Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-line new tire!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i dont hate proline at all. there is other tire companies out there that have better treads and foams but i seem to have more PL tires in my box than any other single brand. There new blue foams seem to be pritty good. i have et to run them tho. Stupid winter. Also if PL copies other companies who made the VTR truggy rims first????
Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

It's your loss not to run Proline. I run them all. I have a selection of Proline/JConcepts and AKA to come.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Their service do suck..... I will not run prolines again.
congratulations. no body cares

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-12-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Their service do suck.... I will not run prolines again.
If you would never run pl products why open a forum entitled new PL tires? Is it just to up the post count and or let the forum know you don't like their tires?

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-12-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

holly cow lets all gang up on token. I think he gets its guys. lets keep this thread about the tires, not trash talk.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
If you would never run pl products why open a forum entitled new PL tires? Is it just to up the post count and or let the forum know you don't like their tires?
I did not open anything. spent 80 bucks on mounted crime fighters awhile ago, one set was glued together, sent an email, - per email - they are not at fault. THAT SUCKED. Racing is not easy for me money wise. 80 bucks for tires for a toy...... They did not offer any words of comfort...... THAT SUCKED

This is funny. A fatdaddy - if no one cares why do you respond..... gagn up on me hahahahah lol.... Now back on topic....
Old 02-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
holly cow lets all gang up on token. I think he gets its guys. lets keep this thread about the tires, not trash talk.
but daddy, he started it!

serously though, i always look forward to anything new. regardless who its from
Old 02-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I did not open anything. spent 80 bucks on mounted crime fighters awhile ago, one set was glued together, sent an email, - per email - they are not at fault. THAT SUCKED. Racing is not easy for me money wise. 80 bucks for tires for a toy...... They did not offer any words of comfort...... THAT SUCKED

This is funny. A fatdaddy - if no one cares why do you respond..... gagn up on me hahahahah lol.... Now back on topic....

Not trying to gang up/talk trash/just wondering why you would bother posting if you don't like their product is all...I understand 80 bucks down the drain is alot believe me I understand.

now back on topic can't wait to see what's going on with the new tires
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HiVoltg12
I didn't mean to come off as 'I hate Pro-Line'. I know that they are making some very good products now...Like I said I have been tempted to pick up a set of Calibers.

They just left a bad taste in my mouth after their crappy unbalanced, shreds in two quals tire foam of a few years ago and it's going to take a lot to earn my respect and my business back.
I have to agree with you. Their crappy gray molded foam was terrible. Much worse than even the old school cut foams. They were very inconsistent, very unblanaced and lasted a very short time. But hey their tires are good. ANd you could have always used different foams. I learned that after a couple sets of the gray molded foams broke down on me. Never ran them since.

I have to give proline a little credit. Every brand copies each other's tread designs if they work well. That's why we have so many similar tires out there. Sure proline copied AKA's citybocks with the caliber, but AKA copied proline's bowtie(AKA I-BEAM), holeshot(AKA gridiron), and crimefighter(AKA crossbrace). As for the foams, AKA completely reinvented them and they are awesome, so of coarse everyone copied(not just proline).

I personally don't discriminate on any tire brand. I own Proline, AKA, J-concepts, losi, GRP and panther tires. They all have a place somewhere.

I am looking forward to this new tire!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HiVoltg12
I've sworn off using Pro-Line products after they made us run their crap foams for so many years....All of their 'innovations' have been copies of other companies ideas.

Losi thought up the LPR wheel size with the 8ight T. AKA came up with ground foam inserts and soft compounds that actually last. VP-Pro came up with the "V3" wider rear buggy tires.

It makes me wonder if these companies hadn't been around would we still be running MAXX sized tires with horrible inserts? It took a company like AKA for Pro-Line to step up their game.

I will admit that I have been tempted to get a set of VTR calibers but I'd rather support a company like AKA which is always innovating instead of just maintaining the status quo.
don't for get the jc glue bead and side walls. they do take/borrow new ideas but make them a bit better too.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm not at all saying that something new from Proline isn't coming out, but I race all over the Carolinas, and don't know of anyone near Quinby, SC that would be high enough in the ranks to be testing a non-debuted tire. Unless it's a private track, there's not anything in mid-state SC where the originator says he lives.

Matt Piva- Care to say who was using it or at what track it was running at, you said you saw it yesterday, was it near your location in your profile?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

those city blocks dont look like calibers to me,more like a panther raptor
Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigguyrc8
those city blocks dont look like calibers to me,more like a panther raptor
Really? Cityblocks and calibers both use a 2 stage pin with small pins on top of larger blocks. They are laid out in a different pattern(cityblocks-rectangular, calibers -triangular)on the tire but the basic pin design is very similar. Raptors are more like a holeshot or gridiron.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Really? Cityblocks and calibers both use a 2 stage pin with small pins on top of larger blocks. They are laid out in a different pattern(cityblocks-rectangular, calibers -triangular)on the tire but the basic pin design is very similar. Raptors are more like a holeshot or gridiron.
the gridiron and holeshot are VERY close.

the cityblock and caliber are very close also, both treads are laid out in a trangle.

if you want to talk about copy,

the proline revolver/sweep tire are THE SAME!!!! carbon copy just renamed pretty much what i see.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

AKA has a new tire releasing very soon.

It's unlike anything ever produced.

Unlike Prolines new "Octo-grabber".....

(If you remember that PL tire you are as old & pathetic as I am..... )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.