F1 Racing

Old 11-01-2001, 10:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up ofna f1

I found a brand new Ofna nitro F1 at Americas Hobby Center Man I don't know if any of you have this car but it is mad fast!!! The only thing is that they dont make them anymore and you know what that means difficulty in gettin parts. Anyone else have this car? Are som e of the tamiya parts compatible? This is my first nitro car so any help would be appreceiated. I took it to the track last night, whoa even though i was the only one with a nitro f1 they let me race around with the touring cars! Big mistake!!! Was way to fast for them and handling was pretty good. I'd say you could really tweak the chassis to make it handle better than I had it. But that is what practice is for!!! I hope one of the other manufacturers comes out with a nitro f1!! Maybe I'll buy a 1/5 nitro F1!!
Well Thanks again!!! Peace out!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 10:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

AdrianM: caught you guys off guard with how heavy the demand would be for it huh? It is a really sweet car. My favorite part about it is being able to mount the battery down the middle instead of accross the chassis.

psycho: yeah, I knew about the two version.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Darkside,

I am running the battery positioned like the Tamiya, I added the housing for the other mounting, and put my electronics in there, now theyare guarded like a fortress, but the real reason, was the servo lead I had was not long enough to reach my reciever when mounted on the "Wing" and I really wanted to run the car. Having the battery like that is also great for longer races, cause it comes out pretty easy.

Hobbipro..

Actually, it is in a parkinglot track, and I grazed the "Wall" coming onto the backstretch. The car tumble 15 feet, I was sure it was broken. The lower front arms are really interesting, they are fiber, encapsulated with plastic....The upperone are plastic, and kinda bendy... not sure how it effect handling though....
Old 11-01-2001, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

DARKSIDE. We meet again. Hey and what you know....we're agreeing!

I still hold a stock of Corally and HPI F1s which I shan't be selling easily since there's no more F1 racing.

I sell the composite Corally F1 for around $200 and the composite HPI for about $160.

If any of you guys are interested I have them both in stock with masses of parts, wheels, tyres, bodyshells too.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Has anyone run the Cross mercedes GTP body ? I had one in my hands... and it looks great....
Old 11-01-2001, 01:21 PM
Regional Moderator

spooky: Noooooo, no GTP! Only F1 bodies!

Just set the GTP down and sloooooowly back away!
Old 11-01-2001, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

I just got a cool Cross Williams body today! Sweet! Now all I need is some Compaq stickers.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:34 PM
Regional Moderator

psycho: Where did you get the Cross body from?
Old 11-01-2001, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Darkside

He he he! Castle Hobbies had a couple Cross bodies and my buddy and I got the last ones. My buddy got a 70's Ferrari body. I'm not sure which exact model. The interesting thing is that Cross does not show F1 bodies on their webpage. Castle is supposed to be ordering more of them. www.castlehobbies.com They are pretty nice and come with a figure too.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:54 PM
Regional Moderator

psycho: thats cool. I wasn't looking for right now anyway. I still have two Ferrari bodies and one (ugh!) McLaren body to go through before I will need another one.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Corally F-1

I would like to thank every one for sharring information on the Corally F-1.
I have the graphite pro version and it is unbelievable. I love cars that are fast out of the box and you don't have to buy any extras.
I did change the steering linkages to ball caps and turnbuckles. It seemed to work fine, I don't know why they recommend not changing it?
I also changed the battery position, right now it is horizontal, like the Tamiya. I know have the room to mount my electrics.
Joe from Malta I am interested in your saddle position, do you have a picture of it? What did you use to make the tray?
For the gearing I changed it to a 112 spur and 26 pinion @ 64pitch. With the P2K I was running that thing is like a rocket..
Those were the only changes I have made, other than that I dont think I have to anything else to the car.
On asphalt I ran purple in the front and green in the rear.
Now its carpet season and I thinking of running the same setup, what do you guys think?
Oh by the way has anyone found a better way to mount the front tires?
Old 11-02-2001, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To All-You can see pics of parts and the F-1 bodies in the Japanese side of www.rc-cross.com.

I usually open a 2nd window and run the English site in one and the Japan site in the other. I look at the pics and part #'s on the Japan site and refer to the English site for descriptions.

The pics of the F-1 bodies and the GTP's are on the 2nd Japanese body page.

Enjoy!
Old 11-04-2001, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmmm. Too bad there isn't an on-road track near me or I would be tempted to save up and buy me an F103RX, these F1 cars look like alot of fun. I know someone who has an old F1 kit I just don't know what kind and havn't seen it. Next time I see him I'll ask him about it.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

Ran the Cross car this weekend. It got sooo much attention. 3 more guys at the local track ordered them. I also learned the hard way that the aluminium hinge pin mount is the first hop up I need. After the run I changed the axel to an F103 carbon unit, hopefully that will help a little with my acceleration. This is now my fav car.....

Anyone have experience with tuning the suspension on these cars ?

I can see a fair amount of intrest in F1 cars again.... this is great.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2001, 07:38 AM
Regional Moderator

spooky: I have also noticed an increased interest in the F1 racing. Its definitely not over whelming yet, but there is progress being made.

The F1 cars are just really nice. A best of all, they look great out on the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.