Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black diamond setups

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dumper
Around 2.79 depending on motor on profile 5.
Brian,

What's your set up for the BD for World GT? You coming out to the paved Nationals in California this year?

s-
Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby
Brian,

What's your set up for the BD for World GT? You coming out to the paved Nationals in California this year?

s-
steve I am going run my BD tomorrow at norcal for the first time I practise with it wedesday and it ran good on my 1/12 scale car.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rack
steve I am going run my BD tomorrow at norcal for the first time I practise with it wedesday and it ran good on my 1/12 scale car.

Cool! I want to see it run. I'm getting tired of all of this computer mumbo, jumbo. It would be nice just to set the speed control and race!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Raced my BD for the first time lastnight..

My car was the let down shock problems however once it ran...

WOW what a ESC, it left the Tekins down the straight and the zip out of the corners was mind blowing..

I was running a 10.5 LRP x12 the low down torque on this motor really helped and takes good advantage of the dynamic timing on the BD.

Need to find a good gearing setup, for the car before unlocking the real potential of this ESC.. First impressions count and know I would go and buy another one right now.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Will the BD come with white wire in the future? If so, I'd pay $500 for one!

http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...tcyclone-1.jpg

I was one of the bigger BD haters early on (due to cost, availability). I only recently actually got to fondle one that was new in the package, and the build quality is pretty spectacular. Certainly doesn't feel like a circuit board rattling around inside a piece of plastic like an LRP.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Will the BD come with white wire in the future? If so, I'd pay $500 for one!

http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...tcyclone-1.jpg

I was one of the bigger BD haters early on (due to cost, availability). I only recently actually got to fondle one that was new in the package, and the build quality is pretty spectacular. Certainly doesn't feel like a circuit board rattling around inside a piece of plastic like an LRP.
That is very cool, nice work
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Looking for BD ESC setup for TC 2S

FDR?
profile?
motor timing?

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Looking for BD ESC setup for TC 2S

FDR?
profile?
motor timing?

Thanks.
Sorry, forget to mention motor type = 17.5

Thx
Old 03-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Sorry, forget to mention motor type = 17.5

Thx
Basically this thread went cold and the newer one "DB who has run one" has taken off.

Tonight a couple of Oz's best will go head to head in 17.5. One with BD the other with the current king of the hill. I say wait about 6hrs and you will hear all about it.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran this setup on my small home track with a SpeedPassion V3 17.5 last week:
FDR: 3.9
Profile 5
Maximum timing

It was very fast, some people said it was the fastest 17.5 theyve seen but the high cornerspeed played in pretty much.
This is on the edge though, i had some fade after 4 minutes but since it was 0.1 sec faster before that than any other gearing i tried it didn't matter..
When a friend who drives a bit more aggressive tried it he overheated the motor after 2-3 minutes..
Thing is, the BD lives on torque, making the car very drivable. We saw this very clear at ETS in Poland where i gained 3 meters in the first half of the straight and the LRP ESC's gained 3 meters in the second half.
In Poland i geared the V3 13.5T at 4.8 with maximum timing and profile 5.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

I have ran the V2 BD in the past few days with several different motors quite extensively and I have to say it is likely the best stock speed controller available. No problem with cogging at all, it is as fast or faster than any other speed controller, and most importantly, it drove like traditional speed controller. Meaning I don't have to worry about boost or timing. All I had to do was simply set it to use profile 5, and then find the right gearing, just like good old time
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrew188
I have ran the V2 BD in the past few days with several different motors quite extensively and I have to say it is likely the best stock speed controller available. No problem with cogging at all, it is as fast or faster than any other speed controller, and most importantly, it drove like traditional speed controller. Meaning I don't have to worry about boost or timing. All I had to do was simply set it to use profile 5, and then find the right gearing, just like good old time
You have a p.m.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andrew188
I just ran my V1 BD that was updated to the V2 BD it is a big difference . It is fast I like it..
Old 05-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rack
I just ran my V1 BD that was updated to the V2 BD it is a big difference . It is fast I like it..
Where did you send it for the update...and the cost?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Where did you send it for the update...and the cost?
Back to advanced electronics you will need to email them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.