Wiki Posts
Search

tyrell p34 six wheel f1

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
nib
Tech Apprentice

Default tyrell p34 six wheel f1

we have started racing f1 class at my local club and i was wanting to race but was also wanting something different ive settled on the tyrell p34 six wheeled car.Has anyone here drivin it and if so was it worth building.This is a reference to the tamiya tyrell f103 car.Any experience anyone can share would be great.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nib
we have started racing f1 class at my local club and i was wanting to race but was also wanting something different ive settled on the tyrell p34 six wheeled car.Has anyone here drivin it and if so was it worth building.This is a reference to the tamiya tyrell f103 car.Any experience anyone can share would be great.
Have one built, raced and tested. Cool car to look at, cool car to drive.
But it's not competitive against normal F103's because of the tires and lack of movement on suspension upfront. If the track is a little bumpy, then there is not enough travel to have all front tires touch the ground. It's kinda what killed the real Tyrrell P34, Pirelli and Good Year did not want to spend money on one team's test on smaller tires while all the other teams raced normal tires. I have bought 4 sets of front sponge tires from Tamiya that i use on it, the rears are Zen 35's....

But as a casual car to drive for fun at the track or to display, it's great!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:23 PM
nib
Tech Apprentice

the foam tires are still available from tamiya i take it?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

I got one as a shelf queen but had to run it at my favorite track one time, dont get me wrong, I love this thing and I race pan cars, but............................UNDER-STEER
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darthsnouty
I got one as a shelf queen but had to run it at my favorite track one time, dont get me wrong, I love this thing and I race pan cars, but............................UNDER-STEER
Yes sir, just like the real F1.