit, and they feel it's very capable of being competitive (if there are two opinions in the RC world that matter, they'd be right up there!). I haven't driven the car or worked on one, but it seems to work pretty well; Ron was running competitive times with it at Silver State.

Horizon is good about backing up their products, and I think it'll be a great way to enter the 1/8th scale buggy racing world.

dave - 2wd buggy is the hardest class to race in a competitive environment, simply because it's the least stable of any off-road racing vehicle, and has the least amount of tire rubber in contact with the ground at any given time. 19T buggy would be a great way to sharpen your driving skills, but only if you race on a smooth, flowing track, and with motivation to put in a good solid battery pack with tight lines and no crashes. Blasting around a rutted 1/8th scale track and sliding around loamy berms won't help your car control abilities.

Gas truck teaches mental toughness and trains you to think about what's going on during a race. It's great for learning throttle control, and when to be conservative, or to be punched!

rod_b - I never change my setups..I feel that my cars are well balanced and will be on pace with the correct tires, and then I adapt my driving to suit the track conditions. My XXX-T setup (that I have used at Revelation) is on the second page of this thread.

nitro kid - What car are you referring to?

rc scoring pro - I wish I had a laptop to bring with me! I've run enough race programs and used enough scoring software to know what you have going on there..it looks really good.

Unfortunately, most of the races we go to, the computer system is already set up, and practice is never timed. You might want to contact the tracks around here (like Hot Rod Hobbies and The Dirt) and ask if they'd like to try it.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Post buggy

it a bx
Old 05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Talking

Aaron:

I was wondering which gel and spray do you use in order to keep your hair spiked?
Old 05-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Scott Fisher
Aaron:

I was wondering which gel and spray do you use in order to keep your hair spiked?
ROFL
Old 05-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

nitro kid - I'd start with a 22/88 and work from there

Scott - Citré Shine spiking glue, it's dialed! Comes in a yellow bottle-kinda thing, and it's stickier than Pro-Line glue.

Peanut called it "the most dialed hair stuff he's ever used"...hahaha
Old 05-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Thanks Aaron, and would you ever like to try it out, or race it (maybe just weekly racing)???
Old 05-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Aaron just wanted to thank you for recomending the Airtronics 94357 servo to me in a diffrent thread. I just installed it and it looks really great, super fast, lots of torque and zero play in the gears, etc.

thanks for the help. hope to see you soon

jake
Old 05-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking THANX

Thank you for the directions and i hope i can go on the 5th.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

First of all I want to thank you for all the help that u gave me.

I have a problem with the throttle/brake servo (jr590M). Every time I push/pull the T/B I hear a humming sound. Is this normal? Theres no more humming once I let go of the T/B and the servo is in its normal position. I checked the linkages and did the SUBTRIM and EPA of my radio (helios) but still I cant eliminate that sound. What could be the reason for this?? thnx
Old 05-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Josh - I might have the opportunity to race one..but it looks like I will be racing 1/8th scale buggy for a different company next year, which means I won't be allowed to use one of the Horizon cars.

Jake - No problem!

kford - Hope to see you there! We'll be up there Friday night and Saturday, then going to Pro-Line's track for a double-header weekend on Sunday.

penggoy - Some servos will do that through their movement. Most of the time it's nothing to worry about. If it starts making other noises, like grinding or clicking, then the servo might be going bad.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by yakob
Hey Aaron just wanted to thank you for recomending the Airtronics 94357 servo to me in a diffrent thread. I just installed it and it looks really great, super fast, lots of torque and zero play in the gears, etc.

thanks for the help. hope to see you soon

jake
I just swapped the 94357 from my yok sd and put it on my MST-1. Cant wait to get some tires and see the difference. I had the Hitec HS605 which is now discontinued but at 6V it had 96oz/.13 transit.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Speed and torque won't be the difference between that Hitec and your Airtronics servo; the 357 will center more consistently and feel better from corner to corner.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Speed and torque won't be the difference between that Hitec and your Airtronics servo; the 357 will center more consistently and feel better from corner to corner.
cool, almost done rebuilding the truck just waiting for the tires, shockboots and upperdeck to arrive, i also moved the hitec for use in throttle/braking instead of using a standard servo, i dunno if it was the servo to blame but the brakes didnt seem to "grab" quite as much as i liked.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Aaron have you ever ordered from nitrohouse.com?? Do you know how much shipping is? or is the shippin included in the price of the item? it doesnt tell you about shippin, all it ask is credit card number thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

I've never mail-ordered anything R/C related. I'm a firm believer in supporting the local hobby shop, so they'll stay in business. Anything I still have to buy (haha) comes from my local hobby store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.