Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
cool... thanks. i will be on the lookout.
Don't panick my friend
Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up mrx 5

Originally Posted by jrice
May or June 2010
Where did I put that damn piggy bank.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

if you walk in the same shoes as i do, as FAR from ur wife as possible!!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Don't panick my friend
Not anymore.. how many versions of Nova slash 21 out there? checked Nova site and it only offer "special". some stores sell "tuned" and or "regular", I am confused. I blame JP for this
Old 02-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default newer car better

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Mugen is a racing company so it's safe to assume the new car is better + mugen has a history of holding off on new models not unless there is a significant improvement...
MRX4 is a whole lot better than the 3 so I'm guessing the new car will also have a noticable improvement over the 4....
I will disagree that just because it new that it means it better Muegan made the mrx4 which was a very good car, I owned one then then made the mrx4r so your assumption is newer better, but it wasn't what prove that is they went back to the mrx4 and made it mrx4x with some improvements ecentric hubs and other things back to shorter shocks
Old 02-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You are missing the point.

Let’s go back 15years to when Associated had the original RC10 tub chassis. They did 2 World Championship with proto-type chassis and never released them and then finally released the B2. Why, because the proto-type chassis only out performed the standard tub chassis on certain styles of tracks. Maybe the MRX4-R was the same and only work well on few types of tracks. We still use the MRX4-R chassis and hubs from the rear. That’s 2 improvements that came out of the R that we still use.

Mugen can’t test the car on all tracks before it’s released, other wise all of us will be saying “can well have one to test on our track”. Lets be realistic a CAD design and the real thing can be two different things. Does their software take into count plastic flex, track temperature, setups and drivers ability. I don’t what degree Robert Pietsch has in engineering, but from his past project and Koji Sanada knowledge the MRX5 will be special.

I believe out of all the manufactures, Mugen has had to do the least amount of redesigning after a new chassis was released. The last major problem I recall was at the Australian 1/8th World with the MRX3 tank. Mugen Seike where good enough to arrive at the worlds with modified radio tray which fitted the old and proven MRX2 tanks.

Interest that your signature has the word Kyosho in it?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
I will disagree that just because it new that it means it better Muegan made the mrx4 which was a very good car, I owned one then then made the mrx4r so your assumption is newer better, but it wasn't what prove that is they went back to the mrx4 and made it mrx4x with some improvements ecentric hubs and other things back to shorter shocks

The Mrx4, r, and x are basically the same car with in different stages and could have been upgraded with a few parts. In mugen's history from the Sedans 2,3,4 and same with the 1/8th.. Once mugen designates a new # 3,4, and now 5 usually comes big improvements in performance and ease of maintenance....

Don't you think there was a big improvement from MRX3 to the MRX4?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz
Maybe the MRX4-R was the same and only work well on few types of tracks. We still use the MRX4-R chassis and hubs from the rear. That’s 2 improvements that came out of the R that we still use.
Exactly right. The R was better in certain conditions.

Even with the X, many drivers like to use R parts for certain conditions. R rear uprights can often be found on X's. I liked the R front shock tower.

None of these were complete new cars. They were just the original 4 with a few new parts. If you had already found a really good set-up for your track with the old car, the new car might not improve it. If you were having some small issues with the older version, the new version might have been just what you needed to find that balance.

Bottom line is the track record. MRX-3 was better than the 2. 4 was better than the 3. Same holds true for the TC's and the buggies.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default newer is better

Originally Posted by Boz
You are missing the point.

Let’s go back 15years to when Associated had the original RC10 tub chassis. They did 2 World Championship with proto-type chassis and never released them and then finally released the B2. Why, because the proto-type chassis only out performed the standard tub chassis on certain styles of tracks. Maybe the MRX4-R was the same and only work well on few types of tracks. We still use the MRX4-R chassis and hubs from the rear. That’s 2 improvements that came out of the R that we still use.

Mugen can’t test the car on all tracks before it’s released, other wise all of us will be saying “can well have one to test on our track”. Lets be realistic a CAD design and the real thing can be two different things. Does their software take into count plastic flex, track temperature, setups and drivers ability. I don’t what degree Robert Pietsch has in engineering, but from his past project and Koji Sanada knowledge the MRX5 will be special.

I believe out of all the manufactures, Mugen has had to do the least amount of redesigning after a new chassis was released. The last major problem I recall was at the Australian 1/8th World with the MRX3 tank. Mugen Seike where good enough to arrive at the worlds with modified radio tray which fitted the old and proven MRX2 tanks.

Interest that your signature has the word Kyosho in it?
I didn't comment to talk bad about muegan I ran Muegan for three years and my point is that newer is not always better. point 2 is the mrx4x was more of the mrx4 then the mrx4r. Some friends did better with the mtx3 then the 4, some times this can be set ups and not being used to the changes in the new car. understandably. Here a question do you think your safer in a new car or an older car yeah they say the new one absorbs the impact but who wants half the car in your lap when the accidents over.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Can't wait 2 attach this 2 my signature X5 is gonna be outstanding believe me I can smell it 4,000 miles away
Old 02-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

I wished they used one bulkhead for the rear shaft and 2-speed shaft, it is a proven system and even Kyosho can win WC's with such an "old design".

As mentioned by me before, this 2-piece rear end has some issues and fixes with the Velox and 966 that I do have some thoughts about it. I can only hope Pietsch has learned from it and made adjustments to this design.

Oh well.... If RickV will have one of the first produced cars I will take a look at it.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Well its just a matter of time now before the x5 hits
Old 02-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default CAD dwgs are up!

Mugen Seiki has posted the CAD drawings. Time to start the countdown clock until these are on the shelves.

http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the front anti roll bar is neat. looks like its adjust/set via a grub screw.

Who needs setup wheels, when you can sit your car on carbon discs.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Can't wait to see it on the track while Im driving it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.