Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Touring car choices >

Touring car choices

Touring car choices

Old 04-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Back when I got interested in TC's Yokomo, and the Street weapon were the only real choices. But as with other posts, I'd pick a TC3 out of the pack if I did it all over again, XXX-S would be a hard second.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOW what agreat response for TC3!!!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If i started over again, i would get an xray evo2 or maybe the new factory ride. Its so adjustable and rides so nice. I improved my best amount of laps with the tc3 by 2 laps.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Right on!!! the best car I have ever had. It just feels so solid !!
cant wait for my fk to come in
Old 04-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just recently made a new car purchase so I can tell you how I came to my decision.

I was looking to replace my XXX-S, which had gotten a little long in the tooth, plus I was tired of the lack of droop screws and having to come up with my own ways of setting droop (It still upsets me a little that losi NEVER redesigned those things...but took the time to design outdrives with ball bearings... )

Anyway, I was looking for a car with a sealed drvietrain (diffs) in order to reduce maintaince as much as possible, that had a graphite chassis, and a car that required no real hop-ups just to survive a race....and oh yeah, some functional droop screws!

My choice wasn't really a hard one. The HPI Pro 4. It's got all the aluminum bits already, has a sealed drivetrain, and of course has the bling factor covered with the graphite chassis. I was also impressed by the overall design of the car...very well thought out. Kudos to it's designer.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I found out I never really like belt drive. The car that I really miss (and in process of building a fresh one) is Tamiya TB01. It's a toy compared to TC3, Yok SD, Pro 4 and TB Evo III, but I had the most fun with it. The things that I was able to do with car was unimaginable compared to my experience in TC3 eventhough the TC was dialed in by my fellow racer.

My Top Five would be this order:
1. TB01 CF+Long arms (based on experience)
2. TB Evo III
3. TC3
4. SD
5. Pro 4

A lot of people will laugh...oh well :P
Old 04-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by cartmen34
I just recently made a new car purchase so I can tell you how I came to my decision.

I was looking to replace my XXX-S, which had gotten a little long in the tooth, plus I was tired of the lack of droop screws and having to come up with my own ways of setting droop (It still upsets me a little that losi NEVER redesigned those things...but took the time to design outdrives with ball bearings... )

Anyway, I was looking for a car with a sealed drvietrain (diffs) in order to reduce maintaince as much as possible, that had a graphite chassis, and a car that required no real hop-ups just to survive a race....and oh yeah, some functional droop screws!

My choice wasn't really a hard one. The HPI Pro 4. It's got all the aluminum bits already, has a sealed drivetrain, and of course has the bling factor covered with the graphite chassis. I was also impressed by the overall design of the car...very well thought out. Kudos to it's designer.
don't forget weak front gears and tweaked from the factory.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
don't forget weak front gears and tweaked from the factory.
While that may be true for some..not me. Haven't broken a gear yet, and my car is nice and true throughout.

and less we forget....the Pro 4 is a brand new car and some growing pains happen with all new cars.

and Losi has had 3+ years to fix their droop screw situation and they still haven't, and fairly obviously never will.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hmmmm

TAO4-R
Old 04-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Hello! Anybody home? I've had XXX-S' from the first to the last generation, and the car has always had droop screws....
Old 04-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MartinSorlie
Hello! Anybody home? I've had XXX-S' from the first to the last generation, and the car has always had droop screws....
I think he meant that the car Droop screw are in the front bumper which flexs. So the droop Doesnt Stay even
Old 04-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Humm... But still, it's not a big problem, I would change other things on that car first
Old 04-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

i wouldnt even have got a tc..they are nothing but tuner freaks...i would have went with either another gas truck xxx-nt drake or a xxx-b2k or wait till the new mf truck come out
Old 04-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

I'd get a Brokomo
Old 04-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Well i would probably buy a pro4 because i can get parts locally and it seems to be a great design. Only if i had the money.

But i will stick to my tc3 for now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.