Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Exotek Chassis?? >

Exotek Chassis??

Exotek Chassis??

Old 06-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've always had problems viewing their site in Internet Explorer and Firefox. I usually have to use Opera to view their site. There's some javascript running on their site that likes to chew up memory in IE and to a lesser extent FF. Once you get to their online store the issue clears up.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Case in point.. just sitting on the homepage my browser was hitting 70% CPU utilization and 140mb+ of ram?? This was taken after only 10-15 seconds of just sitting on the homepage.
Attached Thumbnails Exotek Chassis??-exotek_site.jpg  
Old 06-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default 008/009 chassis

so, what kind of difference will I see if I run the Exotek 008/009 lipo chassis vs the stock Xray EU chassis?
Better for carpet, asphalt? what have been the most noticeable differences?

I appreciate time that any take to respond. Just picked up a 008, I have been running an FK05 for several years now. Decided to move up a few years.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default 008/009 chassis

anyone to the previous post have an answer?

thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for your support all!

Originally Posted by Serzoni
I've always had problems viewing their site in Internet Explorer and Firefox. I usually have to use Opera to view their site. There's some javascript running on their site that likes to chew up memory in IE and to a lesser extent FF. Once you get to their online store the issue clears up.
Our site uses transparent images which are known problems for older versions of some web browsers. Be sure to have the newest IE installed for proper performance.

Originally Posted by oldrcr
so, what kind of difference will I see if I run the Exotek 008/009 lipo chassis vs the stock Xray EU chassis?

I appreciate time that any take to respond. Just picked up a 008, I have been running an FK05 for several years now. Decided to move up a few years.

Thanks
Improved overall grip when using rubber tires on carpet or asphalt. This means more steering as well as rear end stability. Not recommended for foam tires.

Originally Posted by Way2Evl
I've heard somewhere that Exotek has 2.5mm version, 2.3mm version and trying to get a 2.25mm version working. Is this true?
Depending on the cars bulkhead width and length some of our chassis are 2.0 and some are 2.3mm. Going to 2.25 is tricky and would require a different supplier of weave and right now I'm hesitant to change our formula right now because it can dramatically alter the cut finish.

Originally Posted by bencason
MikeR

Does Exotek still offer a lower chassis plate for the Xray T2'007 ?

I would like to have a replacement since the one on the car seems to be pretty heavily scarred from the prior owner running on asphalt. I don't know if the damage is critical [i.e., likely to break on the next hard impact] or mostly cosmetic. I would like to have a spare in either case.
We've never made a chassis for the 007 but because there has been so many requests we do have a prototype in the works Expect a late July release for the 007.

Originally Posted by over gear
when will the TA05 chassis be available?
Dito! Scheduled to come off the machines late July also
Old 06-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR

We've never made a chassis for the 007 but because there has been so many requests we do have a prototype in the works Expect a late July release for the 007.

Dito! Scheduled to come off the machines late July also

Nice!! Can't wait to put it on my 007 xray. Still my favorite Xray!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Difference

Originally Posted by oldrcr

Thanks
Doesnt drag the outer edge on high speed corners..Balances a treat, Makes the car more lively, No more tape, fixes the slight rear bulkhead hole just a little out issue..On mine and some others i have heard,,Using the T3..
Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

So I purchased the new Exotek Chassis for my Tamiya 416X, my initial setup with the stock chassis was down right awsome out of the box with some spring and other chages made for PARKING-LOT set up.
Stock drove really well very easy to drive both fast and slow, had a ton of steering as well as grip throuh out the whole track.

Received the Exotek Chassis on Friday, my initial inspection was very impressed with fit and finish as well as the Instructions it came with was very straight foward. I proceeded to prep the chassis as I would with any new car by wet-sanding the edges to knock off the sharpness and sanded the pulley slot as well. Then CA'ed the edges with a Q-tip to seal the carbon from any splinters in the future.
Disassembled the stock chassis and put the parts on the new deck, with the Exotek it has optional slots to flip the pulleys to allow the electronics be moved more to the center of the car. Everything went together with out a hitch.
Took the car to Hobbytown this past Sunday and took a few warm-up laps to get ta feel of the track and shakedown the car again by checking tracking of the car and to see if there were any noticable changes in handling compared to the stock chassis. The car had noticable more corner speed and no initial push or oversteer what so ever!! I di howeverchange the springs on the car to make up for the lighter weight of the car and some added flex in the chassis.
What was an awsome car to begin with, this option made it even better all across the board!!! Tunability by moving the batterie position for and aft or in and out for better blance. To be able to flip the pulleys also to move the electonics to the center. The amount of adjustments are endless!!!
I opted for the Carbon Batterie straps so Ican add my own weight to get the balance right, but they still have the Steel batterie option also. I'm VERY HAPPY I made this upgrade tomy Tamiya and would highly recomend it to all racers looking for another option/hop-up to there TC's. Especially now that most if not all racers use Lipo's and securing and getting the balance right on a on-road car is crucial, this will help out trmendously and look good also:nodyes:

Jaws

Side by Side, yo can see the difference in width and optional cut-outs for flipping the diffs

top view with Servo and Receiver installed,you can see the carbon cups for the Lipo batterie

Servo with the Mount on, the stock mout is actually laid down. Being a narrower chassis it requires a mount for the outside part of servo

And depending on the Motor/ESC/Receiver/Lipo, just add the right amount of weight to get the car balanced left to right for optimal handling. For front to rear depends on how the car is reacting and adjust acordingly. My Balanced ride....:drool:

Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

clean!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i ordered my chassis for the T3 today

any build tips ???

got it with the metal battery holder and the carbon ones as extra
Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
HARRY- Yes, TA05v2 lipo chassis is in the works For now, it is for the stock IFS suspension but maybe we can update the top plate later for non IFS (which I prefer myself).
Hi MikeR

I saw ur last post that the TA05v2 (IFS susp) will be out in July. Any chances that the TA05 (normal susp) will be out? If yes, when will that be?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys,

just a small question, i'm getting my T3 within few days, will drive on carpet (track is 90' by 50') with 10' lines.

do you recommend the exotec chassis to start with or shall i run with my stocker first??

will i see big improvment switching from the stocker to the exotek one??

if so, what are the main advantages of running the exotek??

cheers

Ali
Old 07-02-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

stock chassies is good enough on the Xray T3. But it might be hard to setup the car tho.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
stock chassies is good enough on the Xray T3. But it might be hard to setup the car tho.
what if am good at setting up cars and have few tips and advices from a Pro driver??
Old 09-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey All,

I just installed my exotek on my 009 with the weight add-on option.

I find that the battery taping option is very awkward, I cant get a piece of tape in that slot for the life of me, unless im doing something wrong.

What are the options here? What are other guys doing to strap the battery down with the weight being installed?

I've kinda fabricated a strap down like how 12scales use the rubber band idea.

thanks

s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.