Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

I've been using the Mugen ends on the rear shock tower, with white ballcups and standard Lunsford Punisher turnbuckles all the way around.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks

I was thinking of the mugen caps and the balls on the shock tower as well.

Still running the dirt setup on your AD2? I feel like it worked awesome on the AD1 but doesn't seem to have as much on-power or side-bite on tight hard-packed tracks like HRH.

I am going to try the upper mounts on the hub carriers. Any other suggestions for a slick track?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Aaron,

New to this board. looks like you are doing a great job.

Wondering if anyone could give me good info on setting up my xxx buggy(original one) and the xxx-nt (original one). I am looking for pinion/gear combos on the xxx. I run a p2k2 pro. and general setups for the xxx-nt. thanks Aaron.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Start here for NT setups http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Sup...rodID=LOSA0846

There are XXX setups on losi's web site also.

I have a gear chart on my web site and what I feel a good XXX std setup there also. Check it out.

http://home.socal.rr.com/casper04
Old 04-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

whats a good motor (smallblock) for a nitro evader st. im making it on-road under $200
Old 04-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Todd - For the AD2 at Hot Rod we'll probably be using 2-B in the rear and maybe long arm, I'm not sure yet. Both of those will give the car more corner speed.

toma - Thanks! Casper had your post covered.

Evan - The O.S. CV-R line of motors is your best bet. They have a .12, .15, and .18.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yo Casper -

It's Todd from Wed night at SoCal. We spoke for a bit and I had the pleasure of qualifying right behind you in truck and getting booted to last after the first turn. I LOVE RC RACING!!!!

Anyway...I wanna get new batts and wondered where you get yours and what numbers you look for. Also, I wanna ditch the Quasar Pro and take care of my batts better. With all the different ways to treat batteries....how to you treat yours???

Thanks

See you at SoCal.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Prophet

How is it going Todd. That is a pretty tough layout to make up time on right now. Patience is everything with this layout.

I use slingshot batteries now. They will have there web site up soon at www.slingshotbatteries.com . For stock racing you want low internal resistance and high voltage. Numbers on the cells will vary from matcher to matcher but resistance numbers under 2.5 and voltage over 1.17 are pretty good packs!

Runtime is not an issue. For maintance get an equalizing tray like the Integy Zero-Thirty for quick equalization at 0V or if you are not comfortable with that the Novak Tray is awsome and can equalize anywhere from .1 to .9V per cell. The trays are important as not matter how well the pack is matched one or more cells with charge and discharge at different rates even if this is a small amount over time the pack will "unmatch" itself. By traying the batteries you can help keep the pack at top performance. If you do use a tray like the novak I recommend dicharging the pack on the tray before charging and let it rest off the tray for about 5 min after the last light goes out and then charge the battery. You want the pack to peak on the charge with the battery temp between 120-130 deg measured just after the pack has peaked. Do not use a fan to cool the battery during charging. You will also get the best performance from the battery if it is warm when you run it so if the battery has been precharged go ahead and repeak it prior to your race.

As for chargers. I have been looking at the Durtrax ICE. For $130 you cannot beat it's features. I personally use Integy 16X5V6 chargers but if I were in the market today I would strongly look at the ICE.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:47 PM

has any one tryed the ace racing products outlaw pipe
Attached Thumbnails Ask Aaron Waldron-cf_1.jpg  
Old 04-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Aaron, i am dont like my TRX 2.5r in my revo any more, what is the best motor that will drop in w/ the aftermarket motor mount and still be a stock size motor or close to it. (I only want a small block)
Old 04-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Prophet

I would look at the new OS18TZ!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

well i looked into it and im getting the OS .18 TM, it drops directly into the revo.....what do you think?
Old 04-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Aaron. Are you planning on participating in the Palomar Raceway Point Series? Its supposed to have 8 races with 2 throwouts. More information on it is at their website. http://www.palomarraceway.com
Old 04-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

smaxx - The O.S. motors run very well. I have seen a few Revos with the TM engine that were fast.

waterblast - I don't know..it's going to depend on my racing schedule; this summer is already very full. If I have the time, I will make it.

HAD A DIALED WEEKEND!

First round of the 2005 RC Pro West Division Series.

Came from DEEP in the pack to finish less than 12 inches behind Marty Korn in the Expert Gas Truck class...finished 2nd.

Scored my first podium finish in 1/8th scale behind Chad Bradley and Greg Degani, who won his first race as an OFNA driver.

Special thanks to all my sponsors and everyone who has helped me: Team Losi, Jammin' Products, Trinity, Sirio, Rossi, Novak Electronics, Pro-Line, The Dirt Racepark, Jay Halsey, Mike Dunn, Dean Sexton, Adam Drake, Charles Charron, and the best mechanic in the world...MY DAD!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Aaron,

will I ever be as cool as you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.