Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Haters gonna hate! Sweep's gonna win!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA

Thanks Mate.

We are conducting Test runs for Rug racers SPEC tires (EXP-Q) in Middle River hobbies, Colosseum and 360V2 this weekend. New breed of US SPEC Carpet Racing begins this weekend. come by to Ray K or Mike Haynes to check it out!
Hi
We @ SUKRR are very happy with these new make up of tyres, and have had NOT one complaint after 2 round of the series, and in fact the word has obviously got around that how good these tyres are, we had 20 more drivers turn up for round 2, so it was a full meeting, in which we had reserves and had to turn them away, a shame I know, but true.
We have found that the EXP-QTS is way more consistent than the EXP 30 tyre, as the side wall is around 1mm lower in total diameter, and therefore does not roll over as much, so therefore no inconsistent lap times as the wall heats up on the EXP30's
Please keep up the consistent make up of this great tyre

Cheers Malc
Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't run the rubber tire cars on carpet, but I sell them to all the racers. 99% of our local carpet racers are running Sweep tires. They can run what they want, and they choose the Sweep tires for consistency and wear as well as good traction. I have Sorex and others on the wall , but Sweep is the tire of choice. And as a bonus , they are cheaper.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mb3195
I'm sorry but this is definately not true.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this sweep tyre but it is simply not as fast as the Sorex 28jb.

If everyone is honest, the Sorex is easily the fastest rubber tyre for carpet.

Whilst at rug racers you have 70 odd drivers racing on the same carpet laying sweep rubber onto it, if you run a Sorex tyre on the same piece of carpet it may not be
as quick, however on a standard club meet where new tracks are laid each week and people run what they want, 99% would choose the Sorex tyre.

Sorex last longer as well.
This sort of reply always makes me smile, as I have been testing these EXP-QTS tyres for months now in secret, along side sorex 28s JB blue inserts & 32s with JB blue inserts, and can categorically say that the 28s overheat after 3.5 mins in 13.5 Blinky, but am now running 17.5 Blinky so even less stress on these tyres, which = way more consistent times, and way more runs out of the tyres. 32s take a while to heat up, so unless you put tyre warmers on you will be slower than the EXP-QTS tyres from the off, and no I dont use tyre warmers as I feel there is no need, and yes I have tries them lol.

We do not have the luxury of having a fixed track to lay constant rubber down, but you have answered your question really about running the same tyre on a track, of course a certain tyre would work if it was used consistently, weather it was a sorex or EXP-QTS tyre, so theres no argument here

Cheers Malc
Old 11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
I dont think your entitled to calling everyone not telling truth.
we were talking about our new QTS-EXP, in the past The Sorex might be the faster in some occassions but since we debut QTS-EXP and EXP-EVO we found opposite of your statement in the US as well.

Sorex started as 0% back in the day, we are about 1%? . and thats not a bad start in our standard.

Have a good week.
Spot on

Malc
Old 11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

I never said that the sweep was a bad tire, it does seem consistent and wear rates are not too bad.

I've personally never had any issues with Sorex tires over heating in 10.5 boosted so no idea how you are over heating in 17.5 blinky.

There is no way I am competitive with sweep tires when racing against Sorex tires though, on a normal lap they are 0.5-0.8 secs a lap slower.

I will say it again......I am not saying the sweep is a bad tire, if everyone is on the same compound then it really does make no difference of one make is quicker than another

I raced in the last round of the rug racers and will book in for the 2nd round as I didn't come away thinking the tires took anything away from the day.

Sorry if my post was taken the wrong way.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mb3195
I never said that the sweep was a bad tire, it does seem consistent and wear rates are not too bad.

I've personally never had any issues with Sorex tires over heating in 10.5 boosted so no idea how you are over heating in 17.5 blinky.

There is no way I am competitive with sweep tires when racing against Sorex tires though, on a normal lap they are 0.5-0.8 secs a lap slower.

I will say it again......I am not saying the sweep is a bad tire, if everyone is on the same compound then it really does make no difference of one make is quicker than another

I raced in the last round of the rug racers and will book in for the 2nd round as I didn't come away thinking the tires took anything away from the day.

Sorry if my post was taken the wrong way.
Hi ?????

I didnt take it in the wrong way, but like I have said, I have done a lot of testing.

I started by running 13.5 boosted testing the tyres, but have found that I like the speed of Blinky, whether it be 13.5 or 17.5 Blinky

If you were there on round one you will prob know I wrote my TCX off in a big accident, due the trunking coming apart

I ran 17.5 Blinky in round 2 and TQ'd by 0.02 which the EXP-QTS tyre were so consistent, with absolutely no grip roll at all, so these tyres are a winner all round.

I hope you can make round 3 on the 2nd of December, and come over and see me

Cheers Malc
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How can I get my hands on some QTS-EXP tires?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
How can I get my hands on some QTS-EXP tires?
Hi
Well they are a new brand SWEEP are making, and we at Rug Racer in the UK as far as I know are still the guinea pigs so to speak, but I am sure the SWEEP tech guy will put me wise on this

Malc
Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi
Well they are a new brand SWEEP are making, and we at Rug Racer in the UK as far as I know are still the guinea pigs so to speak, but I am sure the SWEEP tech guy will put me wise on this

Malc
EXP-QTS tire is our new try only for Rugracer, the idea was brought by me and Keith Anderton.

We knew QTS crown is the best for carpet out of Sweep's line up,
We also knew Old EXP compound(not Evo) worked best on carpet.
so we decided to try old EXP compound in QTS mold.

Since we got many of positive feedback from USA and UK,
We plan to release the tire officially soon!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there an estimated release date on the new tires? I'll be wanting to test some as soon as they are released.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Paul R
Hows it going im one of your new customer that bought almost everything i have from you guys over at tqrcracing . When will the exp30 evo tires be back in stock ?
Sweep EXP30 EVO tires are back in stock.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ..._id=5&s_sort=4

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by briankstan
Is there an estimated release date on the new tires? I'll be wanting to test some as soon as they are released.
You wont be disapiinted when they do get released, as these new tyres are that good you can continuously keep rotating the tyres around the car for even tyre wear, with NO adverse affect whatso ever, which makes the EXP-QTS tyre the most versatile tyre out there, but remember im am not a team driver, so gain nothing by bigging up these new tyers, its just what l know and what l feel about them :-)

Cheers Malc
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just an update on the EXP EVO 36 (Aqua Med inserts EXP dish wheels) Outdoor prepped asphalt 82* surface temp (Tamiya R&D Track Aliso Viejo CA)

Total runs: 16 (6:00 minute runs)

Fast lap with Sweep EVO was 13.6 sec running 13.5 non-timing.
Sorex 36 fastlap with same wheel and insert 13.9

Picture after 16 runs, notice the line in the middle is still visible

These new tires are awesome and they corner really well. They also wear evenly while the Sorex wore down the middle and near the inner carcass. Awesome tire for both indoor and outdoor.

Eric Kim
Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekim628
Just an update on the EXP EVO 36 (Aqua Med inserts EXP dish wheels) Outdoor prepped asphalt 82* surface temp (Tamiya R&D Track Aliso Viejo CA)

Total runs: 16 (6:00 minute runs)

Fast lap with Sweep EVO was 13.6 sec running 13.5 non-timing.
Sorex 36 fastlap with same wheel and insert 13.9

Picture after 16 runs, notice the line in the middle is still visible

These new tires are awesome and they corner really well. They also wear evenly while the Sorex wore down the middle and near the inner carcass. Awesome tire for both indoor and outdoor.

Eric Kim
They let you run there with an AE car??? Sweet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.