Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Onroad WHICH ONE????????? >

Onroad WHICH ONE?????????

Onroad WHICH ONE?????????

Old 03-17-2002, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Red face Onroad WHICH ONE?????????

Hello everyone,

I have 300 dollars in my pocket and i know i want to start onroad racing. But now that i know that there are way to many onroad cars out there so i need help selecting one. If you guys can help me out it would be great. Thank you for reading
Old 03-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Onroad WHICH ONE?????????

Originally posted by audi_711
Hello everyone,

I have 300 dollars in my pocket and i know i want to start onroad racing. But now that i know that there are way to many onroad cars out there so i need help selecting one. If you guys can help me out it would be great. Thank you for reading
V One R fan here! As in which one, you have to decide yourself...
Old 03-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Who makes them

Who makes the v and r and how much do they go for and plus how would it compare to nitro tc3 and what engine should i put in it if i do gt it
Old 03-17-2002, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Get a Impulse Pro $275. No engine or electronics, but you get a fully ready to race in competition car. Carbon Fiber, aluminum, stabilizers, and pro set-ups. THe type of engines you should put in this car is Novarossi based engines because they have a record of winning most or all of the ROAR races.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Where in the world do you get an Impulse Pro for $275. I see them online for about $325 plus shipping and cheapest deal I can get locally is $307.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

first of all...is this gonna be your first nitro? if so...i doubt the impulse pro will work for you....wonderful car...but do you think you can handle a 60+mph nitro car with no brakes?
Old 03-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

If the $300 is the budget for the car, engine and radio, get
a Yokomo GT-4 RTR. It can go 60mph and yes you can brake
at any speed anywhere on the track

If it's for chassis alone, search on eBay for Trinity Reflex. I know
a hobby shop has been selling it for $217-$230.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Onroad WHICH ONE?????????

Hello everyone,

Best thing to do is buy the car which your local hobby shop carries parts for. Stick to cars such as the Kyosho V-ONE R, Mugen MTX-2, Yokomo GT-4, Serpent Impulse, Trinity Reflex, or Associated Nitro TC3. Those are probably the top brands right now. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses, and any good driver can make those cars perform really well. The most important thing for you is parts availabilty, price, and support from your Local Hobby Shop and Local racers. See what the local good racers run, and see what your hobby shop can easily stock up in terms of spare and hop up parts. Those cars I mentioned you can't go wrong.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The GT4 RTR seems like it would be perfect for your budget and its all ready a winning chassis design.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Turtle On Nitro
first of all...is this gonna be your first nitro? if so...i doubt the impulse pro will work for you....wonderful car...but do you think you can handle a 60+mph nitro car with no brakes?

60+ That depends mostly on the engine. Not the car so much.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default So GT4?

Hi,
I have been driving my 1/8 mugen with a .21 os engine with a tuned pipe for like a while now so i know i can handle the speed but i dont know if the GT4 handles good where i am going to race the drives are going to drive tc3, rs4 2, 2 mtx2, 1 v and r and like a few ob4s so do you guys think a GT4 with a os .12 crx and a tuned pipe could beat them? i know you guys are going to syait depend i you are a good driver but then again this will eb my first race car and i dont want to go wrong with it so let me know
Old 03-18-2002, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: So GT4?

Hi,
I have been driving my 1/8 mugen with a .21 os engine with a tuned pipe for like a while now so i know i can handle the speed but i dont know if the GT4 handles good where i am going to race the drives are going to drive tc3, rs4 2, 2 mtx2, 1 v and r and like a few ob4s so do you guys think a GT4 with a os .12 crx and a tuned pipe could beat them? i know you guys are going to syait depend i you are a good driver but then again this will eb my first race car and i dont want to go wrong with it so let me know
well it all depends on how well you car is set up. With a good set up and some good driving you will do good. But if you have the choice and the money get the trinity reflex and some v 1 r stuff to make it take a hit and hand them their asses
Old 03-18-2002, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default So now i am looking for a gt4

Yo would anyone have pictures of there setup and if they race can u please tell me what place u came in... i should know it dpend on how you drive so can somone post pictures of the gt4 so i now what i am going to get
Old 03-18-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

cool just make sure that you get the gt4 pro its the best bang for your buck. and make sure that when you order it you get the yokomo diff grease hard med and soft, because the gt4 does not have sealed diffs and silicone diff lube will leak out. have fun and BTW you might have some trouble with the TC3's and the MTX2, and dont forget the class of the field the V1R
Old 03-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by nova racer
......and dont forget the class of the field the V1R
Man! Kyosho should employ you to do their advertisments! What a punch line!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.