Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Eight 2.0 chassis

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi Eight 2.0 chassis

I recently have gotten into 1/8 buggies, and got an eight 2.0 rtr. I am in the process of upgrading things to what the race roller would have. I.m currently trying to decide which chassis I want to go with. Losi tuned flex, or a bce pro race. Can you losi guys give me your opion on both.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

how is your track like?? smooth/bumpy?? concrete jumps and landings or natural soil?? blown out or nice and clean??

i know the BCE is a great chassis but i wont use it on my track since its very hard packed with many concrete sections, i already damaged on stock chassis and dont think the thinner chassis will do me any better.

cheers
Ali
Old 03-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

All of our tracks in Colorado are smooth-semi rough with all dirt surfaces.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

i would get the BCE
Old 03-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

KWT-Nitro, since you run on a harder surface you may want to look into purchasing a BCE chassis because of the wear characteristics. The BCE is built out of, IMO, better materials.
Foothills 8ight, the BCE chassis is a step(or two) better than the Racer Roller 2.0 chassis. You may find a Losi 2.0 chassis on Ebay for cheaper than a hobby store if you looking to go that route. If you looking at paying the full amount for the Losi 2.0 chassis I would buy a BCE instead.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

dont you think thinner chassis will have more flex than the stock one?? the stock one had an inch crack next to the engine mount whole. do you think using a thinner one is a better idea ?? we have huge jumps and many times you and on concrete.

do you think the BCE will be better than the stock one?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

It is a thinner chassis, but made out of better materials and the flex has been tuned into the chassis. Meaning that it will flex in areas that will give better bump handling and corner speed. I do believe that the you will feel an improvement over the Losi 2.0 chassis(once the set up has been tweaked a bit.) Cracking should not be an issue, but here in the States we don't have many concrete landings. You may want to purchase an extended motor mount (I believe Kings Head makes one) to prevent an more chassis damage.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

There is a losi chassis on ebay tonight, currently it is at $64. The bce is around $100. The cost does not bother me, I just want a good chassis from the get go.