Wiki Posts
Search

UPGRADE PIT BAG

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default UPGRADE PIT BAG

Anyone else here buy an Upgrade Pit bag ? What was your experience with it.

After 2 weekend races, the the bottom of the side pocket ripped right out, and the main zipper quit working after 1 month. The worst part was, I didn't even carry my car in it! This thing is horrible quality, and I wouldn't buy one if you're considering it, unless maybe you use it for a towel bag.

I emailed Upgrade twice and offered to send pics, months ago but still haven't heard back from them .. apparently their customer service is non-existant . I used this bag for less than one month, all light use. I should have bought a Wing-Tote instead.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

DIALED INC!!!

www.dialedinc.com
Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
Anyone else here buy an Upgrade Pit bag ? What was your experience with it.

After 2 weekend races, the the bottom of the side pocket ripped right out, and the main zipper quit working after 1 month. The worst part was, I didn't even carry my car in it! This thing is horrible quality, and I wouldn't buy one if you're considering it, unless maybe you use it for a towel bag.

I emailed Upgrade twice and offered to send pics, months ago but still haven't heard back from them .. apparently their customer service is non-existant . I used this bag for less than one month, all light use. I should have bought a Wing-Tote instead.
After a season, my Racers Edge 'tote' just keeps on keepin on!

http://www.racers-edge.com/1_8_Car_H..._p/rce2016.htm

I didn't know if it was going to be a good one or not, but it's turned out to be a great package.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

does anyone make a bag similar to the old dirt bagz duffel?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (99%+)

the old dirtz duffle bag is the sh!t. i have had mine for about 10 years now and that thing is still rockin along. the large compartment zipper finally gave out about 6 months ago but i never really zipped it up anyways. the bag is just amazing
Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ya thanks for making me feel jealous.

I remember seeing one on ebay when I first got back into this but failed to pull the trigger figuring I could get one new, not realizing dirtbagz is no more. had one of there radio bags back in the day and I used my entire 1/10 career. good stuff.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (99%+)

thats what mine is, back from my 1/10 scale racing days. it doesnt hold the 1/8 buggy very well, so now i use it for transporting tires, fuel, battery charger, pit light, those type of things. but man is it a bad azz bag. if i could find another one i would jump all over it. i really wish they were still around. they would be at the top of the board with there stuff thats for sure
Old 03-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dirtbagz is still doing business call Derek @ 949-548-8533 he doesn't do any r/c stuff but if we all bug him he might start building bagz for everybody he does a lot of big offroad tell him heath sosa sent you
Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I have had my upgrade bag for year or two I put my buggy- starter box - radio which was in a metal case in the big compartment and a gallon of fuel - fuel bottle and gun and a spray bottle of simple green in the small side and no problems at all !!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

horrible quality? We have sold 100's of those bags without any complaints...

PM me your name and where you bought it, and ill take care of it
Old 03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

My upgrade bag is doing fine. It is holding together fine. I've had it for a bit over a year and it has always been packed VERY HEAVY. A couple of the feet have fallen off the bottom from sliding it on the floor, and the main zipper only zips open and closed one way, but for the abuse it's taken it deserves to be a bit beat up.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by imaxx21
horrible quality? We have sold 100's of those bags without any complaints...

PM me your name and where you bought it, and ill take care of it
Im sure its a great bag but I think he was implying the lack of communication from you guys. I know you guys have been ubber busy but a major rule to never let slip is customer service. By the way Im an upgrade customer and always will be. Just merely a suggestion.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My upgrade bag tore at the zipper and around the shoulder strap ....i have since not used it for anything but Super light stuff which kinda defeats the purpose of the bag.....i feel the newer bag with the wheels is of Much better quality material and should be a lot better then the first gen.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First, I want to apologize if I sounded somewhat bitter. I was just upset that I never even got a response from them when I emailed, I didn't even want a refund, nor did I ask for one. I just wanted to make them aware, and to see if maybe this was an odd case, or a common problem. I don't usually like to put up posts like this because they can get ugly, and that is not my intent here.

I would also like to make it clear that I would never imply anything bad about the Upgrade product line..I just had bad luck with one of their items..it happens, no biggie, but I did expected some kind of response when I emailed them, and was quite surprised. But as someone mentioned, they could just have been very busy at the time, and I understand that too.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

thanks guys...we do what we can to respond to all the emails, yours might have slipped through or got caught in the spam filter who knows..

i got your PM, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.