Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X ray 808 hubs on a losi 8??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

trust me leave the slop. once u take it out the handling goes away.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
Losi seems to have a idea that a RC model does not have to be so exact. That is why they have so much slop in all there cars.
On a side note the Xray does look alot like the Losi so why should I pay more for extra parts and buy online just for the Xray name? Hmmm
Yes, the front suspension is a dead ringer for the losi, but that's where the similarities end. I bet if there wasn't a difference between the metric and standard size of the losi, they could be interchangeable. I used to run a losi, and honestly I couldn't make it work for me, so for a year and a half i was in RC limbo trying to find a car that suited me. I found the 808 and haven't felt the need to drive any other car. Even cars like the durango look enticing, but I doubt it'll give me any advantage over the 808. Last thing, and then I'm done, your not paying for a name when you buy xray. and last time I checked a losi was just as much as an xray. parts prices are a bit more, but you won't go through near as many with an Xray.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the slop shits me i run 4deg camber all round and it still looks like this when loaded up in a corner (im the green car)
i carnt stand it my xray buggy handles just fine with no slop i no the mugen truggy dont have anywhere near the slop the losi does, i say its there excuse to say it handles better like that, bullshit its just poor plastic compounds most of the slop is in the camber plastics and balls im going to shima as much as poss and replace camber plastics or balls if i can
Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have always heard nothing but high quality in the Xray rollers. I have had a few Losi kits and had good results other then the 1st version of the Losi 8ight. Maybe I need to take the extra step and try Xray to in the slop nightmare.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Prophet

4 degress of camber what? dam that will worn your tires out bad.
yea losi defiely handle better with ,slop no big deal and i have the 1st gen buggy/truggy .
Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
A losi drives much better after the first 2 gallons. It drives my friends crazy to see all the slop in my Losi buggy but all i can say is it drives GREAT.
+1 on that
Old 02-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have to say that Losi cars dont seem to get as upset as other cars even without any setup . People who suck with other cars seem to instantly get better with the losi. I used to think it was the extra length , but maybe its the extreme slop adding an extra degree of " suspension" lol .
Old 02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Losi cars get a bit sloppier than others. But anyone that actually races their losi's and doesn't just sit there looking at it's "slop", will tell you it has no negative impact on the handling. In fact quite the opposite! Just like thenova70ss said, they handle MUCH better after a couple of gallons through them.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mine got significantly better as it broke in...
Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I remember racing my old XXX buggy. I was trying to shim hear and shim there and the only thing happen was it got slower. So Losi is like sex. The more sloppy the better. Yummy
Old 02-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

each to there own i supose
only time will tell we may see this improve over time, when i say 4deg thats just roughly as u carnt realy get a acurate gage with this car cause of the slop, i would call it varible camber LOL
Old 02-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Xray makes their cars so tight so they can make you believe you need their expensive as hell setup station, when all you really need is a height gauge and a camber gauge.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Yes, the front suspension is a dead ringer for the losi, but that's where the similarities end. I bet if there wasn't a difference between the metric and standard size of the losi, they could be interchangeable. I used to run a losi, and honestly I couldn't make it work for me, so for a year and a half i was in RC limbo trying to find a car that suited me. I found the 808 and haven't felt the need to drive any other car. Even cars like the durango look enticing, but I doubt it'll give me any advantage over the 808. Last thing, and then I'm done, your not paying for a name when you buy xray. and last time I checked a losi was just as much as an xray. parts prices are a bit more, but you won't go through near as many with an Xray.
Xrays are about 20% more over here. Kyosho is even worse, they cost nearly 60% more than Losi and Hong Nor(Jammin). That's what I call paying for a label.