Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the D8T worth the money??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? Is the D8T worth the money??

Hello guys. I'am thinking to get a D8T, just because of the price. I've run alot of Mugen truggy and buggy, and i know that Mugen are top of the line vehicule, but i can't buy another Mugen for the next season, it's too much money for me.

But i'am very anxious about getting the D8T. It's only $350.00, but is this truggy is reliable, is the plastic is good, is the aluminium is solid???

I have a friend of me who have the D8 buggy, and he hate this buggy.

So please, let me know the real thing about the D8T.

I don't like to spend my money to buy scrap

I know, they have a big thread on the D8T, but i don't nead all the infos of this thread, i only want the necessary to make a choice.

Thank you
Old 02-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i will only say one thing, i would rather buy a 350 USED Mugen/Losi/Kyosho/Xray Truggy rather than buying a new D8T
no wonder your friend hates the D8 buggy.

i know many will hate me for this, so its only and purely and 110% my personal opinion gathered from what ive seen and heard from High profile HB team drivers.

cheers
Ali
Old 02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I drive a D8 and love it but i do maintance my stuff before i have any issues and for the D8t Tye Tessman just won the Nitro Challange with it and i know alot of people who swicthed to the D8t from losis, mugens so i am sure there good. the only issues i seen with them was the pin coming out but if you read the D8T thread u will find all the info u need.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Ty Tessman could have won driving a RTR 200 dollars Truggy. dont compare ourselves to the Pros.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so if you buy a mugen/xray/losi it's only good for one year????

B.S.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I run D8 and D8t, both STOCK except on the buggy I installed the WCE dirve shafts. I have raced the truggy 5 times and done very well with it won every race except 1..infact just won today with d8T and took 2nd with D8 buggy...I have had zero issues with both vehicles.

Ryan
Old 02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

just like any car you got your lovers and your haters. I had this same problem spend 300 on the buggy or 600 on the losi. I picked the d8 and im happy i did. Ive driven the associated and the d8 both and the d8 imo is hands down better. It rocks. Do it.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

It is based on the D8 platform, plastic suspension arms are a soft plastic and bend over time but are cheap to replace. Like all things you get what you pay for. Saying that you get a lot for your money with the D8T
Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Thats funny u say that i mean from your post u said alot of high profile people from HB said bad thing about the D8T wouldnt Tessman be a high profile.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
i will only say one thing, i would rather buy a 350 USED Mugen/Losi/Kyosho/Xray Truggy rather than buying a new D8T
no wonder your friend hates the D8 buggy.

i know many will hate me for this, so its only and purely and 110% my personal opinion gathered from what ive seen and heard from High profile HB team drivers.

cheers
Ali
Good idea, probably looking for this
Old 02-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DPowers
Thats funny u say that i mean from your post u said alot of high profile people from HB said bad thing about the D8T wouldnt Tessman be a high profile.
dont get me wrong, am not trying to get into an argument, Ty will drive anything on earth. i didnt meet Ty, i met other drivers and i didnt say that they said bad things about the D8 family, they said it needs alot of option parts to strengthen the car/truck not to have issues like shock towers breakage or diffs, pins, couplers problems.

cheers

Ali
Old 02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

dont get me wrong, am not trying to get into an argument, Ty will drive anything on earth. i didnt meet Ty, i met other drivers and i didnt say that they said bad things about the D8 family, they said it needs alot of option parts to strengthen the car/truck not to have issues like shock towers breakage or diffs, pins, couplers problems.

cheers

Ali
No arguement here neither but i will say this i have run a D8 and my son runs a D8 mine has lighten parts and tekno 112 rear shock tower and his is stock and i have no more problems out of the D8 than i have mugen,losi that i have own alot of people said the D8 had major cvd poblems a little wear yes but nothing like i have heard and no diff problems either the car is really good just dont have the $500 price tag.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The vehicle is obviously capable of winning races and it sounds like it fits your budget. Cant imagine why anyone would hate it.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Ty Tessman could have won driving a RTR 200 dollars Truggy. dont compare ourselves to the Pros.
no way,he's good but not that good.It not xray good parts, but your get your moneys worth.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mathiew
Good idea, probably looking for this
You know what I just bought one and I am completely satisfied with it. And last week at the Nitro Challenge I spoke to Ty and his dad about the product and they helped me out with a few things. With me it wasn't about the money but having HPI products before and the cs you get from them makes them an even better choice . Go for it you won't be disapointed.

One more thing you can get them from Ultimatehobbies.com in Orange CA, shipped for $299

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.