Best money spent on RC

Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO -

PT
LIPOs
Radios

are not extras, if you are a racer you will have these regardless.

Now -

GOOD TOOLS - I love my Losi tools, Dynamite, Team Associated, Mugen, Hudy, Snap On, Rc Pro, ect - makes good tools.

GOOD CHARGER - Dynamite Passport Ultra, Hyperion, Team Losi, DuraTrax IntelliPeak, Team Orion Advantage Clubman, ECT

TRACK SETUP - Ezup - Table - Cooler w/beer - towels, Cleaning Brush, wd40, simple green, ect

ZIP TIES
TAPE
18 inch nails
Beer

Tshirt representing
Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geejay
IMO -

PT
LIPOs
Radios

are not extras, if you are a racer you will have these regardless.

Now -

GOOD TOOLS - I love my Losi tools, Dynamite, Team Associated, Mugen, Hudy, Snap On, Rc Pro, ect - makes good tools.

GOOD CHARGER - Dynamite Passport Ultra, Hyperion, Team Losi, DuraTrax IntelliPeak, Team Orion Advantage Clubman, ECT

TRACK SETUP - Ezup - Table - Cooler w/beer - towels, Cleaning Brush, wd40, simple green, ect

ZIP TIES
TAPE
18 inch nails
Beer

Tshirt representing
I don't agree........although i do agree good tools are very important! they will save a lot of frustration.

personals are not a requirement, our house rack gets used. and i like just hitting the track, no worries........

and a spektrum radio isn't a requirement, a lot of guys use crystals and synthesized. not having to wait on a frequency clip to practice is right up there with the PT

There are a lot of people out there who race and cant spend the money they WANT to on things that are not a necessity. if there was you wouldn't have a blue million threads about which 200$ engine is best.......

Last edited by BAUSTIN; 02-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

-engine bearing removal tool
- starter box
- PT
-Trip to Nitro party (december 2009) in Pattaya Thailand
-Panadol

Ali
Old 02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

im a hardcore racer of 10 years now and i have to say the best thing iv bought to date has been my race trailer. no loading, un loading, getting raind on, just get there and have fun! PT and starter box a close second
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I cant believe I forgot this one.

Baby wipes. I buy them by the case.

I use them on

My Hands
Radio Tray
Lid Cleaning
Wheel Cleaning
Cleans My Tools
And Last but not least. They are perfect when nature calls at the track while visiting the ever not so popular porta poty. So clean.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have to say that the best thing I ever got to "help" with my RC addiction was my Toyota Tacoma. Being able just to toss everything in the bed makes life soo much easier after a long day at the track. It also makes it alot easier for all my other hobbies as well.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

those lunsford losi 8 damper screws for the arms

buying a mbx6

going to preworlds
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gsrman4885
I have to say that the best thing I ever got to "help" with my RC addiction was my Toyota Tacoma. Being able just to toss everything in the bed makes life soo much easier after a long day at the track. It also makes it alot easier for all my other hobbies as well.
Until you have uncontrollable acceleration.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN
I don't agree........although i do agree good tools are very important! they will save a lot of frustration.

personals are not a requirement, our house rack gets used. and i like just hitting the track, no worries........

and a spektrum radio isn't a requirement, a lot of guys use crystals and synthesized. not having to wait on a frequency clip to practice is right up there with the PT

There are a lot of people out there who race and cant spend the money they WANT to on things that are not a necessity. if there was you wouldn't have a blue million threads about which 200$ engine is best.......

xjqkz wrote - "in your opinion whats the best, totally worth it tool / accessory you have bought that totally make things better? it could be anything from a set of tools or a power driver or a volt meter or a setup station or a clutch tool or could even be a computer game to improve your driving or anything at all state how much you spent if you remember and pics if you have any."

Now I have been to a few tracks that do not have PT to borrow... You MUST bring your own. Now its MY opinion, that PTs and good RADIOs are part of racing. And its not ALOT of guys (racers) using old technology, a few yes. ALOT no.

He did not asked what was required. he asked whats worth it. And IMO 2.4 radio, liop, pt are so worth it that every racer I know, have these things. Racing these things are expensive as hell whether you buy 2x$200 engines or 1 - $400 engine.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
Until you have uncontrollable acceleration.
The tacoma isn't on that recall. Besides, I have enough common sense to do this really smart thing called shifting into neutral. It makes the truck NOT speed up.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

The tacoma isn't on that recall. Besides, I have enough common sense to do this really smart thing called shifting into neutral. It makes the truck NOT speed up.
hahahahahaha
Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

My custom built work bench. Without it everything else would make working on my cars to difficult.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You know ive wondered the same thing. these cars going crazy and causing accidents.....whyt not just turn off the ignition?.....or put it in neutral....i heard the tape of the off duty cop who died and i wonder why not turn off the key?...its to simple i must be missing something......
Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

for me it would have to be my Hudy tools
but my best one is my GRP engine bearing tool kit
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN
You know ive wondered the same thing. these cars going crazy and causing accidents.....whyt not just turn off the ignition?.....or put it in neutral....i heard the tape of the off duty cop who died and i wonder why not turn off the key?...its to simple i must be missing something......

I guess it depends on how fast you think in a crisis. I had the brake lines in a Pontiac rupture (just like in the movies when the brakes are cut) and I was able to stop it....but I was only going 30 MPH at the time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.