Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey Frank L who did your wraps they look good
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ericspainter
hey Frank L who did your wraps they look good
Thanks man. Those are all from upgrade. You can see how they have evolved. The bottom ones are the oldest. But when I can slap a wrap on a body in 10-15 mins and it looks better than custom paint. Thats well worth it for me. I have stuff coming from fastlane right now. Its in the mail for the DNX buggy. I cant seem to get Crash to do them for the DNX.

Last edited by Frank L; 01-26-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I can match all my pit stuff and everyone knows its mine. And then theres the beauty and simplicity of the body wrap...

I love wraps

That's it Frank.
Everyone can tell who's gear it is.
I just got my new seasons wraps Too.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am curious as to how to do the pin striping around the windows when doing a wrap. Is this done after or is it part of the wrap.

I really want some striping around the windows but do not know how to do it.

Can someone chime in.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rcidcustom.com/upgraderc/...maskmugen.html

there's 2 sizes included....the larger one goes in as normal, after your done painting the smaller ones go in leaving a gap to paint the 'striping'
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imaxx21

there's 2 sizes included....the larger one goes in as normal, after your done painting the smaller ones go in leaving a gap to paint the 'striping'
Okay thanks. Trying to visual this.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Oh and can this be done with a rattle can.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

yes

you're over thinking it, its incredibly simple
Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

yes

you're over thinking it, its incredibly simple
Yep thats just me. I got it now. Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by dragracechief
Personally I don't use wraps because I want to paint my own stuff, I consider it part of the R/C expieriance and I like to do as much as possible myself. Much more gratifying when you do it yourself, but I also prefer designs that aren't so wild which is good because I'm not the best painter so it works out but I still want my stuff to look good and I think it does. This is strictly my opinion but it seems many just look for an easier way and I think thats sad, when you do it yourself it just has more personallity or your signature if you will. I guess theres nothing wrong with doing a wrap but I think there's more satisfation when you paint it yourself and it looks good. Just my opinion though.
Im with u dude!The reason why i love this hobby very much is bcoz u can do everything yourself accept u will need someone to do pitting for u but everything else represent u!If ur car run very well is bcoz of u built it and maintain it the right way.I paint my shell myself and im proud of it.Mayb it not the best paintjob in the world but its me doing it.I built,maintain,setting,paint the shell and its all me!!My car represent ME!!!
Attached Thumbnails Body wraps, whats the point?-imgp3116.jpg   Body wraps, whats the point?-imgp3625.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 AM
crd
Tech Regular

just a teaser for those who do not know how to wrap.
more to come

paco

http://vimeo.com/19599781
Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Default wrap question.......

i know that a wrap goes on the outside(duh) of the body BUT, do you have spray the inside of the body to FILL IN areas of the wrap that are transparent OR, is the entire wrap solid...??
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Most wraps you have to paint the inside in one or two colours.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 PM
crd
Tech Regular

Alex,

If you read the text below the video you will see that our decals are 100% FULL BODY WRAPS NO PAINT NEEDED wraps.

A small video on how to place the Custom Racing Decal Durango DNX408 full body wrap panels correctly (no paint needed)Use this video in combination with the instructional manual to be found on our website.

All panels we design are full color and the seams overlap 1 mm so if you turn the body inside out when ready you will see a full white inside no transparant places (if you did it correctly :-) )

I hope this info helps.

Paco

Last edited by crd; 02-08-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Here are my concerns with body wraps and why I dont use them.

-There is gaps of body everywhere. In order to hide these gaps, you find yourself painting the body a solid color and/or a 2-tone color anyways...

-Im all about perfection, and having the corner edges or even the straightline edges peel up is an eye sore.

-Eventually and/or sometimes... Dirt/liquid gets behind the skin and starts to deactivate the adhesive.

*I would definately use wraps as far as soldering/ott lights/temp guns/name decals/radios/regular decals though....*

I think a painted body will last longer then a wrapped one.. atleast in my own experience.
This is pretty much my opinion too. All the wraps I've ever seen you could tell it was a "wrap" seams or dirt stuck to the edges from the glue. To me, depending on the design they just don't look as "clean" . I saw a pic somewhere of kings kyosho where he had been running one. All these points are very obvious in it. It was on neo buggy ir extreme Rc mag. I forget. I do like matching all your eqpt and really like how names and logos are in the wrap and not separate stickers to peel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.