Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho TF-6

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That doesn't look like a SP top deck in the picture above your post.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

well what top deck is it?...i have both tf6 top decks ......and it aint those.....is there an optional top deck for the sp?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Krapp used the old TF6 none SP deck with a cut taken out of it to allow the front to flex more for steering and less at the rear for higher traction.

Personally would not read much into the top deck change as the Worlds was about keeping your tires working after a few rounds without goop etc etc.

The older TF6 deck carry better corner speed due to less flex again this more about the track / car setup / driving style think most of us run the new top deck style SP deck.

As for the flex screw aka the one which goes though the motor mount, this actually makes the car a lot more consistent to drive odd as it sounds by generating a lot more flex after back to back testing having some flex at that point in the car just was much better to drive.

Can uses a grub screw which is the fancy way personally using a about 1.5 or 2mm shim with the scew from the top of the mount going though the bottom of the chassis this stop too much flex in the car which could cause a lot more damage
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Krapp used the old TF6 none SP deck with a cut taken out of it to allow the front to flex more for steering and less at the rear for higher traction.

Personally would not read much into the top deck change as the Worlds was about keeping your tires working after a few rounds without goop etc etc.

The older TF6 deck carry better corner speed due to less flex again this more about the track / car setup / driving style think most of us run the new top deck style SP deck.

As for the flex screw aka the one which goes though the motor mount, this actually makes the car a lot more consistent to drive odd as it sounds by generating a lot more flex after back to back testing having some flex at that point in the car just was much better to drive.

Can uses a grub screw which is the fancy way personally using a about 1.5 or 2mm shim with the scew from the top of the mount going though the bottom of the chassis this stop too much flex in the car which could cause a lot more damage

Ok cool ..i got every top deck so i can experiment....i also just fed a screw down from the top at the front of the motor mount and have the bottom of the screw just peaking out the bottom of the chassis but its flush so its not sticking out too much......now i pretty much have all my back up parts.....just having trouble finding tf237 and tf226h at a decent price..
Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Anybody body having spur gear issues with this car?...after a few runs...my spur develops a lot of side to side wobble...then the spur gets chewed up....
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Anybody body having spur gear issues with this car?...after a few runs...my spur develops a lot of side to side wobble...then the spur gets chewed up....
No, but I've put a thin shim between the plastic shim and bearing, no play sideways anymore.

But how is the car, compared to your other rides? Getting used to it?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthijs
No, but I've put a thin shim between the plastic shim and bearing, no play sideways anymore.

But how is the car, compared to your other rides? Getting used to it?
Well still waiting on my tf6 arms ....but besides that I had the car on carpet for the very first time yesterday....and i was impressed with how nicely it rotates through turns....i also was getting darring and was trying to cut this one turn as close as possible at the end of the straight....needless to say i did clip the inside board a couple times and also launch the car one or twice lol ....and im happy to say not one broken bit.....except my loose spur gear issue....i was also talking to a local racer who was telling me kyosho touring cars are known for a spur gear issue....anybody know what hes talking about ?
Old 10-07-2012, 01:29 PM

I really have no clue.. I hardly ever strip a spur gear..

I just (over) tighten the spur gear screws using a bit of force..never comes undone If this doesn't help maybe apply some locktite on the screws?
Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vasco C
I really have no clue.. I hardly ever strip a spur gear..

I just (over) tighten the spur gear screws using a bit of force..never comes undone If this doesn't help maybe apply some locktite on the screws?
Ya im sure i just didnt tighten the screws tight enough.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Spur Gear

If you are using the chassis flex screw on the motor mount double check the car cannot flex too much, quick fix is just put a screw back in see if that fixes the problem

would say that could be the first thing to check without seeing the car

Glad you are enjoying TF6 the small changes make big differences
Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

ready for some indoor carpet racing!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho TF-6-tf6-unis.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you could better use the Kyosho Lazer ZX5 for the Mach indoor track

(Sorry for offtopic, see you there Matthijs!)

Robert
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I think you could better use the Kyosho Lazer ZX5 for the Mach indoor track

(Sorry for offtopic, see you there Matthijs!)

Robert
that should be the Plazma ;-) see you tonight!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

wow man you got too much money haha

or HAD too much money ;-)
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
wow man you got too much money haha

or HAD too much money ;-)
I guess these uni's will save me changing out the alu ones, in the end it will be a good investment.... besides....after adding up all the bills from our new house this is peanuts ;-)

first drive last night went well, indoor season should be fun this winter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.