Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Do you mean adding shims just before the pin that holds the tires?
Yes, sort of. On the 4X you have shims in the uprights. Some are on the inside (dogbone side) and some on the pin side. Just move one from the dogbone side to the pin side.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:22 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
The grp widen the trackwidth a bit. I ran the ennetti in Miami did not like the at all I ran some exceed lite weight from Italy they were awesome.
Funny, because Exceed Italy (lite weight or regular) are made by Enetti.... (just like MugenDrew said)
But it's a shame that Enetti tyres are not always glued nice and straight on the rim....

Originally Posted by choisan
this is what i was told from my 2 local distributors of different brands and one of them was used to be a local distributor of grp, a very trustable source.
GRP doesn't use distibutors anymore, they sell directly through there own website.

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
They durometer higher than what is listed on the box as well.
I don't really care about the durometer, because the tire might have a bigger percentage of natural rubber in them, giving them more traction compared to an other tyre brand, and less wear, and they do wear way less then Enetti's do! So you can start a final on a smaller diameter, and have a more constant car during the whole final.(unless you never get any further then the semi's of course )
Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=M7H;8404366]Funny, because Exceed Italy (lite weight or regular) are made by Enetti.... (just like MugenDrew said)
But it's a shame that Enetti tyres are not always glued nice and straight on the rim....

It is crazy because we went down there with ennetti hard
rim / lite rim and some grp. Also had some exceed lite rim Italy. The durometer reading was way different ennetti to Italy exceed. The rubber felt very different maybe it could be the rim style.I didn't have trouble with the glue. But the performance of the two Tires was totally different with shores and track width the same. I lost 11.3 mm on my left rear in the semi lol. Started 76mm rear left ended with 64.7mm left.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Funny, because Exceed Italy (lite weight or regular) are made by Enetti.... (just like MugenDrew said)

GRP doesn't use distibutors anymore, they sell directly through there own website.

I don't really care about the durometer, because the tire might have a bigger percentage of natural rubber in them, giving them more traction compared to an other tyre brand, and less wear, and they do wear way less then Enetti's do! So you can start a final on a smaller diameter, and have a more constant car during the whole final.(unless you never get any further then the semi's of course )
ok goes like this enetti is a company that has the tire machines to cut the foam or rubber and glue them to the rims and they might also produce foam/rubber and the rims thereself, now u take a company like exceed or someone else wants to get into the tire bizz. what they do lets take exceed they r either producing the foam/rubber/rims themself and ship it to enetti to finish the product and box it or they contract enetti to make the foam/rubber/rim with there specifications and product is done or another company makes the foam/rubber/rim and is shiped to enetti, or like i said enetti makes it for them using exceed design. but i can tell u now it is not the same foam on the enettis and the exceed. my familly is in the medical bizz we do this all the time we make a gel for burns and so does johnson and johnson and we make it for them but its there formular. sometimes its cheaper to outsource a comp to put the stuff toghter and box it then to have your own plant but its your own formular...so u say enetti is making it for exceed which can b true but what u dont know if it is exceeds own formular that enetti is using to prepare the complete tire and box for them like i said its deff diff foam so doesnt matter if it comes out of enetti plant 10 different tires companys might come out of enettis plant all with diff formulars...
Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CSO New product for MRX-5 again !
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5030.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5031.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5032.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

To look at the exeed lite it looks identical to the enneti. I have not ran them, I should have a set in my hands thursday.
Lets say Hammer, Ralphie and myself called enneti with a big pile of cash to give them for a bunch of tyres.
Being that the rim is molded I'm sure they would be willing to clean out the machine and use the plastic that we spec'ed to make our wheels with there mould. Our product looks identical but preforms very differently.
Next up our donuts. We want a longer wearing tyre so we have them build the rears 35, 35, 37 and call them 35's. Say we want a tyre that will set the track on fire 33, 35, 32 from the outside to the inside and still call them 35's. Somewhere on that box we would have a logo that says "SUPER TURBO", turbos are cool.
Before we can start all of this we need tofigure out what and how we are going to monkey with our foam sheets, soak them in lighter fluid, have the Umpa Lumpas lovingley rubb them with the original go-jo hand cleaner, mix up some simple green and aunt jamimas and boil them in it????? Smell some jaco's then smell some teamepic red-dot.
Yes Reolof they were .5 sec slower on the 5 and 1 sec. slower on the X. Same old non turning GeRPs. Yeah I could have split the shore's, changed chassis set-up but why bother. I think they sell cause there CHEAP. Now if Matrix lowered there price a little...
Old 12-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
CSO New product for MRX-5 again !
Wow, that clutch tool looks awfully familiar............
Old 12-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Tyres that i trust are IDM with carbon rims. Not sure if IDM sub it out or do it themselves but my standard they good quality and nice finish tyres
Old 12-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Wow, that clutch tool looks awfully familiar............
ybslow how come u guys cant make light weight rear axles for using dogbones ?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

receiver out of the case, no glitch..
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-dsc00001.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

receiver out of box
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-dsc00003.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

I did a one run test with these tires and they were consistantly .5 to 1 second slower.

I dont agree with this at all !! I have run nothing but GRP's this year and have been faster, I find that i can dial in a bunch more steering because the rear is planted. the wear is excellent and they are consistant box to box
Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't think this receiver solution is really the best solution to avoid glitch. I ran over years with an completly closed aluminium receiver box without any glitch. I heated up the receiver box to test the temperatur range without any glitch problem.

I personaly think the problem is caused by other things. I found out that one of the mounting screws of the steering servo could touch the aluminium bulkhead when the Radio tray is flexing from left to right, depending on the servo type and how many shims are used to balance the servo.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mugentom702
I don't think this receiver solution is really the best solution to avoid glitch. I ran over years with an completly closed aluminium receiver box without any glitch. I heated up the receiver box to test the temperatur range without any glitch problem.

I personaly think the problem is caused by other things. I found out that one of the mounting screws of the steering servo could touch the aluminium bulkhead when the Radio tray is flexing from left to right, depending on the servo type and how many shims are used to balance the servo.
YEA, IT'S CALLED 2.4. I only showed this because some guys email me to see how I did this for someone else. I have never clitched with crystals, period..My receiver is in the case of the MRX-5. I was talking to Robert Pietch, he said he has never seen a Mugen MRX-5 clitch in Europe which the receivers are different than ours and Fukata said the same thing and supposably Japan and USA are using the same 2.4 airways, thats what's wierd. There euro receivers are different then what we have or run. All radio's in the 2.4 clitch. I see about 6 runaways in electric every month at my track and there is no wires in the ground or close to the track and when we ran crystals very seldom was there a glitch. It is really weird at the pre-world 8 or so cars lost control and most were the mugen's but not all...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mugentom702

i posted this before its not the rec box i had posted we did alot of testing and found it was other things like the floating radio tray not being tighted down enuff were the bearings are and the screws touching were the throttle servo and steering servo use the same mounting some guys had too long of a screw and were touching, its a sensitive car when comes to glitching now if your running and a screw comes loose it can cause a glitch, my engine mount came loose and the car started glitching. act i know now when a screw is loose the car glitches lol it a good warning system for me lol. we were at the pre worlds and swagger and billy had there radio tray so loose and well we know the outcome swagger did a hairpin turn into the board cause of the glitch, one of our team mates told them bout it the day before but i think it went in one ear and out the other, also the end of the stright at pre worlds my car would go into fail safe and i would walk closer to it on the drivers stand and it stoped then our team realized on the drivers stand at the pre worlds they have metels poles that go up over your head prob for a canopy and when i stood right next to the metel pole it went into fail safe weird but true...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.