MTX-3 vs. HPI R40!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MTX-3 vs. HPI R40!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ha Ha, I can see that this will be a great event, I am sure we will be able to get a large amount of guys there. remember that this will be in 2005 only. Maybe we can hire a van or so and all drive through o Jersey 'ey boys, what do you recon?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by M Polo
Thanks, Yup a Tampa neighbor. Hopefully get to meet some local folks once I get this thing up and running. Need to pick a motor up and I'll be ready to go....
the os tr is a very reliable motor i ran it at Lakeland and perform pretty good , i was getting the same laps times as my friend with a mugen mtx3 with the mugen X-12 motor( and i also beat him in the main!!)
Old 04-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
the os tr is a very reliable motor i ran it at Lakeland and perform pretty good , i was getting the same laps times as my friend with a mugen mtx3 with the mugen X-12 motor( and i also beat him in the main!!)

that goes to show that its not the engine its the driver.....
Old 04-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by jscamry
that goes to show that its not the engine its the driver.....
very true, i have a hand modify novarossi (by Maxy velazco from maxy's fuel)also and i feel that im more consistant with the os tr than with the over power novarossi
Old 04-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

very true, i have a hand modify novarossi (by Maxy velazco from maxy's fuel)also and i feel that im more consistant with the os tr than with the over power novarossi
Yea i agree too that its the driver and that os tr is a good engine.
previously, no one at our place wanna use the OS TR other than this new guy from out of town. he end up consistent in our A-main top 5.Now our LHS got a problem...out of stock.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
previously, no one at our place wanna use the OS TR other than this new guy from out of town. he end up consistent in our A-main top 5.Now our LHS got a problem...out of stock.
Someone asked why one would use a restrictor? The answer is simple and this proves it. The OS TR may not be as powerful as some of the other motors, but You can end up being more consistant as you have the RIGHT power. More consistant often means you will do vry well in the race if not win, (If you drive well obviously, as the driver is what wins, not the car) as you will not over power the car through corners and end up spinning in many places.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BaxterC
Someone asked why one would use a restrictor? The answer is simple and this proves it. The OS TR may not be as powerful as some of the other motors, but You can end up being more consistant as you have the RIGHT power. More consistant often means you will do vry well in the race if not win, (If you drive well obviously, as the driver is what wins, not the car) as you will not over power the car through corners and end up spinning in many places.
Hey...thats right..the restrictor thing...hmmm...wondering if i use the Novamax restrictor...i should be driving consistently...without overshoot at the corner or overpower on the corner exit...cool. thanks for reminding me that restrictor thing.

[now, where did i throw that damn restrictor ]
Old 04-03-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BaxterC
I agree. Driver skills account for 85% of the required total to be fast. We had a debate once about engines and it ended we all agreed that only a few elite drivers can actually handle all of major power produced by some of the bigger engines.

I still believe that the best way to improve driver skills is via 1:12th on-road. To be consistently fast with 1:12th scale requires lap after lap precision. Once you master this level of precision it wouldnt matter if the guy with the biggest motor is fit to outrun you down the straight because once your in the technical section you are more or less guaranteed (unless he is a super driver) to pull out enough gap to keep him behind you down the straight.

The more power you have the slower you will usually be in the technical section. This is because you either apply to much out of the corners and create wheelspin or tail-end out or you try to feed the power in too slowly and dont maximise the potential of the cars handling. Only a few elite drivers out of the whole world are capable of being fast through the technical section with the bigger motor.

I hope no-one takes me the wrong way on this. I know lots of guys who are more than capable of performing at this level but dont get the recognition because they either havent been offered the sponsorship or cant afford to run at all the big main races with the guys who constanty place in the worlds Top20.

Just like Alonso stated in a press conference regarding F1 drivers. He said he didnt think they were the best in the World and that those guys were still racing Go-Karts cause they dont have either the luck or money to get them up through the classes. Its the same in R/C. Some of the worlds best are still racing at club level for this reason.

But things are changing .
Old 04-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
I agree. Driver skills account for 85% of the required total to be fast.
How did you calculate it to be 85% ???
Old 04-03-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
I used a trig equation and incorporated the angles between Mars, Earth and Jupiter, then divided the answer by 2 to get nothing so I was reading a statement by Schumy and he said 85%
Old 04-03-2004, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

I used a trig equation and incorporated the angles between Mars, Earth and Jupiter, then divided the answer by 2 to get nothing so I was reading a statement by Schumy and he said 85%
See,thats where you're wrong...........You should have calculated between Mars,Earth,and Uranus.....and you would have come up with a more concise figure......
Old 04-03-2004, 05:27 AM
Nitro Tech

It is strange! Last night in my dream the God told me the same as your statement.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Old 04-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
you punk, it is 85.0130827490187321960421789025621547%
Old 04-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

when i had my NTC3 it accelerated really hard now im waiting for the Kyosho to see if is better than the ntc3
As much as I like the FW-05R, I would like to hear from you first about the Kyosho.......afterall, their parts support is almost as expensive as Serpent parts......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.