Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there,

I just wanted to share with you what I learned about my "glitch problem" this weekend:

Changed the Rx unit in the car and the power leads. Ran the car for 20 sec. and it glitched again. Bummer!

Then I changed the transmitter setting "HRS Mode" to "PPM Mode" in my Futaba 3PK with 2.4 Ghz module and ran the car three days at a national event without any issues.

Don't know why, but my problem was HRS mode which worked with the same servos for years without issues before...

Looking now for a new Tx/Rx combo because there must be something wrong. With PPM mode I have also lost the failsafe functionality...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi there,

I just wanted to share with you what I learned about my "glitch problem" this weekend:

Changed the Rx unit in the car and the power leads. Ran the car for 20 sec. and it glitched again. Bummer!

Then I changed the transmitter setting "HRS Mode" to "PPM Mode" in my Futaba 3PK with 2.4 Ghz module and ran the car three days at a national event without any issues.

Don't know why, but my problem was HRS mode which worked with the same servos for years without issues before...

Looking now for a new Tx/Rx combo because there must be something wrong. With PPM mode I have also lost the failsafe functionality...
i know u have the futuba but i had the same problem with my m11x i had to take it out of shr mode and problem fixed..
Old 05-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Ralph,

sounds like we have tracked the issue down. The faster transmission mode seems to give us problems, but this was definately not the case when I had my radio equipment in the MRX-4. As I said, I had it on HRS for years...

Interesting to hear that your M11x shows the same kind of behaviour. I am actually considering to swap my Futaba for the M11 because I like the hand feel of the Tx and the rx unit is really small. Your report makes me think twice...

To me it is clear now that in HRS mode the failsafe circuit "senses" something that it does not like (could be voltage below/over a certain threshold or digital radio signal corrupted) and shuts operation briefly down. After a second or so it comes back alive and the car continues to run normally for a while...

Best regards, Stefan
Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spar9368
Hey guys I lost my MRX-5 and it's currently out of stock in my country. Does anyone know the cheapest place I can get a kit and have it delivered to South Korea? If anyone knows any places that does international shipping, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
Dear

I give you the best way to save your money and solve the future problems like as stock issues.

Can u contact RC-Force which is korean hobby shop in South Korea?

www.rc-force.com

U can save the shipping charge and get more service because RC-Force has a branch in USA.

I am a member of RC-Force club in USA.

I got MRX-5, spare parts from RC-Force.

If you want to get more information then contact RC-Force.

Good Luck..!!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone knows when the new optional clutch is available?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Ralph,

sounds like we have tracked the issue down. The faster transmission mode seems to give us problems, but this was definately not the case when I had my radio equipment in the MRX-4. As I said, I had it on HRS for years...

Interesting to hear that your M11x shows the same kind of behaviour. I am actually considering to swap my Futaba for the M11 because I like the hand feel of the Tx and the rx unit is really small. Your report makes me think twice...

To me it is clear now that in HRS mode the failsafe circuit "senses" something that it does not like (could be voltage below/over a certain threshold or digital radio signal corrupted) and shuts operation briefly down. After a second or so it comes back alive and the car continues to run normally for a while...

Best regards, Stefan
You guys should try KO Propo. The latest version, Eurus, is bullet proof.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by choisan
anyone knows when the new optional clutch is available?

Some shops are already taking pre orders on the clutch...
Old 05-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Sanwa SDX-801 low profile can be used for gas / brake
spec
Manipulating speed 0.05s/40 ° - 6.0V
Manipulating Energy 6.4kg * cm 6.0V
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Ralph,

Best regards, Stefan
well i tell u what i learned about the m11x few things, to run it in shr u have to have the shr receiver and the shr servo's or u wont get the shr speed, now here whats messed up u cant run a lipo with it without a voltage regulator, u can only run a lipo with there high voltage servo's but not with any of there receivers lol, makes no sense i worked with there tech guys for awhile on this, also in regular mode and the regular receiver u still cant run a lipo without a voltage reg, when the lipo charges full it charges up to 8.4 and over a few charges it burns out the rec.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdesoto
You guys should try KO Propo. The latest version, Eurus, is bullet proof.
i agree with u ko is a great radio, but for me i dont like the feel of it, i like the big m11 in my hands.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Fulcrum I was reading your post and I had a similar problem. I brought my 4X last year and specifically got digital servos so I could use HRS. After running the car for a few minutes the steering servo would stop working. The throttle servo would continue to work. Switched it to PPM and the problem went away. I run a 3PK with Futaba's FASST system.

So it's not specific to the car. It may have something to do with vibration, but it's working so I'm not fussin with it.

Oh and I had a steering servo glitch yesterday. Found the servo connector was coming loose!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default radios

hey fellas something i learned at the worlds from Sawamotto of Sanwa ....i'm not sure but havn't had issues since .....worth a try...I did see most of the Pro drivers using a heavy duty or home made power lead or the factory ones that KO and Sanwa give you with the radios in the kit....i heard the power loss of a lesser quality lead was causing the problems...
Old 05-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steve Rossi
hey fellas something i learned at the worlds from Sawamotto of Sanwa ....i'm not sure but havn't had issues since .....worth a try...I did see most of the Pro drivers using a heavy duty or home made power lead or the factory ones that KO and Sanwa give you with the radios in the kit....i heard the power loss of a lesser quality lead was causing the problems...

Pics
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is the difference with the new clutch? Have I missed something?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRISP76
What is the difference with the new clutch? Have I missed something?
Here's a pic from REDRC
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-thurs-mugenclutch.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.